Born again requirement ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha but there is no ritual for the baptism of fire, i guess
Sure there is - it's called the Sacrament of Confirmation.
It's not literal flames of fire - but the fire of the Holy Spirit that burns within us.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well ok then, if there is, then understand that my point is that it is pointless too, no offense
You'r free to reject the Holy Spirit if you want.
You've already rejected Christ's Church so you might as well go all the way . . .

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
exactly = not ours to make = that is why we have the Church to separate the heretics and devils from the saints - twinc

So then are you saying that the harvest is already here and the Church is the reapers? Methinks you have missed on both points:

"So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn." Matt 13:28-30

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure there is - it's called the Sacrament of Confirmation.
It's not literal flames of fire - but the fire of the Holy Spirit that burns within us.

Hmmm?

"Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?" Jerem 23:29

"Wherefore thus saith the LORD God of hosts, Because ye speak this word, behold, I will make my words in thy mouth fire, and this people wood, and it shall devour them." Jerem 5:14

"For our God is a consuming fire." Heb 12:29

"And the princes, governors, and captains, and the king's counsellors, being gathered together, saw these men, upon whose bodies the fire had no power, nor was an hair of their head singed, neither were their coats changed, nor the smell of fire had passed on them." Dan 3:27

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm?

"Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?" Jerem 23:29

"Wherefore thus saith the LORD God of hosts, Because ye speak this word, behold, I will make my words in thy mouth fire, and this people wood, and it shall devour them." Jerem 5:14

"And the princes, governors, and captains, and the king's counsellors, being gathered together, saw these men, upon whose bodies the fire had no power, nor was an hair of their head singed, neither were their coats changed, nor the smell of fire had passed on them." Dan 3:27

Soooo, YOU believe that we have actual flames burning inside of us?? You believe Baptism by fire is being physically set ablaze?
You don't understand Scriptural symbolism??

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
a good cop out - here religion and elsewhere the Holy Spirit gets the blame and not human devils claiming inspiration, guidance and indwelling etc - twinc
No not the Holy Spirit, just religion, it cant change itself it opposes God in all things like "confirmation". its just something that confirms someone is a catholic, did that once, but than I was a child and blind and easily led.

Col_2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

which is what religion is all about

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just to think we where all so foolish to think this topic was about being born again, it as always ends up in the defence of religion "catholism" which God has no place for, because God a cannot partake in a lie.

Act 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
Act 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
Act 7:50 Hath not my hand made all these things?
Act 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
Act 7:52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:

and

Act 17:23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.
Act 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
Act 17:25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

still so many religious people worshiping an unknown God.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
not just that but attributing the resultant unsavoury fruits to this claimed inspiration and guidance by the Holy Spirit = this is unforgiveable blasphemy imho - twinc

Luk_5:39 No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.

Teh old wine is what you are drinking religion.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Hmmm?

nice.
The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Luk_5:39 No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.

Teh old wine is what you are drinking religion.
or Law essentially, ya. We are by no means free from the law yet, even in this age of grace. Grace is the new wine that no one wants, at least "straightaway." "Rule of Law" is the current deception here, the sacred cow du jour, because of course "i have rights" right

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I only quoted scripture. Why are you presuming what I believe?
Then, what was the purpose of your post?
The fire of the Holy Spirit is a SPIRITUAL fire - not an actual physical conflagration.

What part of that do I need "help" understanding?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then, what was the purpose of your post?
The fire of the Holy Spirit is a SPIRITUAL fire - not an actual physical conflagration.

What part of that do I need "help" understanding?
I agree that it is spiritual. I was hoping you would understand something from the posted verses other than the established standard. Consider it from the viewpoint of the John the Baptist:

"He must increase, but I must decrease." John 3:30

The help I see that you needing is probably not something you would be willing to accept from me.

Luk 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Reactions: Helen and Pisteuo

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree that it is spiritual. I was hoping you would understand something from the posted verses other than the established standard. Consider it from the viewpoint of the John the Baptist:

"He must increase, but I must decrease." John 3:30

The help I see that you needing is probably not something you would be willing to accept from me.

Luk 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
What exactly is your point here??
You sound as confused and cryptic as bbyrd.

I said that the "fire" spoken of in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit is a SPIRITUAL fire.
YOU responded with, "Hmmmm?", then posted a bunch of verses. You followed up by telling bbyrd that I needed "help" understanding.

Do you disagree with what I posted??
If so - what are you getting at? Try making some sense for a change . . .

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What exactly is your point here??
You sound as confused and cryptic as bbyrd.

I said that the "fire" spoken of in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit is a SPIRITUAL fire.
YOU responded with, "Hmmmm?", then posted a bunch of verses. You followed up by telling bbyrd that I needed "help" understanding.

Do you disagree with what I posted??
If so - what are you getting at? Try making some sense for a change . . .
You really don't want sense, but rather submission to your way of seeing things, which is not God's. Consider Jesus's explanations of his use of parables:

"For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them." Matt 13:12-15