Boasting about your salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
www.jenaugustine.simplesite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
agree. I fall short everyday. I’m assuming you are saying you also fall short? But can we also be persuaded better things? Hebrews 6:8-10 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned. [9] But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak. [10] For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

Sometimes I’m afraid to respond to you as if no matter what I say you’ll take it wrong or with ill intent. I’ve read a lot of what others post to you about your grammar or eclipses or whatever nonsense criticism and can relate to being told those things. Not sure what you have experienced as a woman but can relate to being told your crap and then hearing a different message from God. Filthy rags ...yes. But that is not the end in He makes all things new, a garment of praise in and of God is not filthy rags. I’m not against you so hope you don’t take it that way. Agree there are contradicting messages rarely seen. Like Romans 12:16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

But we can talk all day long about those judging and kicking others when they are down, and then turn around and kick those who kick those who are down. No different. Still hypocritical in judging those who judge, is still judging.
Where did you see me kick down people? Huh? Id like to know...

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then ignore my threads...cause i dont take things lightly remember what they say, if you dont have anything nice to say dont say at all...why add more coal just to stir up the fire...maybe if people stop judging me...i wont have to judge anyone...you say you were hesistant to respond to my criticising..why isnt you were hesistant to this thread? I mean must sound mad in my OP...yet you were quick to respond...

To clarify I was speaking of others criticizing you. Ok. I won’t respond but you still have a sister if you ever need another. It is tough in this world.

Reactions: ScottA

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where did you see me kick down people? Huh? Id like to know...

Now? How do you know... maybe I’m the one in need of a sister? Yet, Unless I’m wrong you’ve kicked and said ...So what, I don’t need you so go away.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then ignore my threads...cause i dont take things lightly remember what they say, if you dont have anything nice to say dont say at all...why add more coal just to stir up the fire...maybe if people stop judging me...i wont have to judge anyone...you say you were hesistant to respond to my criticising..why isnt you were hesistant to this thread? I mean i must sound angry in my OP....yet you were quick to respond to it by throwing another stone... HYPOCRITES!
So I do have a question for you, why do you get to judge?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But thats just it, there is none good, only God can be good all the time..there is none righteous...unless Jesus put that righteousness on you..even so..even if you are saved its still not should be boasted around..and people should not be gossiping and judging people they dont know...or atleast confront that person as if they got a problem....nobody is righteous to pass judgement on a person...or thier failures....cause we are all sinners..we are all filthy rags...in dire need of a Lord and savior...nobody can talk about nobody..we all have sinned and fallen short...

"And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God." Mark 10:18

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then ignore my threads...cause i dont take things lightly remember what they say, if you dont have anything nice to say dont say at all...why add more coal just to stir up the fire...maybe if people stop judging me...i wont have to judge anyone...you say you were hesistant to respond to my criticising..why isnt you were hesistant to this thread? I mean i must sound angry in my OP....yet you were quick to respond to it by throwing another stone... HYPOCRITES!
Even if a person does throw a stone at you, with or without good cause, if you really want to be like Jesus you need to learn to respond as He did:

"And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left.
Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots" Luke 23:33-34

Jesus never did a sin. He never did anything that warranted punishment yet we see that he made no effort to defend himself. His words were spoken in forgiveness for the ones who were killing his body.

With regard to you or me and all of the others on this forum, not one of us can truthfully say that we have never done anything worthy of punishment. If you cannot forgive, try at least to remain silent when you are, or you believe that are, under attack.

"Then said Pilate unto him, Hearest thou not how many things they witness against thee?
And he answered him to never a word; insomuch that the governor marvelled greatly." Matt 27:13-14

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
...a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;" Ecc 3:1,7

If you want to throw more rocks, go ahead and throw them at me as well!!!

There really are some people on here who sincerely want to help you rather than to only criticize and condemn. Will you not allow it? Will you not accept it?

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even if a person does throw a stone at you, with or without good cause, if you really want to be like Jesus you need to learn to respond as He did:

"And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left.
Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots" Luke 23:33-34

Jesus never did a sin. He never did anything that warranted punishment yet we see that he made no effort to defend himself. His words were spoken in forgiveness for the ones who were killing his body.

With regard to you or me and all of the others on this forum, not one of us can truthfully say that we have never done anything worthy of punishment. If you cannot forgive, try at least to remain silent when you are, or you believe that are, under attack.

"Then said Pilate unto him, Hearest thou not how many things they witness against thee?
And he answered him to never a word; insomuch that the governor marvelled greatly." Matt 27:13-14

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
...a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;" Ecc 3:1,7

If you want to throw more rocks, go ahead and throw them at me as well!!!

There really are some people on here who sincerely want to help you rather than to only criticize and condemn. Will you not allow it? Will you not accept it?
Mary Magdalene wasnt Jesus either..and thats the difference between me and Jesus..im not Jesus..im sensitive to my feelings...im a human being with emotions like all of you..yeah keep comparing me to Jesus...it only makes things worst knowing im not perfect like Jesus.,

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a right to when im in service to the Lord but because of people quickly judging me i may have lost my service to him for having to defend myself and condemn people back..thank you very much
Oh I see, so it is ok for you to judge everyone else, but if they judge you LOOK OUT!

Thank you for revealing your true agenda here and also your true colors that, like all of us, you are a hypocrite.

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I see, so it is ok for you to judge everyone else, but if they judge you LOOK OUT!
Thank you for revealing your true agenda here and also your true colors that, like all of us, you are a hypocrite.
Who did i judge and how do you know im judging people? Why stir up the fire by putting more coal to it...you dont even know me..you are quick to judge me but slow to try to understand the truth i tell ya to acknowledge it but i guess you'll find every opportunity to condemn me on this forum in any way you can...and i dont judge people unless they judge me first..people would have to piss me off pretty bad for me to judge them back...