Books and Movies having the same storyline as jesus.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Leviathan

Jan 18, 2008
I realized long ago that The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe had the same basic story line as the jesus. Aslan more than any other character portrays jesus. He comews to the land dominates they kill him and he is resurrected in a sense. Is this sinful to do becaue i have heard it is. Does this, and other like it, spread the word in a wrong way.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
(Leviathan;32954)
I realized long ago that The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe had the same basic story line as the jesus. Aslan more than any other character portrays jesus. He comews to the land dominates they kill him and he is resurrected in a sense. Is this sinful to do becaue i have heard it is. Does this, and other like it, spread the word in a wrong way.
I LOVED Narnia. I LOVE Narnia. I'm as old as the hills and I watch it every chance I get with my grandchildren (and at times without them).It is fascinating to me to see how true to the Bible the story is told. Each time I watch it I pick up another piece of information they have in the movie...like finding pieces of gold.For example....the children running through the hall and all the doors being locked...except the door to where God was leading them. The book and this movie are absolutely wonderful. Those that say "but it is majic" and equate it to Harry Potter are foolish, at least to my mind. It opens the story to children as well as adults in a fascinating way and although it is shown in a fantasy way it is factual...........Whirlwind

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
The movie is great,I see no reason why it is a sin,It portrays the story of Jesus!!!,It is hard to get anybody to see a movie without pain suffering etc. So why not change it up into a story that is good and portrays Jesus,it is pure genious in my mind!!!