Born of water and Spirit...born AGAIN.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
For those born again, they have to be both born of the world along with being born in God through Jesus Christ and just read John 3:16-17 for proof.
But for those not born again will be dying not just a physical death but one that is eternally separated from Christ.

No, it has nothing to do with the world. Being born again comes from heaven through Rom 10:9. God bless.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Oh come on folks...why is everyone pretending that they don't understand what Nancy is talking about. If my "three year old" was not now 56 , she could have understood. :rolleyes:

John 3:3 "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, ( referring to man being born ONCE) he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
( answer NO)
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."
( speaking of the water of the WORD..faith comes by HEARING..faith does not come by a dipping into natural water)
6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."

But then again...maybe it is me who has misunderstood what Nancy is trying to say.
It wouldn't be the first time. :D

Nancy is adding the world to John 3, it has nothing to do with the world. Being born again comes from heaven.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN:

BEING BORN AGAIN HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING BORN OF THE WORLD OR BORN IN YOUR MOTHERS WOMB. BEING BORN AGAIN COMES FROM HEAVEN, NOT FROM THE WORLD. IT COMES ONLY THROUGH BELIEF IN JESUS CHRIST AND ROM 10:9.

Heb, I am well aware of what being born again from Heaven entails. My point here is, what is the first birth then?

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Heb, I am well aware of what being born again from Heaven entails. My point here is, what is the first birth then?

The first birth is just that (being born in your mothers womb), and it has nothing to do with John 3. The reason why you're confused is because you're mixing it in with John 3. Mixing the world in with heaven.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The opportunity to hear the Lord calling and respond.
Without being born, there is no opportunity...as with the thousands of aborted babies. :(

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you. (1 Pet 1:23-25).

There is not a thing I disagree with in your post Enoch111 I am simply trying to distinguish the FIRST birth from the SECOND/NEW birth (Born Again). To be born again, you had to FIRST be born to begin with. So, what is, in your opinion, the first birth, which precedes the second (Spiritual) birth, becoming Born Again?

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The opportunity to hear the Lord calling and respond.
Without being born, there is no opportunity...as with the thousands of aborted babies. :(

"The opportunity to hear the Lord calling and respond." <--- That is one of my frequent prayers for my lost neighbors and loved ones who do not YET know Jesus...many opportunities!
Many years ago, when I first responded to His call, I had a friend who told only me that she was pregnant. She needed someone to take her, she had nobody else. I took her. It was one of the worst days of my life as I was not strong enough in the Lord to the things I should have while driving her there. Very dark and shameful memory.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The opportunity to hear the Lord calling and respond." <--- That is one of my frequent prayers for my lost neighbors and loved ones who do not YET know Jesus...many opportunities!
Many years ago, when I first responded to His call, I had a friend who told only me that she was pregnant. She needed someone to take her, she had nobody else. I took her. It was one of the worst days of my life as I was not strong enough in the Lord to the things I should have while driving her there. Very dark and shameful memory.
sry bout typos...am having a very long recovery from surgery and have to move around allot in my bed and the positions can make typing awkward and slow!

Reactions: Helen

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The first birth is just that (being born in your mothers womb), and it has nothing to do with John 3. The reason why you're confused is because you're mixing it in with John 3. Mixing the world in with heaven.

Okay, now, I am not the grammmmer, spelling typo kinda gal but, I am confusing John3 with...John 3? Lol...And...what makes you so sure that Jesus was not referring to that first birth when saying you need to be born of water and THEN the Spirit?

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh come on folks...why is everyone pretending that they don't understand what Nancy is talking about. If my "three year old" was not now 56 , she could have understood. :rolleyes:

John 3:3 "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, ( referring to man being born ONCE) he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
( answer NO)
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."
( speaking of the water of the WORD..faith comes by HEARING..faith does not come by a dipping into natural water)
6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."

But then again...maybe it is me who has misunderstood what Nancy is trying to say.
It wouldn't be the first time. :D

No my new friend...you hit the nail on the head on the head! Either since I am new, they are waiting to see how I fit here, or don't Or their just plain thick skulled Ahahahaha!!!

Reactions: Helen

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Okay, now, I am not the grammmmer, spelling typo kinda gal but, I am confusing John3 with...John 3? Lol...And...what makes you so sure that Jesus was not referring to that first birth when saying you need to be born of water and THEN the Spirit?

Because every single person on planet earth is born from their mothers womb, lol. Everybody on planet earth is not born again until they confess and believe, Rom 10:9. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Enoch111

Nov 2, 2016
USA

You even questioning John 3 has me concerned. It makes me think that you're either a babe in Christ or not saved at all. Are you either or?

1 Cor 3:2 I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready.

Heb 5:11-14 We have much to say about this, but it is hard to make it clear to you because you no longer try to understand. 12In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word all over again. You need milk, not solid food! 13Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. 14But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

Heb 6:1 Therefore let us move beyond the elementary teachings about Christ and be taken forward to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God,

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because every single person on planet earth is born from their mothers womb, lol. Everybody on planet earth is not born again until they confess and believe, Rom 10:9. :rolleyes:

"Because every single person on planet earth is born from their mothers womb, lol. "
Exactly...the. first. birth.

" Everybody on planet earth is not born again until they confess and believe"
Exactly...the. second. birth.

Thank you for all the reply's and likes,
I am sorry if I'm ruffling feathers here, not at all my intention. I only wanted to see if anybody ever thought the same as myself here. Doesn't seem too many are getting what I am trying to say anyhow, lol...it isn't even so important in light of the core beliefs of Christianity...I love you all!
I His Name above ALL Names,
-nancy

Reactions: amadeus

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You even questioning John 3 has me concerned. It makes me think that you're either a babe in Christ or not saved at all. Are you either or?

1 Cor 3:2 I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready.

Heb 5:11-14 We have much to say about this, but it is hard to make it clear to you because you no longer try to understand. 12In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word all over again. You need milk, not solid food! 13Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. 14But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

Heb 6:1 Therefore let us move beyond the elementary teachings about Christ and be taken forward to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God,

I was only confused as to why you said I was confusing John3 with-John3.
You can assume anything you like about me. Romans 8:16 is a reality in my relationship with my King Jesus. I only care that God looks to the heart and am so grateful He is who he is. Even Satan, called into question the sonship of Christ himself. Be careful.
God Bless You,
-nancy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is not a thing I disagree with in your post Enoch111 I am simply trying to distinguish the FIRST birth from the SECOND/NEW birth (Born Again). To be born again, you had to FIRST be born to begin with. So, what is, in your opinion, the first birth, which precedes the second (Spiritual) birth, becoming Born Again?
Nancy,
You seem to be missing the point. The Lord made the first birth TOTALLY IRRELEVANT in the same passage. Please meditate upon this verse: That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. (v 6)

There is a very clear contrast stated here. If one would paraphrase this, this is what the Lord said: "The natural birth produces the natural man -- dead in his sins and separated from God and Christ. Therefore the natural birth (flesh is flesh) is TOTALLY IRRELEVANT. Let us focus on the Holy Spirit and the regeneration of the natural man by the power of the Spirit, because the Holy Spirit quickens and brings to life the dead spirit of the natural man."

If you recall, Nicodemus was focusing on the natural human birth, and the Lord had to get his focus on spiritual matters.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
"Because every single person on planet earth is born from their mothers womb, lol. "
Exactly...the. first. birth.

" Everybody on planet earth is not born again until they confess and believe"
Exactly...the. second. birth.

Thank you for all the reply's and likes,
I am sorry if I'm ruffling feathers here, not at all my intention. I only wanted to see if anybody ever thought the same as myself here. Doesn't seem too many are getting what I am trying to say anyhow, lol...it isn't even so important in light of the core beliefs of Christianity...I love you all!
I His Name above ALL Names,
-nancy

Right, but the first birth has nothing to do with the second birth, being "born again". One comes from the world, and one comes from heaven.

I was only confused as to why you said I was confusing John3 with-John3.
You can assume anything you like about me. Romans 8:16 is a reality in my relationship with my King Jesus. I only care that God looks to the heart and am so grateful He is who he is. Even Satan, called into question the sonship of Christ himself. Be careful.
God Bless You,
-nancy

How many years have you been in Christ, it's been 13 yr for me.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right, but the first birth has nothing to do with the second birth, being "born again". One comes from the world, and one comes from heaven.

How many years have you been in Christ, it's been 13 yr for me.

Officially, lol...1993. I did stray for several years but, He never stopped calling me. Praise God!

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you still on the calling side or the chosen, there's a difference. Matt 22:14.

Definitely "chosen"! He never left me...I strayed and was miserable. Finally got on my face and submitted EVERYTHING to Him and have been seeking His face daily since that day. I do not believe I was truly saved back in the 90's. There was a huge roadblock in my life at that time and I simply did not believe His grace was sufficient for me in that respect (not yet comfortable enough on this site to share the sin that so beset me at the time) Bottom line, He brought me to my knees and blessed me with the faith to believe that His grace is indeed sufficient. I may not be the sharpest tack in the box but, I know that my heart is purely set on His will for my life and am growing in many ways...slow but sure.
God Bless!
-nancy

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Definitely "chosen"! He never left me...I strayed and was miserable. Finally got on my face and submitted EVERYTHING to Him and have been seeking His face daily since that day. I do not believe I was truly saved back in the 90's. There was a huge roadblock in my life at that time and I simply did not believe His grace was sufficient for me in that respect (not yet comfortable enough on this site to share the sin that so beset me at the time) Bottom line, He brought me to my knees and blessed me with the faith to believe that His grace is indeed sufficient. I may not be the sharpest tack in the box but, I know that my heart is purely set on His will for my life and am growing in many ways...slow but sure.
God Bless!
-nancy

Do you believe in the finished work of the cross, OSAS and that future sins are paid for?