Bones

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus died… So will I.

Then the afterlife. All people will be resurrected.

No one who believed in Jesus never has ever not died. Even dying to themselves picking up their cross.
There is the death of the flesh and the death of the spirit. Adam and Eve died immediately when they disobeyed God, but their flesh lived on. While they lived on carnally producing physical offspring neither of them had real Life again until Jesus made it available. Was the Life Jesus brought available to those in the past [OT] as well as those in the future? How limited is our God?

Reactions: Azim

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Our life is NOT in the flesh but in the Spirit, if so be we walk in the Spirit and not after the flesh

Romans 8:
8] So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. [9] But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.

Jeremiah 32:27​

27 Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

What seemed IMPOSSIBLE to Mary and Martha was possible with Christ.

Last edited:
Reactions: Debp and Azim

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is the death of the flesh and the death of the spirit. Adam and Eve died immediately when they disobeyed God, but their flesh lived on. While they lived on carnally producing physical offspring neither of them had real Life again until Jesus made it available. Was the Life Jesus brought available to those in the past [OT] as well as those in the future? How limited is our God?

Didnt some of the people who were prophets, and some of those who looked faithfully towards God have some life?

Reactions: amadeus

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didnt some of the people who were prophets, and some of those who looked faithfully towards God have some life?
Certainly Abel and Cain had some life being in the presence God, bringing offerings to Him.

The last verse interesting,
doing what's right master it.

Gen 4
3 So in the course of time, Cain brought some of the fruit of the soil as an offering to the LORD,

4 while Abel brought the best portions of the firstborn of his flock. And the LORD looked with favor on Abel and his offering,

5 but He had no regard for Cain and his offering. So Cain became very angry, and his countenance fell.

6 “Why are you angry,” said the LORD to Cain, “and why has your countenance fallen?

7 If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you refuse to do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires you, but you must master it.”

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Certainly Abel and Cain had some life being in the presence God, bringing offerings to Him.

The last verse interesting,
doing what's right master it.

Gen 4
3 So in the course of time, Cain brought some of the fruit of the soil as an offering to the LORD,

4 while Abel brought the best portions of the firstborn of his flock. And the LORD looked with favor on Abel and his offering,

5 but He had no regard for Cain and his offering. So Cain became very angry, and his countenance fell.

6 “Why are you angry,” said the LORD to Cain, “and why has your countenance fallen?

7 If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you refuse to do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires you, but you must master it.”
You remind me also that Abels name means "breathe, vapor."

Reactions: BeyondET

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I do believe so, but Life was not available to whosoever will until Jesus had paaid the price and the Holy Spirit was poured out on Pentecost as per Acts 2. So I believe.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I do believe so, but Life was not available to whosoever will until Jesus had paaid the price and the Holy Spirit was poured out on Pentecost as per Acts 2. So I believe.
That is very cool? Amadeus. Thank you for sharing that with me. The holy spirit is what cause a prophet to speak from God and then it would leave him after Yahava was done using them and they contiuned in faith in trusting God, even after it had left. Today believers are given the holy spirit from faith in the Lord Yeshua, who is God with us, and the spirit of Christ nows dwell into the hearts of believers; who seek Yahava in faith. Whether or not they even know every detail about Jesus, or Yeshua, or even knowing the name or even what he had done, why? Because he is the Word of God, and when God spoke, the word he created and that was all performed by none other the Yeshua, the Messiah, the Son of Man, the Son of God, the very Logos (spoken word of God.) He had always been beside the Father since the beginning, and if they were talking to oneself, like we tend to talk to our own self when no one even knows it. Is that how The Word was slain before the foundations of the Word? Did Yahava make plans with himself and what he would decide to do or not do, or make right? Isnt he our Judge? And isnt he able to slay his own Word, which blood spilled lead to millions of people being able to know Yahava by looking at the creation, and he writes his laws on the minds and hearts of those who are seeking him. For he can only see the heart, and that is why it is proclaimed that he is not a respector of persons. And if a person has faith and love because of their pursuit of God, or even the Lord Yeshua as their king, they will always try to abide in Christ as they go along in this life which now today is our new life; which is spirtual life and that is what is going to the beyond here; of just our tired old aching bones.

Love you and good to always know you are still around and everyone else on this website.

Reactions: amadeus