Born of water

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No sir, not in the habit of promoting a teaching that is not taught in the Bible Jay. I kinda hope you are correct though, but I don't think it is very likely.

Which Bible or should I say which translation bible are you referring too?

Reactions: ChristisGod

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

But that translation is from the perspective of the JW's belief system. As such your post above: -

No sir, not in the habit of promoting a teaching that is not taught in the Bible Jay.

I would suggest, that much of what is taught within JW circles, is not taken from the original Greek texts.

Oh well each to his own poison.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All who receive the gift of eternal life will also receive immortal bodies to reside with Christ forever on the NEW EARTH. Context gives more clarity for both Ps 37:29 and Rev 21:3-4.

Revelation 21:1-4 (KJV) And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Since the earth abideth forever RW Ecc 1:4, what is the new earth? Were you aware the new heavens prophecy has already been fulfilled?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But that translation is from the perspective of the JW's belief system. As such your post above: -

I would suggest, that much of what is taught within JW circles, is not taken from the original Greek texts.

Oh well each to his own poison.
May I ask, are any? We try to be as close to the original as you can get Jay, we strive for accuracy not doctrinal preferences such as in Jn 1:1 where we use a god as well as in Acts 28:6 whereas the other versions that render Jn 1:1 God, render it a god at Acts 28:6 showing they knew how to properly translate, but deliberately capitalized it to support belief in Jesus being God.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since the earth abideth forever RW Ecc 1:4, what is the new earth? Were you aware the new heavens prophecy has already been fulfilled?

If that were true, there would be no more tears, no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying, no more pain, for the former things (these things belonging to this world before all is made new again) are passed away. If you desire to know the truth, separate yourself from JW's cult. As long as you follow the doctrine of JW's you shall never understand the truth that sets one free.

Revelation 21:1-4 (KJV) And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
May I ask, are any? We try to be as close to the original as you can get Jay, we strive for accuracy not doctrinal preferences such as in Jn 1:1 where we use a god as well as in Acts 28:6 whereas the other versions that render Jn 1:1 God, render it a god at Acts 28:6 showing they knew how to properly translate, but deliberately capitalized it to support belief in Jesus being God.

Oh, "they" the JW translators, knew how to properly translate the original languages texts? What a Hoot. Every translation committee consider that they, individually are the only committee that have got the translation of the original language texts.

I am aware of many flawed translation errors which are repeated in all translation versions and because these translations errors are consistently found in all of the translation versions, the claim is made that the flawed translation must be the correct translation.

Take for insistence the considered "forever" possession of the "Promised Land" for example. It was never a forever promise on God's part. The Gen 15:17ff description of the land that they would possess for a long period of time where the vanishing/end point of the period of time in question was beyond the Israelites ability to comprehend or determine or understand when they would be removed from the "Promised Land." The first time the "Promised Land" is described in in Genesis 13:15 when it wrongly states: - "for all the land which you see I give to you and your descendants forever." However, I believe that a closer rendering of this verse would read thus: - "for all the earth which you see, that entity, I will give to your descendants for a long period of time where the end point of that time period, is beyond man’s capacity to comprehend when it will occur in the future."

In the common rendering of this verse above, it is claimed that Abraham was also given the land that he had walked upon and seen, but the second rendering that I prefer does not make that claim but rather only states that the "entity" of that part of the earth that Abraham has walked or seen would be given to his seed/descendants, at some point in time, after him.

Which rendering of Genesis 13:15 does the NWT use?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born of Water John 3

John 3:1-7. Lets look at the context of Jesus interaction with Nicodemus. All human beings have experienced natural birth on earth, if they expect to go to heaven, they must experience a supernatural spiritual birth from above. Nicodemus was a well educated religious leader who did not understand what the Saviour was talking about. Jesus was speaking about a spiritual birth, but Nicodemus thought of a physical birth.

What Lord Jesus said to Nicodemus was so profound that it is still missed by many in the pulpits.

John 3:3-12
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

The word "again" is the Greek word anothen, which means 'born from above' (NT:509). So right there Jesus is indeed pointing to our spirit being born from above (i.e., by The Holy Spirit).

4 Nicodemus saith unto Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?"

Nicodemus is not completely wrong in think that above, because Lord Jesus does point to being born in the sack of water of woman's womb in the next verse. Nicodemus just didn't understand the being born of The Spirit part.

5 Jesus answered, "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be
born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

In the above phrase, Jesus contrasts both births, one in the flesh, and the other by The Holy Spirit. Many interpret the "born of water" to mean water baptism, when being baptized of water only, which was John's baptism, is not the same as being baptized by The Spirit.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

That above is yet another way Lord Jesus is contrasting the idea of our being "born of water" (through woman's womb), vs. being born of The Spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth:
so is every one that is born of the Spirit."

In the above wind analogy, Lord Jesus is only pointing to the Spirit birth to our 'spirit' inside our flesh. In verse 6 He made it plain that the operation of the flesh is one thing, and the operation of The Spirit is totally another. And if one does NOT understand that God created man with both a flesh body, and placed a spirit-soul inside that flesh body, then they will be like Nicodemus and be ignorant of how these things are.

9 Nicodemus answered and said unto Him, "How can these things be?"

10 Jesus answered and said unto him, "Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen;
and ye receive not our witness.
12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?"
KJV

How did those like Nicodemus, who was a Pharisee, not receive "our witness", which has to mean Christ's Witness in His Word? What's that about?

Much of this was hinted at in The Old Testament Books also. The Ecclesiastes 12:5-7 Scripture especially was a witness about the different operations between our flesh and our spirit.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born of Water John 3

John 3:1-7. Lets look at the context of Jesus interaction with Nicodemus. All human beings have experienced natural birth on earth, if they expect to go to heaven, they must experience a supernatural spiritual birth from above. Nicodemus was a well educated religious leader who did not understand what the Saviour was talking about. Jesus was speaking about a spiritual birth, but Nicodemus thought of a physical birth.

The situation is no different today When you talk with people about being born again, they often begin to discuss their family's religious heritage, their church membership, religious ceremonies like baptism etc....Jesus being a patient teacher picked up on Nicodemus' words and further explained the new birth. To be "born of water" is to be born physically ("enter a second time into his mother's womb") but to be born again means to be born of the Spirit. Just as there are two parents for physical birth, so there are two for spiritual birth: the Spirit of God (John 3:5) and the Word of God (James 1:18; 1 Peter 1:23-25). The Spirit of God takes the Word of God and, when the sinner believes, imparts the life of God.Jesus was not teaching that the new birth comes through water baptism. In the NT baptism is connected with death, not birth and no amount of physical water can cause a spiritual change in a person.

The emphasis in John 3:14-21 is on believing, because salvation comes through faith. John 1:12-13 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

hope this helps !!!
Being born again is ... being resurrected from the dead!

Joh 3:6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

1Pe 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. HOW...
Col 1:18 He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.

Gal 6:15 For neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation.

Jesus is the first man to be born again... the first born from the dead...the beginning of a new creation.... At His return..... you will be born again... not just in prospect like today...

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that were true, there would be no more tears, no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying, no more pain, for the former things (these things belonging to this world before all is made new again) are passed away. If you desire to know the truth, separate yourself from JW's cult. As long as you follow the doctrine of JW's you shall never understand the truth that sets one free.

As you fully recognize, the tears, death, sorrow, pain are earthly things RW, not heavenly since the Bible does not contradict itself, let me ask you once more, what is the new earth that is coming? Would you like to know sir?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, "they" the JW translators, knew how to properly translate the original languages texts? What a Hoot. Every translation committee consider that they, individually are the only committee that have got the translation of the original language texts.

I am aware of many flawed translation errors which are repeated in all translation versions and because these translations errors are consistently found in all of the translation versions, the claim is made that the flawed translation must be the correct translation.

Take for insistence the considered "forever" possession of the "Promised Land" for example. It was never a forever promise on God's part. The Gen 15:17ff description of the land that they would possess for a long period of time where the vanishing/end point of the period of time in question was beyond the Israelites ability to comprehend or determine or understand when they would be removed from the "Promised Land." The first time the "Promised Land" is described in in Genesis 13:15 when it wrongly states: - "for all the land which you see I give to you and your descendants forever." However, I believe that a closer rendering of this verse would read thus: - "for all the earth which you see, that entity, I will give to your descendants for a long period of time where the end point of that time period, is beyond man’s capacity to comprehend when it will occur in the future."

In the common rendering of this verse above, it is claimed that Abraham was also given the land that he had walked upon and seen, but the second rendering that I prefer does not make that claim but rather only states that the "entity" of that part of the earth that Abraham has walked or seen would be given to his seed/descendants, at some point in time, after him.

Which rendering of Genesis 13:15 does the NWT use?
(Genesis 13:14, 15) . . ., 15 because all the land that you see, I will give to you and your offspring as a lasting possession.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being born again is ... being resurrected from the dead!

Joh 3:6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

1Pe 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. HOW...
Col 1:18 He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.

Gal 6:15 For neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation.

Jesus is the first man to be born again... the first born from the dead...the beginning of a new creation.... At His return..... you will be born again... not just in prospect like today...

Amen! When Christ returns all who have been born again by having partaken of the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead in this life, will be bodily resurrected immortal and incorruptible, once again complete living soul possessing both eternal spirit and immortal body, and fit to live with Christ forever on the new earth that shall be when this first heaven and earth has passed away.

Reactions: Pierac

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you fully recognize, the tears, death, sorrow, pain are earthly things RW, not heavenly since the Bible does not contradict itself, let me ask you once more, what is the new earth that is coming? Would you like to know sir?

It's the earth that shall be as John describes after God makes all things new. IOW after the spiritual Kingdom of God is complete, then Christ will return and all of His people will physically inhabit a new earth and the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. Believers are now spiritually that holy city in heaven, and when Christ returns again, we shall be physically upon the new earth with Him throughout eternity, or without end!

Revelation 21:1-8 (KJV) And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

When we have been born again, we have spiritually entered into the city of the living God, heavenly Jerusalem, the Chruch of the firstborn (Christ) and to the spirits of just men made perfect, and to Jesus the mediator of the New Covenant through His blood.

Hebrews 12:22-24 (KJV) But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born of Water John 3

Born of Water... to me we have to not neglect there are two waters spoken of in the Word.
From John 4: 13-14
there is the water where one drinks of this water and shall thirst again. To me it is pretty obvious he spoke to the woman by the well of literal water from a literal well, where he sat speaking to her.
BUT he tells her of another water where one drinks of what is given and shall never thirst again. Instead, the "water' which I (Christ) give unto you shall be a well of water springing up into Life. Is baptism, baptized by Living water? A well of water springing up? Must one drink of the Living Water Christ gives; to have (receive)this Living water springing up into Life? It seems that is what he told the woman coming to draw from the well water that when one drinks, they will surely thirst again. Same as he told Nicodemus. "you must be born ANew" "washed." and cleansed by the Living Water of God.

Even where Jesus instructed them how to pray, asks for this: hallowed be Your Name (to make holy, to consecrate, sanctify Your name, God.) it isn't the water which one drinks of and thirst again that "consecrate, to make holy, to sanctify His Name), but instead the Living Water that God gives ... "that God gives" same as He told Nicodemus "born Anew" from above ...not of men but of God. Same as the well...not of the well of men, but out of the Well of God comes Living Water.

Jesus was not teaching that the new birth comes through water baptism.

Is that true? Just because literal water is preached as what makes one clean...
Does that automatically mean "Jesus was not teaching that the new birth comes through water baptism."??
"If you would have asked of me then I would give unto you Living Water"...and this "Living Water" which Christ gives does "supply" what Jesus said to pray for in His instruction of what to pray...
The whole list is there for us to see what the "Living Water" He gives "supplies": diligence,
in faith supply moral excellence,
and in moral excellence, knowledge,
and in knowledge, self-control,
and in self- control, perseverance,
and in perseverance, godliness,
and in godliness, brotherly kindness,
and in brotherly kindness, love.
His even saying it...if these qualities be in you and increasing, a well of Living Water, these qualities out from the well of Life ...they do not leave you thirsty...not useless or unfruitful...but fruitful. By these qualities of the Living Water, He gives ...waters His garden so His name be "washed" "bathed" "sprinkled" "submerged" in diligence, faith, moral excellence, knowledge (of Christ), self-control, perseverance, godliness, brotherly kindness, Love...because these are His qualities, these are His Divine Nature ...to say God never said there has to be any partaking of His Nature, any drinking of the Living water where one never thirst again, never spoke of water regarding New Birth: "come you who thirst, and drink(in the final words of Revelation) (come you who thirst, and drink...taste of "His qualities" “Born New” listed above and see "taste" God that is good), is to deny the cry of "Come, Drink" ...Drink of the Living Water. Did Jesus ever teach you must drink of the Living Water to be born Anew...I think so. Did He ever teach of Water regarding Life and New Birth? What did He tell the woman by the well?

In the NT baptism is connected with death, not birth and no amount of physical water can cause a spiritual change in a person.

What about the Living Water that He gives to Drink? connected to "springing up unto Life" it will supply gushing forth, wells of Living water they will be...who? those "born Anew"? of that Water which comes forth of God?

The emphasis in John 3:14-21 is on believing, because salvation comes through faith. John 1:12-13 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.
but of God.
Who gives Living Water for thirst?
In calling it by name “Living Water” to me accentuates “Alive unto God” …which connects to New Life given of God …doesn’t it? Born out from and of “His Divine Nature” …again the Word shows what His Diving Nature increases unto Himself. Saying “if that’s qualities be increasing” they will “supply” that you go not thirsty nor hungry nor naked ..clothed in Him.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born of Water... to me we have to not neglect there are two waters spoken of in the Word.
From John 4: 13-14
there is the water where one drinks of this water and shall thirst again. To me it is pretty obvious he spoke to the woman by the well of literal water from a literal well, where he sat speaking to her.
BUT he tells her of another water where one drinks of what is given and shall never thirst again. Instead, the "water' which I (Christ) give unto you shall be a well of water springing up into Life. Is baptism, baptized by Living water? A well of water springing up? Must one drink of the Living Water Christ gives; to have (receive)this Living water springing up into Life? It seems that is what he told the woman coming to draw from the well water that when one drinks, they will surely thirst again. Same as he told Nicodemus. "you must be born ANew" "washed." and cleansed by the Living Water of God.

Even where Jesus instructed them how to pray, asks for this: hallowed be Your Name (to make holy, to consecrate, sanctify Your name, God.) it isn't the water which one drinks of and thirst again that "consecrate, to make holy, to sanctify His Name), but instead the Living Water that God gives ... "that God gives" same as He told Nicodemus "born Anew" from above ...not of men but of God. Same as the well...not of the well of men, but out of the Well of God comes Living Water.

Is that true? Just because literal water is preached as what makes one clean...
Does that automatically mean "Jesus was not teaching that the new birth comes through water baptism."??
"If you would have asked of me then I would give unto you Living Water"...and this "Living Water" which Christ gives does "supply" what Jesus said to pray for in His instruction of what to pray...
The whole list is there for us to see what the "Living Water" He gives "supplies": diligence,
in faith supply moral excellence,
and in moral excellence, knowledge,
and in knowledge, self-control,
and in self- control, perseverance,
and in perseverance, godliness,
and in godliness, brotherly kindness,
and in brotherly kindness, love.
His even saying it...if these qualities be in you and increasing, a well of Living Water, these qualities out from the well of Life ...they do not leave you thirsty...not useless or unfruitful...but fruitful. By these qualities of the Living Water, He gives ...waters His garden so His name be "washed" "bathed" "sprinkled" "submerged" in diligence, faith, moral excellence, knowledge (of Christ), self-control, perseverance, godliness, brotherly kindness, Love...because these are His qualities, these are His Divine Nature ...to say God never said there has to be any partaking of His Nature, any drinking of the Living water where one never thirst again, never spoke of water regarding New Birth: "come you who thirst, and drink(in the final words of Revelation) (come you who thirst, and drink...taste of "His qualities" “Born New” listed above and see "taste" God that is good), is to deny the cry of "Come, Drink" ...Drink of the Living Water. Did Jesus ever teach you must drink of the Living Water to be born Anew...I think so. Did He ever teach of Water regarding Life and New Birth? What did He tell the woman by the well?

What about the Living Water that He gives to Drink? connected to "springing up unto Life" it will supply gushing forth, wells of Living water they will be...who? those "born Anew"? of that Water which comes forth of God?

but of God.
Who gives Living Water for thirst?
In calling it by name “Living Water” to me accentuates “Alive unto God” …which connects to New Life given of God …doesn’t it? Born out from and of “His Divine Nature” …again the Word shows what His Diving Nature increases unto Himself. Saying “if that’s qualities be increasing” they will “supply” that you go not thirsty nor hungry nor naked ..clothed in Him.
Good news is: Your Father knows what you need (to be made partakers of His Divine Nature) before you ask of Him.

Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought to love one another. We love Him, because He first Loved us. (Knowing what you need before you ask of Him. He first loved us.)

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
(Genesis 13:14, 15) . . ., 15 because all the land that you see, I will give to you and your offspring as a lasting possession.
Yea, "You too Brutus" as he took a knife to Ceasar. My apologies to Shakespeare, but I think you get the picture. You are teaching what is not in the scriptures. Such irony on your part when you claim that you only teach what is in the scriptures.

PS: - The NWT is not the only translation with errors. Many in their rebuttals of other's posts argue from the perspective of their flawed translations.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's the earth that shall be as John describes after God makes all things new. IOW after the spiritual Kingdom of God is complete, then Christ will return and all of His people will physically inhabit a new earth and the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. Believers are now spiritually that holy city in heaven, and when Christ returns again, we shall be physically upon the new earth with Him throughout eternity, or without end!

Revelation 21:1-8 (KJV) And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

When we have been born again, we have spiritually entered into the city of the living God, heavenly Jerusalem, the Chruch of the firstborn (Christ) and to the spirits of just men made perfect, and to Jesus the mediator of the New Covenant through His blood.

Hebrews 12:22-24 (KJV) But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
No sir, we disagree. If you would like to know our understanding of what it is I would be glad to tell you.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yea, "You too Brutus" as he took a knife to Ceasar. My apologies to Shakespeare, but I think you get the picture. You are teaching what is not in the scriptures. Such irony on your part when you claim that you only teach what is in the scriptures.

PS: - The NWT is not the only translation with errors. Many in their rebuttals of other's posts argue from the perspective of their flawed translations.
All translations have errors sir, if you believe we are teaching something in error, then state it and I will give you the reason why we believe the way we do sir.