Breaking Barriers with Words

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I grew up watching my mom interacting with people from all walks of life. She was an incredible inspiration to me. My mom had the uncanny ability to be able to talk to anyone from all walks of life. Children, young people, gang members, the homeless, the elderly. There didn't seem to be a barrier where she was not able to breakthrough. I remember cringing sometimes when I would hear her speak to strangers using phrases expressing warmth, love or affection. I don't know why it ever bothered me but I felt that some words should be used within the confines of family or close friends....My mom is a Christian and she never did follow the customary code of propriety when addressing strangers or anyone else for that matter :ph34r: and it use to embarrass me a little.

Now that I'm all growed up, I find myself doing the same thing. For instance, I went to the supermarket the other day and was in a near collision with a complete stranger down in one of the aisles. He looked really annoyed. Instead of my usual apologetic mumble ~ I just said to him "sorry love" this had an instant affect on the stranger who just couldn't stop smiling. I have found this to be true at work also and in other places where I sometimes have to deal with people who are naturally reserved and sometimes unbending. Genuine words of warmth and kindness from ones heart breaks down walls of insecurities in others. ;)

DanielGarneau

Apr 19, 2014
Quebec City, Province of Quebec, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you Angelina for sharing this. My step-father died last Sunday at 101 years of age. He had a very strong health, and his mind was completely alert almost until the day he died. The personnel that were taking care of him for the last few months in a nursing home were really tender with him, one nurse even asked him if he would adopt her as her own grand father and wanted a picture of him so she could remember him. We feel confident that all this warmth and those love words he received towards the end of his life were really helpful to him. Now my wife and I were able to spend a few hours praying with him in his last days of life. We do feel that God used all of the love he was given by "strangers" as one of His means to allow him to believe he was loved of God and to accept His grace to him.