Born again Christians do not use caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, OR ANY OTHER PSYCHOTROPIC DRUGS...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kaz

Apr 18, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Kaz ... I made a mistake... I called it Christ the King... LOL.. sorry...

Are they building another one because that one is damaged ( meaning they want to repair and replace )... or they are simply
building another one??
Well, I can't say for sure. I highly doubt it though. It was built in 1922.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wow.... I did not know that statue was that old... @Kaz ... Anyways... warm welcome to the forums.

Reactions: Kaz

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alcohol is my no no. I used to drink a lot. I saw it wrecking my life and quit drinking. I have some severe pain issues now and if I started drinking I would probably drink myself to death in no time as it works better than anything for pain. I think alcohol, at least for me, is way too easy to abuse and it is better to avoid it all together.

I was an alcoholic from my first drink at 14. I got drunk the first time, and after that, the cravings. My understanding is I have a faulty metabolism, which latched onto the alcohol sugars. I have no doubt that that if I started drinking now, I'd flip my metabolism back to that, and start having the cravings again.

Much love!

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was an alcoholic from my first drink at 14. I got drunk the first time, and after that, the cravings. My understanding is I have a faulty metabolism, which latched onto the alcohol sugars. I have no doubt that that if I started drinking now, I'd flip my metabolism back to that, and start having the cravings again.

Much love!
Interesting. When I quit drinking I craved alcohol and then it turned into craving sugar. And I have found that when you eat sugar, you crave it. If you stop eating sugar eventually the cravings go away. We are so subject to addictions in these sin prone bodies.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah I'm not a successful drinker myself.
lol is there such a thing as a successful drinker? I could hold a job, pay my bills etc. so I was a functioning alcoholic I guess. Although I do not like to call myself an alcoholic. We have power over alcohol through Christ. Alcoholics Anonymous first step is to admit you are powerless over it.

Reactions: dev553344

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting. When I quit drinking I craved alcohol and then it turned into craving sugar. And I have found that when you eat sugar, you crave it. If you stop eating sugar eventually the cravings go away. We are so subject to addictions in these sin prone bodies.
Ditto.

It's extremely interesting to me how body chemistry affects mood and behavior and interest.

I really liked when they started talking about drug addiction being catagorized as "unusual drug-seeking behavior". The craving for the drug turns into behavior patters to obtain it.

Then you have chemical imbalances in the body. Excessive yeast in the gut can cause anxiety and depression, for instance. Or someone is addicted to opiates, but also is severely deficient in endorphins, the brain's endogenous opiate. Are they simply self-medicating, replacing the missing bits?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol is there such a thing as a successful drinker? I could hold a job, pay my bills etc. so I was a functioning alcoholic I guess. Although I do not like to call myself an alcoholic. We have power over alcohol through Christ. Alcoholics Anonymous first step is to admit you are powerless over it.
I was a very successful drinker! I poured each one right down my throat!

I was a functioning alcoholic until I got fired for drinking on the job. That was when I stopped. And I'm with you . . . I'm not an alcoholic. God set me free.

Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mantis

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes that appears to be correct for Christians, but I have non-Christian family that drink responsibly and aren't alcoholics. Maybe it's a Christian harassment from the tempter? What do you think?

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes that appears to be correct for Christians, but I have non-Christian family that drink responsibly and aren't alcoholics. Maybe it's a Christian harassment from the tempter? What do you think?

I really think that some people are more prone to addictions. I am but my wife is not. I don't know if it is genetic (a sin passed down to the 3rd and 4th generation) or if kids just watch their parents and mimic them when they are older. My dad drinks. I'll bet if I didn't watch him drink I would have been less likely to think it was ok and may have influenced my behavior later in life. Seems like the devil would want to destroy all of our lives so I am sure he uses it to grind us down into powder.

Riverwalker

Apr 20, 2021
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your opinion it was worth every penny I paid

Oh BTW I got a note here....it says if you are Done, Jesus would like His seat back

BTW Jesus not only drank wine....but He made it.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really think that some people are more prone to addictions. I am but my wife is not. I don't know if it is genetic (a sin passed down to the 3rd and 4th generation) or if kids just watch their parents and mimic them when they are older. My dad drinks. I'll bet if I didn't watch him drink I would have been less likely to think it was ok and may have influenced my behavior later in life. Seems like the devil would want to destroy all of our lives so I am sure he uses it to grind us down into powder.
Maybe!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mitch Etling

How do you explain Jesus turning water into wine in this passage?
John 2:1-11
King James Version

2 And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there:

2 And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage.

3 And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.

4 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.

5 His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.

6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece.

7 Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim.

8 And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast. And they bare it.

9 When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knew; ) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom,

10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you use any psychotropic drugs (legal or not) including alcohol, you will go to Hell.

Wine in the Bible is fermented - have a term for unfermented grapes: grape juice.

Jesus turned water into fermented wine, as proved by the host referencing the old bartenders trick of switching to cheap wine when a drinkers taste was dulled by having a couple of drinks and they can’t tell the difference:

He said:

Joh 2:10 and said to him, “Everyone serves the good wine first, and when people have drunk freely, then the poor wine. But you have kept the good wine until now.”

That is proof the wine was fermented.

That’s why scripture says, and be not drunk with wine, wherein is EXCESS.

That’s very clear that you can have a glass of wine with dinner, but not drink until drunk.

Also, do you really think God cares how much grape juice an elder drinks?

Scripture says an elder is not to be a drinker of MUCH wine - change that to, an elder must not be a drinker of much GRAPE JUICE, and it makes no sense.

And Jesus drank wine with the apostles on Passover.

The wine back then was naturally fermented and lower in alcohol content than today’s wine, but it was really wine, and not grape juice.

And I don’t even like wine, so I have no dog in this fight - just the desire to rightly divide the truth.

And coffee is one of the healthiest drinks around - it’s very high in antioxidants and protects against a variety of cancers and other diseases, and it doesn’t alter perception of reality or make you stagger or pass out.

Anyone claiming coffee drinking is sinful, doesn’t know what they’re talking about.

2-4 cups a day is healthy.

----------

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In case you haven't heard this: