Boring like this forever?!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
hi everyone, Im not going to lie to you....Ever since I started walking on the narrow road of Christianity, I feel like EVERYTHING Is sinful now, and that Eternity is all about doing things for God 24/7 Please don't get the wrong Idea I will Praise and Worship willfully, He is an awesome God who deserves all the praise

however, Sometimes I feel in my head "Why was I created if I cannot have fun or do anything that doesn't involve church or interest with the bible"

When the new earth comes and all of that, Do you think we can still have fun?

Go to malls, do fun things with friends, have friends, so on so forth?

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
If you find misery in doing what's right, then you've got a problem.

I usually find doing what's right keeps me out of misery.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
however, Sometimes I feel in my head "Why was I created if I cannot have fun or do anything that doesn't involve church or interest with the bible"
Why must it involve church to not be sinful? We don't have to have a Bible in hand when we perform every activity of our lives.

Atonement

May 30, 2013
29.7631° N, 95.3631° W
Greetings to you in the love of Jesus

You can shop at malls and hang out with friends etc! That is, unless your friends are smoking dope, gang banging or some other atrocity. God did not create us not to have fun. I been a Christian since 1991' and I have a blast. I don't need drugs/alcohol to have a good time. I don't need to hang out at bars or go dance in at night clubs to have a creative lifestyle. There must be a balance in our lives. So I would suggest that you change your lifestyle around so you don't make it so "boring"

Let me leave you with one of my favorite verses:

1 Corinthians 2:9 Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.

Now thinking about. There are roughly 6 billion people living on this world right now, think about how many have walked the earth since God created it.. Billions more. Now think about all the artist who pain beautiful scenes of Heaven and of Paradise. Think about the most wonderful thing you can.. Now ask every person that lives or who ever lived the same question... And guess what??

They still have never thought, nor heard, nor have seen the things God has prepared for those who love Him. This powerful! Now you may be asking is eternity going to be boring? I can tell you this, if you think walking the malls, hanging out with friends is fun... Wait until we get into eternity when we are able to have bodies like Christ's which can walk through walls, move at the speed of thought and roam all the new created Heavens. Eternity will be everything but boring.

God Bless

Levi

May 30, 2013
Inmate said:
hi everyone, Im not going to lie to you....Ever since I started walking on the narrow road of Christianity, I feel like EVERYTHING Is sinful now, and that Eternity is all about doing things for God 24/7 Please don't get the wrong Idea I will Praise and Worship willfully, He is an awesome God who deserves all the praise

Do you have any hobbies, Inmate? There's a ton of stuff to do out there. Do you have a job? Go to school?

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
Levi,

Do you remember the excitement on the night befor Christmas. Or the anticipation of going car shopping for your first car. Have your palms sweated while you waited to meet a speacial girl?

That is what it is like to be a Christian living in your first love. When God's will becomes your will. It can come with Christian maturity as you gain the fruits of the spirit through right choises and living.

You will love others with a Christian brotherly love so that doing a kindness brings you great pleasure.

If you acheve this state in your life you will be very attractive to God's woman for you!

Levi

May 30, 2013
Eric E Stahl said:
Levi,

Do you remember the excitement on the night befor Christmas. Or the anticipation of going car shopping for your first car. Have your palms sweated while you waited to meet a speacial girl?

That is what it is like to be a Christian living in your first love. When God's will becomes your will. It can come with Christian maturity as you gain the fruits of the spirit through right choises and living.

You will love others with a Christian brotherly love so that doing a kindness brings you great pleasure.

If you acheve this state in your life you will be very attractive to God's woman for you!
Did you mean to address this to me or Inmate? I'm not the one who is bored.

I agree with what you've said, but guys need stuff to do, too.

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
Levi said:
Did you mean to address this to me or Inmate? I'm not the one who is bored.

I agree with what you've said, but guys need stuff to do, too.
I tried to correct it but couldn't get back in after I saw it should have been to Inmate.

Levi

May 30, 2013
Eric E Stahl said:
I tried to correct it but couldn't get back in after I saw it should have been to Inmate.
Ok....the good thing is, it's good advice for everyone! :)

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God doesnt stop you form having fun. There is nothing wrong with going to the pub, watching a movie, playing Games, as another posted,If it makes you unhappy there is something wrong.When I travel I go to the pub with my mates, they know I dont drink but sometimes will have a beer, even on friday arvos before we leave work they give free beer and wine, i eat the chips, occasionally have a beer, surprises everyone but so what. You are free in Christ if you are Free in Christ, If all this troubles you than you may not be totally free. The law condemns. becarefull that you are not trying to live by it.

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
I know of several testimonies and Dr Owuor's revelations that sin is everywhere, It makes me feel so uneasy and afraid to do anything anymore

But I believe it that's the problem now I know

Levi

May 30, 2013
Inmate said:
I know of several testimonies and Dr Owuor's revelations that sin is everywhere, It makes me feel so uneasy and afraid to do anything anymore

But I believe it that's the problem now I know
A person can sin by doing nothing.

It's what is in the heart, we were not given a Spirit of fear, but one of courage and boldness! God told Joshua to "be brave and courageous"!

Do not be anxious!

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
But How can I Not live in Fear?? Everyone talks about how easy it is to go to hell and how hard it is to enter Heaven, Especially for christians

Levi

May 30, 2013
Inmate said:
But How can I Not live in Fear?? Everyone talks about how easy it is to go to hell and how hard it is to enter Heaven, Especially for christians
Who is talking about that?

Maybe you should stop listening to them and think on things from above. What can you do for God? How can you serve Him?

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Inmate, I think a good bit of what you are suffering from comes from the topic discussed in this podcast:
http://reformedforum.org/podcasts/ctc282/

I really really recommend that you listen to it.

Philippians 2:1-2 NIV
Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind.

Paul says elsewhere that he draws joy from other believers just as he does above. Christianity is not meant to be a solitary religion, and this is why you are suffering in the sense that you are. You're truly missing out on the joy of being with local believers. They help, by God working through them, by keeping you on the right path and serving with you. Church is not meant to be just a Sunday thing.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you ar in fear than you are not in faith, if you are in Christ than you have no fear, for perfect love cast out all fear, when you just live and stop worrying than you will com into agreement with God, worrying does nothing but cause one to fear.

In all His love

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did I here someone in need of motivation?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbnH1d9Uc2Y

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Inmate said:

Hi inmate,
These are very relevant questions for someone your age and I'm guessing that going to the mall and hanging out with friends are important to you right now. These things are however really not as fun as you think and one day you will look back and understand what I mean't by this statement. As you get older and mature, some of your priorities will change.

What you are actually describing though, is the setting created when a group of friends that you would like to be around, hang out and do things cool or fun. The feelings that come from those thoughts are what I believe you so desire.The culture that you associate with as a young man, living in this world, is subject to change due to it's faddish nature...[youth culture]

In saying that though...God wants us to also enjoy the life he has given us to live on this earth. This does not mean that we can do whatever we want but rather enjoy ourselves here without conforming to the things that the world seeks after and so often desires. We live by faith and not by sight. We enjoy our friends company and hang out with them because we want to set an example by our behavior and right standing in Christ rather than desiring to have our feelings satisfied by hanging with them. Does that make any sense? :huh:

We now have a purpose rather than running after and desiring the things that the world desires, which is only applicable in this life anyway...

Well yes... :huh: but not on the same level. I think we will have more fun than we could ever think possible...

Bless you!

Levi

May 30, 2013
Hey Inmate - I received this via e-mail this morning..... Bless you!

[SIZE=12pt]Remedy for Depression
TGIF Today God Is First Volume 2, by Os Hillman
06-03-2013[/SIZE]

"To console those who mourn in Zion, to give them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness" (Isa 61:2-3 NKJV).
A 1988 article in Psychology Today reported on an experiment involving 1700 women under stress. The women participated in various projects that involved helping other people. Within 30 days, 85 percent of the women reported that they had been relieved of stress symptoms that included "stress-related disorders such as headaches, voice loss and even pain accompanying lupus and multiple sclerosis."*
I suspect many people could save thousands of dollars on therapy and antidepressants if they would just take time to serve others. The best way to get beyond our pain is to get outside of it. I discovered this in my own journey through a particular dark time. I decided to serve others even though I was in great emotional pain. This had a remarkable positive effect on my emotional state.
When we refocus our attention on the needs of others when we ourselves are in turmoil, it allows the burden of our circumstance to be removed from us. The more one focuses on their own problem the more likely you are to become depressed.
Isaiah understood a principle that is still valid today. If you find yourself depressed because of a circumstance in your life, take Isaiah's advice-begin to praise the Lord in spite of the circumstances you see. Then you will see the spirit of heaviness begin to be lifted.