Bones

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In one house shall it be eaten; thou shalt not carry forth ought of the flesh abroad out of the house; neither shall ye break a bone thereof.” Ex 12:46

They shall leave none of it unto the morning, nor break any bone of it: according to all the ordinances of the passover they shall keep it.” Num 9:12

He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken.” Psalm 34:20

All my bones shall say, LORD, who is like unto thee, which deliverest the poor from him that is too strong for him, yea, the poor and the needy from him that spoileth him?” Psalm 35:10

For my days are consumed like smoke, and my bones are burned as an hearth.” Psalm 102:3

Our bones are scattered at the grave's mouth, as when one cutteth and cleaveth wood upon the earth.” Psalm 141:7

There were they in great fear, where no fear was: for God hath scattered the bones of him that encampeth against thee: thou hast put them to shame, because God hath despised them.” Psalm 53:5

By long forbearing is a prince persuaded, and a soft tongue breaketh the bone.” Prov 25:15

Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.” Psalm 51:8

For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.” Psalm 103:14

Then came the soldiers, and brake the legs of the first, and of the other which was crucified with him.

But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs” John 19:32-33

For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken.” John 19:36

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our bones versus the bones of Jesus? What do they hold together? The body of a carnal man living in his carnal ways versus the Body of Christ fully supporting the Head, which is Jesus. All the soft parts have necessary functions, but how well would they function without the framework of bones which support them?

So then again, "A bone of him shall not be broken." Of which body or Body are we or are we to be a part?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our bones versus the bones of Jesus? What do they hold together? The body of a carnal man living in his carnal ways versus the Body of Christ fully supporting the Head, which is Jesus. All the soft parts have necessary functions, but how well would they function without the framework of bones which support them?

So then again, "A bone of him shall not be broken." Of which body or Body are we or are we to be a part?
Ephesians 5:29-30 KJV
29) For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
30) For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

Of His flesh, of His bones . . . not a bone of His shall be broken . . .

Much love!

Azim

Sep 25, 2020
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I never noticed the connection with not breaking the bones of the lamb, for passover, and how not one bone of Christ was broken.
Does this fit with what your trying to show us, @amadeus ?

Ezekiel 37
The hand of the Lord was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,
2 And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry.
3 And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord God, thou knowest.
4 Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the Lord.
5 Thus saith the Lord God unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:
6 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the Lord.
7 So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone.
8 And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them.
9 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord God; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.
10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.
11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.
12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
13 And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the Lord have spoken it, and performed it, saith the Lord.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never noticed the connection with not breaking the bones of the lamb, for passover, and how not one bone of Christ was broken.
Does this fit with what your trying to show us, @amadeus ?

Ezekiel 37
The hand of the Lord was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,
2 And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry.
3 And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord God, thou knowest.
4 Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the Lord.
5 Thus saith the Lord God unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:
6 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the Lord.
7 So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone.
8 And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them.
9 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord God; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.
10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.
11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.
12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
13 And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the Lord have spoken it, and performed it, saith the Lord.
Yes... our bones have been dead as we have been dead until and if we have encountered and received the Life which Jesus brought. The valley of bones in Ezekiel has perhaps often been considered simply the people of natural Israel [descendants of Jacob], but it has long been in my mind also to see it, as you have, as the people of God today as well... that is the followers of Christ or the Church.

All of us who follow Jesus are or are to be parts of the Body of Christ. How dead and dried up have we begun? Does the Life come to us through the Holy Spirit, the same Spirit which quickened those dry bones as per Ezekiel?

Joh 14:26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Ac 1:8But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The body of Christ supports WHO . what were those words you wrote . JESUS CHRIST as THE HEAD .
YEt why is it many support another jesus and false doctrines as their head . Cause the body DONT DO That .
Many support a love that is coming of the world , of darkness and of satan . BUT because it cometh under the name o GOD
and of CHRIST they BUY INTO IT . JESUS CHRIST NOR GOD WHO SENT HIM would have ever once
supported a love that trangresses , that calleth evil good and good evil . CHARITY dont rejoice in lies and in inquity
BUT ONLY IN THE TRUTH . JESUS IS THE TRUTH THE WAY AND THE LIFE , and contrary to todays popular all inclusive love
which implies there is no need to believe on him , JESUS as IS HIS WORDS TRUTH .
Many can lip JESUS is the truth . YET THEY SEEM to treat his words as THEY ARE LIES . SOMETHING aint adding up with that my friend .
IF our love is in a broad path to GOD , THEN ITS FALSE . I know folks DO not want to hear
what i keep on saying but i am gonna keep on saying it . The other religoins are false
AND JESUS also never has been , never was or ever will be the MINSTIR O SIN . So IF we embrace rainbows
or the love of money and claim such love cometh of GOD . WE DONT KNOW LOVE OR GOD

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The body of Christ supports WHO . what were those words you wrote . JESUS CHRIST as THE HEAD .
YEt why is it many support another jesus and false doctrines as their head . Cause the body DONT DO That .
Many support a love that is coming of the world , of darkness and of satan . BUT because it cometh under the name o GOD
and of CHRIST they BUY INTO IT . JESUS CHRIST NOR GOD WHO SENT HIM would have ever once
supported a love that trangresses , that calleth evil good and good evil . CHARITY dont rejoice in lies and in inquity
BUT ONLY IN THE TRUTH . JESUS IS THE TRUTH THE WAY AND THE LIFE , and contrary to todays popular all inclusive love
which implies there is no need to believe on him , JESUS as IS HIS WORDS TRUTH .
Many can lip JESUS is the truth . YET THEY SEEM to treat his words as THEY ARE LIES . SOMETHING aint adding up with that my friend .
IF our love is in a broad path to GOD , THEN ITS FALSE . I know folks DO not want to hear
what i keep on saying but i am gonna keep on saying it . The other religoins are false
AND JESUS also never has been , never was or ever will be the MINSTIR O SIN . So IF we embrace rainbows
or the love of money and claim such love cometh of GOD . WE DONT KNOW LOVE OR GOD
There is only one name, that is Jesus Christ, by which we may be saved:

Ac 4:12Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our bones versus the bones of Jesus? What do they hold together? The body of a carnal man living in his carnal ways versus the B:Zek:ody of Christ fully supporting the Head, which is Jesus. All the soft parts have necessary functions, but how well would they function without the framework of bones which support them?

Wow, profound !
Thank you.
:Zek:

Reactions: amadeus

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus all I know is that Yeshua talked a lot of times during each of his Gospels, to the disciples that he was going to die. I imagine that is a message for us to remember that you too are gonna die. While you live, Paul talked about carrying around the body of Christ with-in us because of remembering his death. My body is slowly decaying every day, whether I work it out or not, and one day will I be dead for sure, and this body will be nothing but ashes, if I get cremated.

2 Corinthians 4:10 We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus all I know is that Yeshua talked a lot of times during each of his Gospels, to the disciples that he was going to die. I imagine that is a message for us to remember that you too are gonna die. While you live, Paul talked about carrying around the body of Christ with-in us because of remembering his death. My body is slowly decaying every day, whether I work it out or not, and one day will I be dead for sure, and this body will be nothing but ashes, if I get cremated.

2 Corinthians 4:10 We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.
Joh 11:26And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The born again are..

bone of Jesus's bones, and flesh of Jesus's flesh

= "In Christ"... "One with God".

Ephesians 5:30

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not understand what you are trying to say here. Please explain.
A chimera is someone who has two different DNA.

Jesus being human and of heaven, one DNA of human and the other DNA heaven sort of, I use the chimera as an example.

• Sad
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A chimera is someone who has two different DNA.

Jesus being human and of heaven, one DNA of human and the other DNA heaven sort of, I use the chimera as an example.
Thank you for the explanation. It would be difficult if not impossible to prove that heavenly beings have a DNA... but I think I get your point.

Reactions: BeyondET

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joh 11:26And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
Jesus died… So will I.

Then the afterlife. All people will be resurrected.

No one who believed in Jesus never has ever not died. Even dying to themselves picking up their cross.