Boasting about your salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who did i judge and how do you know im judging people? Why stir up the fire by putting more coal to it...you dont even know me..you are quick to judge me but slow to try to understand the truth i tell ya to acknowledge it but i guess you'll find every opportunity to condemn me on this forum in any way you can...
Attack you? I actually asked you a simple question of where was the evidence of people boasting about their salvation on this board. You still have yet to provide any evidence but keep going off on your tirades.

And what do you mean when you say I have condemned you?

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
www.jenaugustine.simplesite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Attack you? I actually asked you a simple question of where was the evidence of people boasting about their salvation on this board. You still have yet to provide any evidence but keep going off on your tirades.

And what do you mean when you say I have condemned you?
Good. And i'll keep going off on my little *tirades* until you finally get it....

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
*You are on ignored* i dont have time for this childish shit today...

Language, Jennifer. You have to control your anger, or if not at least your wording when you're posting. The mods can let some things go around here, but they will probably not excuse blatant cursing like that.

Be blessed,
Yours,
Hidden

Reactions: Helen

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Language, Jennifer. You have to control your anger, or if not at least your wording when you're posting. The mods can let some things go around here, but they will probably not excuse blatant cursing like that.

Be blessed,
Yours,
Hidden

im curious since I’m not a guy how many guys here language has changed in break rooms at work or while alone with other groups of guys? Only ask because my husband once said how much he hated going back to work where he used to work as he had forgotten how bad the language was in break rooms? Do you correct them and tell them their language is unacceptable...curious?

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
im curious since I’m not a guy how many guys here language has changed in break rooms at work or while alone with other groups of guys? Only ask because my husband once said how much he hated going back to work where he used to work as he had forgotten how bad the language was in break rooms? Do you correct them and tell them their language is unacceptable...curious?
If they are professing Christians? Absolutely.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If they are professing Christians? Absolutely.

thank you for an honest answer. Had people roll down windows driving down the road and holler out f-ing this and f-that. Usually frustrated or angry. I’ve became frustrated before and let the words fly. Regret it later but in the moment the anger is like a raging fire, boiling. In break rooms would it be out of frustration or anger or does it just sound manly and tough?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If they're non-Christian, no. Not just a guy thing, though. Byrd has used language here that was questionable before as well, and he had to get called on it too.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary Magdalene wasnt Jesus either..and thats the difference between me and Jesus..im not Jesus..im sensitive to my feelings...im a human being with emotions like all of you..yeah keep comparing me to Jesus...it only makes things worst knowing im not perfect like Jesus.,
So don't compare yourself with Jesus. Look at Stephen a young man, never married, never had any children, who was given the job in the Church of caring for widows and orphans. Along with those important duties, when he had the opportunity, he witnessed for God and His Son. For that they came up against him hard:

"And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul.
And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep." Acts 7:58-60

Stephen was a human being. He was sensitive to his feelings. Do you think he was perfect like Jesus? He was a lot like us and as they were stoning him he asked the Lord to Not charge them for his death. He had the power of the Holy Ghost, but he still suffered and died.

You need to buck up! You need to stop assuming you are the only or even the worst victim. Also stop assuming that everyone here is against you. We are people like Stephen and like you. We, all of us, want to be like Jesus. We want to help each other... including you to accomplish that. Jesus came to make it a possibility. Believe it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Enoch111

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thank you for an honest answer. Had people roll down windows driving down the road and holler out f-ing this and f-that. Usually frustrated or angry. I’ve became frustrated before and let the words fly. Regret it later but in the moment the anger is like a raging fire, boiling. In break rooms would it be out of frustration or anger or does it just sound manly and tough?

When God corrects and rebukes, it is to protect His own and if possible cause repentance to come upon the one who is sinning. In the case of non-Christians, this will very rarely be the case, which is why correcting sinners just leads to them lashing out at you. But there have been times when I found the language so offensive that the righteousness of God just burst out from within me and I chastised the person right in front of everyone, even though they were not a Christian. He and everyone else was so stunned that they just changed the subject. But I wouldn't advise doing that very often. Unless it is the Spirit of God within you speaking the words, you will make matters worse instead of better. Even sinners know when they are being corrected by God, but they can also sense when they are merely being criticized by men.

Do that, and you are in for a very bad time.

Reactions: amadeus

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When God corrects and rebukes, it is to protect His own and if possible cause repentance to come upon the one who is sinning. In the case of non-Christians, this will very rarely be the case, which is why correcting sinners just leads to them lashing out at you. But there have been times when I found the language so offensive that the righteousness of God just burst out from within me and I chastised the person right in front of everyone, even though they were not a Christian. He and everyone else was so stunned that they just changed the subject. But I wouldn't advise doing that very often. Unless it is the Spirit of God within you speaking the words, you will make matters worse instead of better. Even sinners know when they are being corrected by God, but they can also sense when they are merely being criticized by men.

Do that, and you are in for a very bad time.
But you aint righteous..everybody dont feel good everyday..sometimes people do get and say things they dont mean out of that anger and being under so much pressure etc. It doesnt matter if someone swears or not..the Lord can still see our hearts..swearing is never acceptable but it doesnt make you more righteous then the next person..im not one who curses on purpose..its usually its when i have an attitude or frustrated..it doesnt mean i dont love the Lord though which i believe is the most important thing anyway...but i will watch my language next time and its not your job to chasten anyone...you probably need correction in some area of your life yourself...

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So don't compare yourself with Jesus. Look at Stephen a young man, never married, never had any children, who was given the job in the Church of caring for widows and orphans. Along with those important duties, when he had the opportunity, he witnessed for God and His Son. For that they came up against him hard:

"And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul.
And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep." Acts 7:58-60

Stephen was a human being. He was sensitive to his feelings. Do you think he was perfect like Jesus? He was a lot like us and as they were stoning him he asked the Lord to Not charge them for his death. He had the power of the Holy Ghost, but he still suffered and died.

You need to buck up! You need to stop assuming you are the only or even the worst victim. Also stop assuming that everyone here is against you. We are people like Stephen and like you. We, all of us, want to be like Jesus. We want to help each other... including you to accomplish that. Jesus came to make it a possibility. Believe it!
Im not comparing myself to Jesus...i said yall comparing me to Jesus

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you aint righteous..everybody dont feel good everyday..sometimes people do get and say things they dont mean out of that anger and being under so much pressure etc. It doesnt matter if someone swears or not..the Lord can still see our hearts..swearing is never acceptable but it doesnt make you more righteous then the next person..im not one who curses on purpose..its usually its when i have an attitude or frustrated..it doesnt mean i dont love the Lord though which i believe is the most important thing anyway...but i will watch my language next time and its not your job to chasten anyone...you probably need correction in some area of your life yourself...

It wasn't because they were having a bad day. It was because they were joking about some women across the street and calling them whores and stating in no uncertain terms what they wanted to do with them... Do you have a problem with my speaking up?

Reactions: Willie T

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It wasn't because they were having a bad day. It was because they were joking about some women across the street and calling them whores and stating in no uncertain terms what they wanted to do with them... Do you have a problem with my speaking up?

@Jenniferdiana3637:

Yes or no? Do you think Christian men should always just remain silent and let other men who work under them talk at length about every filthy thing they want to, and for as long as they want to, and as crudely as they want to?

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How we should boast:

As for me, however, I will boast only about the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ; for by means of his cross the world is dead to me, and I am dead to the world.

Galatians 6:14 GNT

and

So then, as the scripture says, “Whoever wants to boast must boast of what the Lord has done.”

1 Cor 1:31 GNT

Reactions: Jenniferdiana3637

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No but i i learned a lot spending time with the Lord...

Reactions: amadeus