Born of water

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No sir, we disagree. If you would like to know our understanding of what it is I would be glad to tell you.

I desire truth, of which I've given you, and you say "we disagree"! I have no desire to hear how JW's twist and manipulate the Scripture. Without the Spirit in you, you cannot have proper understanding of Scripture. And you have not the Spirit since you deny Almighty God alone saves man, and we call Him Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being born again is ... being resurrected from the dead!

Joh 3:6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

1Pe 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. HOW...
Col 1:18 He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.

Gal 6:15 For neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation.

Jesus is the first man to be born again... the first born from the dead...the beginning of a new creation.... At His return..... you will be born again... not just in prospect like today...

That idea of being 'born again' IS NOT THE RESURRECTION EVENT AT THE END OF THIS WORLD WHEN JESUS COMES.

What Jesus was pointing to in John 3 was our 'spirit' INSIDE OUR FLESH being born again of by The Spirit while we are STILL ALIVE IN THE FLESH walking upon this earth!

So why do you keep confusing the Bible Scriptures when you well know they are NOT saying your false traditions of men???

Reactions: ChristisGod

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born of Water John 3

John 3:1-7. Lets look at the context of Jesus interaction with Nicodemus. All human beings have experienced natural birth on earth, if they expect to go to heaven, they must experience a supernatural spiritual birth from above. Nicodemus was a well educated religious leader who did not understand what the Saviour was talking about. Jesus was speaking about a spiritual birth, but Nicodemus thought of a physical birth.

The situation is no different today When you talk with people about being born again, they often begin to discuss their family's religious heritage, their church membership, religious ceremonies like baptism etc....Jesus being a patient teacher picked up on Nicodemus' words and further explained the new birth. To be "born of water" is to be born physically ("enter a second time into his mother's womb") but to be born again means to be born of the Spirit. Just as there are two parents for physical birth, so there are two for spiritual birth: the Spirit of God (John 3:5) and the Word of God (James 1:18; 1 Peter 1:23-25). The Spirit of God takes the Word of God and, when the sinner believes, imparts the life of God.Jesus was not teaching that the new birth comes through water baptism. In the NT baptism is connected with death, not birth and no amount of physical water can cause a spiritual change in a person.

The emphasis in John 3:14-21 is on believing, because salvation comes through faith. John 1:12-13 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

hope this helps !!!
If you believe and have faith, you'll obey. Water baptism IS what Jesus was referring to and part of your obedience requires being baptized into the body of Christ. No other scriptural way to become part of the body of Christ other than via baptism.

Mark 16:15-16

15And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Reactions: Godslittleservant

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That idea of being 'born again' IS NOT THE RESURRECTION EVENT AT THE END OF THIS WORLD WHEN JESUS COMES.

What Jesus was pointing to in John 3 was our 'spirit' INSIDE OUR FLESH being born again of by The Spirit while we are STILL ALIVE IN THE FLESH walking upon this earth!

So why do you keep confusing the Bible Scriptures when you well know they are NOT saying your false traditions of men???
Col 1:18 He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.

Note will come to have.... note this verse was written many many years after many Chritians were killed...some by Paul himself...

Born again....
1Co 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown a perishable body, it is raised an imperishable (born again) body;

2Ti 2:18 men (Davy) who have gone astray from the truth saying that the resurrection has already taken place, and they upset the faith of some.

It is you whom teach the traditions of men as proof given by Paul in 2Ti 2:18

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Note will come to have.... note this verse was written many many years after many Chritians were killed...some by Paul himself...

Born again....
1Co 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown a perishable body, it is raised an imperishable (born again) body;

2Ti 2:18 men (Davy) who have gone astray from the truth saying that the resurrection has already taken place, and they upset the faith of some.

It is you whom teach the traditions of men as proof given by Paul in 2Ti 2:18
If you'd pull out a KJV Bible and quit relying on those modern corrupt Bible versions based on the Alexandrian manuscripts, then you 'might'... learn something.

Col 1:16-20
16 For by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him, and for Him:
17 And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist.
And He is the head of the body, the church: Who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things He might have the preeminence.
19 For it pleased the Father that in Him should all fulness dwell;
20 And, having made peace through the blood of His cross, by Him to reconcile all things unto Himself; by Him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
KJV

There ain't... no such idea there that you're thinking, that Lord Jesus has to 'become' something. HE ALREADY IS, AND ALWAYS WAS, AND ALWAYS HAS HAD "preeminence".

The wording Apostle Paul is using there is simply Paul pointing to how Jesus of Nazareth is GOD The Son, and has ALWAYS been part of The GODHEAD, everlasting (Hebrews 13:8). So naturally... Jesus is the first in all things, even as the firstfruits of those who slept (1 Corinthians 15:20-23).

And furthermore, YOU LIAR FALSE JEW, I have NEVER said that the resurrection is already past!!!

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you'd pull out a KJV Bible and quit relying on those modern corrupt Bible versions based on the Alexandrian manuscripts, then you 'might'... learn something.

Col 1:16-20
16 For by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him, and for Him:
17 And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist.
And He is the head of the body, the church: Who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things He might have the preeminence.
19 For it pleased the Father that in Him should all fulness dwell;
20 And, having made peace through the blood of His cross, by Him to reconcile all things unto Himself; by Him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
KJV

There ain't... no such idea there that you're thinking, that Lord Jesus has to 'become' something. HE ALREADY IS, AND ALWAYS WAS, AND ALWAYS HAS HAD "preeminence".

The wording Apostle Paul is using there is simply Paul pointing to how Jesus of Nazareth is GOD The Son, and has ALWAYS been part of The GODHEAD, everlasting (Hebrews 13:8). So naturally... Jesus is the first in all things, even as the firstfruits of those who slept (1 Corinthians 15:20-23).

And furthermore, YOU LIAR FALSE JEW, I have NEVER said that the resurrection is already past!!!
Liar false Jew.... Now that's a new one... Given I'm Italian and was raised Catholic.... LOL

So your saying the KJV (1611) that was created from only 5 manuscripts in the 1500's ... and did not even have all the scriptures.... so that they were forced to use the latin vulgate to fill in the gaps ... And this just happens to magicaly be all truth.... What a dip sh!p

Study harder....
dip

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your not studing.... I only here Biblical Crickets...

Do your Biblical math...
Paul

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being born of water can be seen as both spiritual and physicle. It is the place of rest. Number 7. Generally speaking it is a spiritual place of enlightenment achievable in the physicle flesh. 777
I believe to be born of water is the physical aspec of our birth.

Nicodemus was looking for a physical kingdom. Jesus was differentiating the physical from the spiritual

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What Lord Jesus said to Nicodemus was so profound that it is still missed by many in the pulpits.

John 3:3-12
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

The word "again" is the Greek word anothen, which means 'born from above' (NT:509). So right there Jesus is indeed pointing to our spirit being born from above (i.e., by The Holy Spirit).

4 Nicodemus saith unto Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?"

Nicodemus is not completely wrong in think that above, because Lord Jesus does point to being born in the sack of water of woman's womb in the next verse. Nicodemus just didn't understand the being born of The Spirit part.

5 Jesus answered, "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

In the above phrase, Jesus contrasts both births, one in the flesh, and the other by The Holy Spirit. Many interpret the "born of water" to mean water baptism, when being baptized of water only, which was John's baptism, is not the same as being baptized by The Spirit.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

That above is yet another way Lord Jesus is contrasting the idea of our being "born of water" (through woman's womb), vs. being born of The Spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth:
so is every one that is born of the Spirit."

In the above wind analogy, Lord Jesus is only pointing to the Spirit birth to our 'spirit' inside our flesh. In verse 6 He made it plain that the operation of the flesh is one thing, and the operation of The Spirit is totally another. And if one does NOT understand that God created man with both a flesh body, and placed a spirit-soul inside that flesh body, then they will be like Nicodemus and be ignorant of how these things are.

9 Nicodemus answered and said unto Him, "How can these things be?"

10 Jesus answered and said unto him, "Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen;
and ye receive not our witness.
12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?"
KJV

How did those like Nicodemus, who was a Pharisee, not receive "our witness", which has to mean Christ's Witness in His Word? What's that about?

Much of this was hinted at in The Old Testament Books also. The Ecclesiastes 12:5-7 Scripture especially was a witness about the different operations between our flesh and our spirit.
If nicodemus thought Jesus said born from above, he would not have answered the way he did.

He responded by asking how one can be born again

while born from above is a possible defenition, it is not the only one.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am so so saddened by the lack of knowledge in this thread..... I wanna puke.

Water is a symbolic reference to LAW. As in the Law of Moses.

The anthropology of Israel answers the question....so does the note on the passages in EVERY newer translation....because Tyndale (actually Erasmus or the other one) got it wrong.

And yet there hasn't been a poster yet that understands one bit of scripture. **sigh**

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If nicodemus thought Jesus said born from above, he would not have answered the way he did.

He responded by asking how one can be born again

while born from above is a possible defenition, it is not the only one.
Yes he would have IF YOU UNDERSTOOD THE ANTHROPOLOGY OF WHAT JESUS WAS SAYING.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe to be born of water is the physical aspec of our birth.

Nicodemus was looking for a physical kingdom. Jesus was differentiating the physical from the spiritual
Jesus is the first born from the dead.... The beginning of a new creation.... note... NEW!!!

Joh 20:9 For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead.

Act 13:30 But God raised him from the dead:

Act 17:3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam (Jesus) was made a quickening spirit.

Pay attention....

1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Jesus is the First born from the dead.... The beginning of a new creation that is in prospect!!!! When Jesus returns... The new creation will begin.... in fulfillment of Biblical prophesy !!!

Paul