• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I noted the thread, "Ready To Go Folks ~ Creative Writing Buffs Wanted"
had 446 views in 3 years but nobody replied to Angelina's thread. Could it be the breadth of creative writing was not defined.

Most of my creative writing is in narrative form on my homepage, "Truth Challenge."

Yesterday I submitted my first book to Wipf and Stock, How to Ruin Your Education and TV Viewing: Five Easy Lessons. It deals with historical Jesus' scholar, John Dominic Crossan's, promotion of postmodern deconstruction of the biblical text. He engages in free play by which he can make a text say what he wants, e.g. Jesus' resurrection was an apparition. Mark invented parts of the biblical text. There was no Virgin Birth and God cannot perform miracles. I have based the book on parts of my PhD thesis.

Over dinner tonight, why don't you try creative free play with Columbus's voyages to the Americas, Captain James Cook's discovery of Australia, the 9/11 terrorist attacks, Hitler and the Nazi's slaughter of 6 million people in World War 2, and the terrorism in Afghanistan.

I find creative writing has a breadth of understanding the types of writing such as narrative, poetry, and other creative engagement.

Oz

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I noted the thread, "Ready To Go Folks ~ Creative Writing Buffs Wanted"
had 446 views in 3 years but nobody replied to Angelina's thread. Could it be the breadth of creative writing was not defined.

Most of my creative writing is in narrative form on my homepage, "Truth Challenge."

Yesterday I submitted my first book to Wipf and Stock, How to Ruin Your Education and TV Viewing: Five Easy Lessons. It deals with historical Jesus' scholar, John Dominic Crossan's, promotion of postmodern deconstruction of the biblical text. He engages in free play by which he can make a text say what he wants, e.g. Jesus' resurrection was an apparition. Mark invented parts of the biblical text. There was no Virgin Birth and God cannot perform miracles. I have based the book on parts of my PhD thesis.

Over dinner tonight, why don't you try creative free play with Columbus's voyages to the Americas, Captain James Cook's discovery of Australia, the 9/11 terrorist attacks, Hitler and the Nazi's slaughter of 6 million people in World War 2, and the terrorism in Afghanistan.

I find creative writing has a breadth of understanding the types of writing such as narrative, poetry, and other creative engagement.

Oz

Do many of you publish your writing? Currently many of my publications are published by Online Opinion.

Which publishers have you found to be most helpful in pursuing publication for you?

Oz

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do many of you publish your writing? Currently many of my publications are published by Online Opinion.

Which publishers have you found to be most helpful in pursuing publication for you?

Oz

What's your opinion on print publication, Oz? You don't think it's worth the time or money? Just curious.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What's your opinion on print publication, Oz? You don't think it's worth the time or money? Just curious.

HiH,

Even though my new book is published by Wipf and Stock and is available in print and Kindle, I'm of the view that the days of print publishing are almost over. Amazon formerly had a publishing arm for small runs of numbers of books (called CreateSpace) but it is now Kindle Direct Publishing. Frankly, the days of book publishing are close to over as eBooks/Kindle have replaced the book.

Breakfast is calling.

Oz

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HiH,

Even though my new book is published by Wipf and Stock and is available in print and Kindle, I'm of the view that the days of print publishing are almost over. Amazon formerly had a publishing arm for small runs of numbers of books (called CreateSpace) but it is now Kindle Direct Publishing. Frankly, the days of book publishing are close to over as eBooks/Kindle have replaced the book.

Breakfast is calling.

Oz

You could be write about that, and thanks for sharing. I've considered writing a few books, but I'm now wondering what format I will be using when the time comes.

Btw, I just ate breakfast for lunch, as it's now 3 PM. Breakfast is good any time of the day : )

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

HiH,

Since I live in aged care, I asked your question of the 2 women sitting at the breakfast table with me. One doesn't read much while the other reads quite a few books - mainly mysteries or love stories. The latter woman would be sorry to see books disappear. While she is competent with a computer, she has had a stroke so is semi-mobile.

My next book will be in Kindle only or eBook only and will be between 100-150 pages long.

Some cafes here, including McDonalds, offer all-day breakfasts.

Oz

Last edited:
Reactions: Hidden In Him

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I will be sad to see the day come, when i can't go into a Library or a Bookstore, as these have always felt like home to me.....even since i was a little boy.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I will be sad to see the day come, when i can't go into a Library or a Bookstore, as these have always felt like home to me.....even since i was a little boy.

Behold,

Yes, it will be a sad day but it's a happy day when I can sit here and touch type to you. When I was working on my master's degree, I'd write all my papers in long hand and my wife would type them in the Turabian format that was required by the seminary. She told me she was tired of coming to the end of a page and didn't have enough space for the final footnote and she'd have to type it all over again -- making the adjustment. I took one of her touch-typing courses and it was one of the best courses I ever took -- and all for free.

I've written hundreds of thousands of words since then and all because of the touch-typing course. It enabled me to write 460 pages of research in a PhD dissertation.

One of the biggest handicaps I've now encountered with publishing books is the cost. My current book will cost me about US$5,000.00 out of my pocket. I can't do it again. Therefore, I'm seeking publishing venues that accept my articles. If they are rejected, they go straight to my homepage. I've recently written one on "What is heresy?" based on one of the threads on this forum.

Oz