Books Outside the Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Ok so we have established that Lateran IV is early 13th century around 1215 and is followed by the inquisition around 1250. So now let's "imagine the inquisition" where millions of people are "exterminated" - but first undergo torture that could be of the form "here we are asking you to leave our nation but since you refuse we are torturing you to leave" ... in which case no restraints would be needed since after all they were only asking them to "leave" the nation.

Now that's one sort of narrative... the other one is where the inquisition is in fact confining its victims, torturing them... trying to keep them from escaping... and in many cases killing them.

And given that their own Jesuit Fordham calls it "extermination" and given that their own Catholic Digest says it is real genuine "killing" that is going in that that "extermination" - and given that the inquisitors were not known for "simply asking that people leave town and never in any way restraining their victims" -- I think the "just leave town" version of it is a hard sale to make.

If you check into Pope Clement XIV's statement on the Jesuits and how they were so horrific in their "inquisition" that the Dominican Priests were complaining about the Jesuit cruelty and so the Jesuits according to Pope Clement had to be forever extinguished -- It is even harder to then imagine that the victims were not being held against their will or that they were interpreting "exterminate" as merely "leave town".
Hi BR
Sorry,,,been busy.
You've convinced me!
I also can add that within 100 years the word exterminate came to mean,,,kill off.
Which would fit in with your timing.

I know the cc killed many,,,I just was saying that ex terminus meant banish in the language of Lateran IV.
Thanks!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What kind of love calls a person "petty"?
Did you show love when you said "You know less than you'll ever know."

Did you show love when you said You are a liar and your church is not Christian

Did you show love when you said The Knights of Columbus represent an organization that is responsible for the death of BILLIONS!!!

Did you show love when you said, Hey madman, I mean Breadman, ....

I could go on with a whole bunch of un-loving quotes from you but I won't reveal anymore of your hypocrisy.

Would you allow someone to take out of context and misconstrue what you have said? No, you wouldn't.

As stated it was MY OPINION that PW was being petty. In your opinion Am I not allowed to give my opinion?

It is PETTY (having little or no importance or significance) to snipe at me and question me instead of question the legitimacy or accuracy of the source I provided. Do you have a better word to describe what happened?

Mary

Reactions: GodsGrace

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmm, I already pointed out to you that YOU yourself condemned GG for supporting Rollo when he stated that the K of C has “killed millions” of people. I don’t need to prove ANYTHING else to you because this is evidenceenough that she spreads hatred of the Catholic Church by supporting this kind of manure.

The fact that YOU have a problem with this speaks VOLUMES about your own confusion . . .
Hi BoL.

I can see where I CRITISIZED GG for not condemning Rollo's statement. For you to suggest that I CONDEMNED her is not accurate.

It seems to me that you are saying GG's lack of condemnation of Rollo is equals spreading the hatred of or supporting the hatred of the CC? I don't think that is a fair assessment. I don't see it that way.

Once again, your response to me would have been REASONABLE if you would have left out the last line: "The fact that YOU have a problem with this speaks VOLUMES about your own confusion"

Once I read that line, I cringed and thought to myself, "Why does he have to add those UNNECCESARY hurtful statements?"

Mary

Reactions: GodsGrace

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you show love when you said "You know less than you'll ever know."

Did you show love when you said You are a liar and your church is not Christian

Did you show love when you said The Knights of Columbus represent an organization that is responsible for the death of BILLIONS!!!

Did you show love when you said, Hey madman, I mean Breadman, ....

I could go on with a whole bunch of un-loving quotes from you but I won't reveal anymore of your hypocrisy.

Would you allow someone to take out of context and misconstrue what you have said? No, you wouldn't.

As stated it was MY OPINION that PW was being petty. In your opinion Am I not allowed to give my opinion?

It is PETTY (having little or no importance or significance) to snipe at me and question me instead of question the legitimacy or accuracy of the source I provided. Do you have a better word to describe what happened?

Mary
You never answered my question.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
You couldn't have meant that billions were killed by the K of C.
Some here stick to every word someone says and shows no mercy.

Did you mean that millions have been killed by the cc?
Please clarify and/or show support for your view with a link.

Thanks.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Answer to your question:

The kind of love that calls a person a liar, a madman and falsely accuses a men’s Christian organization of killing people.;)

Mary

BobRyan

Jul 27, 2018
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi BR
Sorry,,,been busy.
You've convinced me!
I also can add that within 100 years the word exterminate came to mean,,,kill off.
Which would fit in with your timing.

I know the cc killed many,,,I just was saying that ex terminus meant banish in the language of Lateran IV.
Thanks!

ok -- but it is interesting how the inquisition takes that same set of marching orders a few decades later and turns it into torture and kill. Because "banish" would dictate the opposite of restraining someone so that they cannot leave.

It is odd indeed that the folks living in the same time period did not take the term for exterminate to mean "make them leave town instead of forcing them to stay for some torture and possible death".

Last edited: