Boring like this forever?!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
Inmate said:
hi everyone, Im not going to lie to you....Ever since I started walking on the narrow road of Christianity, I feel like EVERYTHING Is sinful now, and that Eternity is all about doing things for God 24/7 Please don't get the wrong Idea I will Praise and Worship willfully, He is an awesome God who deserves all the praise

however, Sometimes I feel in my head "Why was I created if I cannot have fun or do anything that doesn't involve church or interest with the bible"

When the new earth comes and all of that, Do you think we can still have fun?

Go to malls, do fun things with friends, have friends, so on so forth?
I do these things. I don't know who you are involved with, but it sounds cultist to me. I played 18 holes of golf yesterday after church. It was with some neighbors that I just met. They need Jesus as much as anyone. Perhaps I will get opportunity to witness to them. For now, I am praying for them. But the golf was fun, even though I scored poorly by my standards. cheers, Howie

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greeting to all in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Boring like this forever?!

this is a good Christian topic. Christianity can be boring, if you let it. but to me Christianity is a way of life, not of rules and regulations, but of joy, peace, happiness, and LOVE. Christianity is not all about work. being a servant vs a SON in the HOUSE of GOD. Listen, John 8:35 "And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever 36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed". all Christian are not free, hence bored. all work and no play will make Christianity a boring walk. we are creatures of emotions. but for me, (and this might not be for others), but for me, I mix work with play, having fun, or down time as I put it with my, our father. I view my real father, the Lord Jesus as I did with my earthy father, but in High reverence. My heavenly father came in flesh like you and I. so I have a relationship with him on an earthly level, as well as a Heavenly level. I relate to him in the same reference, but with honor, and RESPECT for who he is. example, in the natural, I play cards with others, while my father is present in me, but we don't gamble. dance, movies, eating out, ect... with friends and family. now on a spiritual level I still have fun with my Heavenly Father in this sense. this is ONLY AN EXAMPLE. I have fun with, my, our father in almost the same way as I did with my earthly father, but on a more serious level. believe it or not, "IN FUN", we, I bet, (NOT WITH MONEY), but with FAITH, I bet against my Lord, my father, in religious games. such as hide and seek, (spiritually speaking). he hid his word in the bible, and he give me clues on how to find the true meaning of scripture, and I seek him. this is a bible principle. "seek the Lord while you can". I'll take a bet of FAITH, against my Father, Lord Jesus, to see how fast I can find the meaning of his words. I'll place a bet, (NOT WITH MONEY), but with FAITH, that I could, say for instance find the meaning within two hours, or less. knowing all along, betting against the lord is a loosing situation, but it's fun to loose against him. he might let me get within 1 hour and 59 minute of the answer.. but then again he will allow me to understand it within a minute. it's like when you play wrestle with your earthly father just when you think you got him pinned down, he just flex a muscle and you are on the floor. see, it's a relationship of LOVE. but look at the benefits of this relationship. in doing this, you ADD to your FAITH, you get stronger in the word. YES, while playing he is laying the foundation of a strong son to be. just as in an example of the animal kingdom. the parent in mock play shows the offspring how to catch prey themselves. we are creatures of PLAY, yes, if you enjoy doing something, you will LEARN and be good at it. the world took the cue from the spiritual world. PRACTICE MAKE PERFECT. we're not perfect yet. well I can only speak for myself. for the Lord have not finish with me yet. as one administrator quotation states, "don't be a scriptural monkey". now one can take it any way they want to. but for me, I have more fun in the word of God than in natural life. but there is a balance. only let the Lord lead you. even in the natural I have fun using Godly principle in everyday life. and one of the main fun time I have is when the Lord and I have our laughter, or down time together. especially when I have made an error at something. It's good when you and your heavenly father can have fun, even when we make mistakes. but even in a mistakes, he corrects me in LOVE and show me how to avoid such errors in the future. see Christianity is not a religion of rigid rules and regulation. but of Love of one another out of a pure heart. scripture, 1 Timothy 1:5 "Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned". most christian, bless their hearts, don't know what a pure conscience is. just like when they are baptized, they think that it's just something to do. but Oh no, it's more that that. listen, 1 Peter 3:21 "The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ". they have no knowledge of a pure conscience toward God. they are bogged down in laws, rules, and regulation, which don't save. but here is the answer, John 8:34 "Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. 35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. 36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed".
I believe all Christians need to re-read what our Lord have said, "Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever". that's a powerful statement. for, Romans 14:23b "for whatsoever is not of faith is sin". I hope most Christian get that. read that again, "for whatsoever is not of faith is sin".

now to be free indeed, 1 Timothy 1:5 "Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned".

once the Lord MAKE you free, you want be bored, as another topic stated "out of the box", ;)

be blessed.

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
williemac said:
I do these things. I don't know who you are involved with, but it sounds cultist to me. I played 18 holes of golf yesterday after church. It was with some neighbors that I just met. They need Jesus as much as anyone. Perhaps I will get opportunity to witness to them. For now, I am praying for them. But the golf was fun, even though I scored poorly by my standards. cheers, Howie
Im not involved with nobody, I have no friends....The only people I hear that rebuke this are prophets and Christians with testimonies.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
There are no prophets anymore. To say there are prophets is to fundamentally misunderstand the New Covenant....which explains in part the waywardness of the LDS church. Both the law and the prophets were fulfilled in Christ and to make sure that message was driven home, God even sent a vision to the apostles of Moses and Elijah. Prophets were an intermediary between God and the people of God. Now we have no intermediary but Christ. We have no teacher but Christ. We have no father but Christ. Every erroneous religion and cult from Islam to the Mormons has at its core a return to the age of prophets which represents a giant leap backward in God's relation to man; regressing to an outmoded and inferior way to interface with our Creator.

Ruth

Jan 26, 2009
Not sure why you can't have a cigar, a scotch and watch a good movie? We are not to get drunk, and there are many sites you can get on to review movies before you see them by Christian critics.

You know your temptations so avoid activities that may be to tempting to you....get out their and have fun, just remember you are an ambassador for Christ, He always comes first, love others and share Christ.