Born Sinful

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Is that impossible with God?

Blessings,
brian

Not impossible but he doesn't work that way.
Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many.

And yes its found in Ezekiel as well as Isaiah 14:12-13 I might add it says he said, in his heart.
Eze 28 no where indicates that God put the thought in him as you said above.
You do realize it starts with, "Because your heart is proud"- don't you?
We aren't told the why. Fact is nobody knows for sure but we can use the brains God gave us and the clues from the garden to make educated guesses.

How was Satan's heart made prideful? Be specific.

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
You do realize it starts with, "Because your heart is proud"- don't you?
We aren't told the why. Fact is nobody knows for sure but we can use the brains God gave us and the clues from the garden to make educated guesses.

You do realize that pride is not Gods attribute don't you. It comes from mans own or Satin own heart.
Fact is you ignore what is written to bolster your own opinion "use the brains God gave us " your opinion comes from your brain not Gods Spirit savvy

I'm having a hard time finding where God makes men proud, perhaps you should quit digging your hole deeper.

James 4:6 .....God opposes the proud
1 Peter 5:5
Proverbs 15:25
Luke 1:51 is quoting Dan 4:37
Romans 11:20 .......do not become proud

2 Tim 3:2

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Answer the question. Or is this yet another one that bud has an opinion on but has no reason for believing it?

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
I give up you tell me

Lets keep this in perspective instead of trying to implicate this is my error, the answer to your question is yours it is your ticket out of the hole you dug, and you expect me to find it for you?

in post #13 you said; Satan, a created being, had to have put in his mind the thought of sin by GOD- AND
And I don't know how you can get around the fact that Satan, a created being, had to have put in his mind the thought of sin by GOD- it could come from nowhere else- and thus starts the chain reaction down to Adam and Eve. Maybe they had "free will" to choose sin, but most people ignore the fact this also means they would have had just as much free will to oppose Satan but they didn't. The only logical conclusion is it was designed to happen exactly like it happened.
So the facts are... Sin has always been a part of God's plan. And I trust that however he exactly orchestrated it to happen it will lead to his ultimate glory, and good.
I also don't believe he forces us to sin.

To which I replied in post #14

Maybe you can elaborate on the under lined statements. And then I'll show you the verses where it says Satin conceived in his heart. OK

You confirmed your statement in post #15
As usual you offer nothing to the discussion- no new thought- just trying to defame me. Whatever.

Regardless I'm fully aware of what Ez 28 says. He was prideful in his heart. Where'd this sense of pride come from and how did he ever know what it was?

The situation in heaven would have been similar to eden, we imagine.
God and his commands. There was no reason for Adam and Eve to ever think of anything but that which they knew (God and his commands)- until Satan told them.
The problem is, in heaven with Satan- the same applies. There's no reason for Satan or the other angles to think of anything but that which they knew (God and his commands)- so the logical problem is: Where did Satan's pride problem come from? There wasn't a force other than God that would have given it to him.

And my reply in post # 18
I see you are still insisting on blaming God for Satin fall. He satin would be pleased with your defense.
And yes its found in Ezekiel as well as Isaiah 14:12-13 I might add it says he said, in his heart.
Eze 28 no where indicates that God put the thought in him as you said above.

As you can see I disagree with your assertion that God caused Satin to sin and I also disagree that God made him proud.
So please don't now imply that my not providing you with evidence, to make your case is proof in yours. :blink:

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Answer the question. Or is this yet another one that bud has an opinion on but has no reason for believing it?

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
[font="tahoma][size="2"][font="tahoma]Answer the question. Or is this yet another one that bud has an opinion on but has no reason for believing it?

[color="#5d5d5d"][font="tahoma][size="2"]How was Satan's heart made prideful? Be specific.[/size][/font]
[/font]
[/size][/font][/color]

Count them there are 5 i wills ------- and not a single God caused me to.

The Fall of Lucifer
[sup]12[/sup] “ How you are fallen from heaven,
O Lucifer,[sup][b][/sup] son of the morning!
How you are cut down to the ground,
You who weakened the nations!
[sup]13[/sup] For you have said in your heart:

I will ascend into heaven,
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God;
I will also sit on the mount of the congregation
On the farthest sides of the north;
[sup]14[/sup] I will ascend above the heights of the clouds,
I will be like the Most High.’
[sup]15[/sup] Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol,
To the lowest depths of the Pit.

ahigherway

Jun 17, 2010
Not impossible but he doesn't work that way.
[font="Arial][size="4"]Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many.
[/size][/font]

Hi TexUs,

If it's not impossible, and God is Love, and Love is greater than faith and hope, and if Love does no evil to his neighbor, then we can rest assured that God's Word will not return unto Him void.

Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord. And no one can call Jesus "Lord" but by the Holy Ghost. Everyone will have the Holy Ghost!

Tell me, what do you have, that you have not been given?

Friend, I tell you now, there is going to be a R-E-V-I-V-A-L that you have never seen before! And we'll ALL be there! I just know it!

Destruction is easy, yes: when we think we are doing something to please God! We are saved by grace, justified by His Son, and He quickens whom He will.

Do you believe that He loves the world? Do you?

Blessings,
brian

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Here's your problem Brian,
What you state directly contradicts posted scripture (And you and I both know, I could post a ton more). The thing is: The Bible cannot contradict itself. So either the passage doesn't really mean a road leads to destruction (I'm not sure how you could explain that away)- or your belief is wrong and you must reform it.

As far as the explanation to "every knee"... I suggest you look at Revelation 6 when the 6th seal is opened.
Then the kings of the earth and the great ones and the generals and the rich and the powerful, and everyone, slave and free, hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains, calling to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who is seated on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb, for the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?”
What does this tell us? Well, it tells us that the people receiving God's judgement KNEW and PROCLAIMED who it was that was sending the wrath to them.
You note they:
1) Called him the Lamb-> Acknowledgement of who it is
2) Who is seated on the throne-> Acknowledgement of his status and power
3) The day of their wrath-> They knew why it was happening.

And yet- THEY DON'T REPENT! They know the why, they know the who- and THEY DON'T REPENT.

This is why your assertion that the Holy Spirit is needed to confess who the Lord is is wrong.

Let's look at another example.

When Jesus had stepped out on land, there met him a man from the city who had demons. For a long time he had worn no clothes, and he had not lived in a house but among the tombs. When he saw Jesus, he cried out and fell down before him and said with a loud voice, “What have you to do with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg you, do not torment me.” For he had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man.
1) The demon knows exactly who it is (Jesus)
2) The demon knows his powers (Son of God)
3) The demon knows what can be done to him ("do not torment me")

And yet, the demon is able to know the who, what, and why: without the Holy Spirit.

Now all this does is show you your error. What's the truth?
Well, obviously, that confession of who God is isn't evidence of who you are, it's simply acknowledgement of who He is. On the day of wrath everyone will know who God is. It's just, will you know that as one redeemed or as one about to get your ass handed to you?

Additionally your Philippians 2 verse (every knee) doesn't actually refer to a particular point in the future. All it says is, "At the name of Jesus". When could this be? Well, it's active, it's now and forever.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Is that impossible with God?
Actually it is impossible, now. His Word says that the majority will be lost forever. He cannot lie.

Mt 7 Narrow is the way that leads to life and FEW there be that find it.

Hebrews 6:18 (NKJV)
[sup]18 [/sup]that by two immutable things, in which IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR GOD TO LIE, we might have strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold of the hope set before us.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
LOL, funny story.
I wonder how he read the story of Eve eating the apple first? LOL.

I don't think he got that far along in the text.

Would that be a sin of omission?

Let's look at another example.

When Jesus had stepped out on land, there met him a man from the city who had demons. For a long time he had worn no clothes, and he had not lived in a house but among the tombs. When he saw Jesus, he cried out and fell down before him and said with a loud voice, “What have you to do with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg you, do not torment me.” For he had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man.
1) The demon knows exactly who it is (Jesus)
2) The demon knows his powers (Son of God)
3) The demon knows what can be done to him ("do not torment me")

And yet, the demon is able to know the who, what, and why: without the Holy Spirit.

Re: Mark 5 and the Gerasene incident.

The unfortunate man had an unclean spirit, not a demon. (Translations in RV, ASV & KJ versions)
Big difference. These are two different entities.
Demons do not recognize or admit to Jesus being the Son of the Most High God or that He has come in the flesh.
Unclean spirits do, as in the text quoted here.

(Did I open a bag of worms? oops)

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Re: Mark 5 and the Gerasene incident.

The unfortunate man had an unclean spirit, not a demon. (Translations in RV, ASV & KJ versions)
Big difference. These are two different entities.
Demons do not recognize or admit to Jesus being the Son of the Most High God or that He has come in the flesh.
Unclean spirits do, as in the text quoted here.

(Did I open a bag of worms? oops)
I think you'd have to prove that demons aren't spirits in order for this to have merit.

I think the Bible is pretty clear demons are fallen angels (spirits).

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
Hello jsbean,

What does everybody believe? I hear most people say we are born sinful... is that what you believe too?

Born into the sin of Adam the fallen flesh. But the sin is completely our own once we commit it.

faithful