Breaking News: Trump’s Symptoms Described as ‘Very Concerning’

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What? It's the Democrats' job now to make Trump look good? Are we living in the same universe?

The question ought to be about what is good for America, not about what makes Trump look good or what will get him re-elected. If Trump approached negotiations with that in mind, he might get a deal with the Democrats. Remember now, they also want to be re-elected. Their job is to represent the people who voted for them, not to glorify Trump. The best kind of deal is when both sides can agree to it and both sides think it makes them look good. If we could get a good deal, it would make both Trump and Congress look good -- it's called bipartisanship, something Trump doesn't seem to understand. That leaves Washington in a very partisan situation, and Trump is losing at that game.

Trump is all for glorifying himself. He loves to be the center of attention and he craves attention. He has demonstrated through his own actions that he's incredibly arrogant. The man spent $70,000 to style his hair when he was on The Apprentice and wrote it off as a business expense.

How Is It Possible That Donald Trump Spent $70,000 on His Hair?

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Giuliano

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had heard only that there was internal debate in the family. I hadn't heard that Junior was the one wanting someone to intervene. If that is true, he gets a "passing grade" from me for it. I was beginning to wonder if the entire family was without compassion and didn't really care about him. I think there are flunkies in his inner circle who don't care about him but are there only because there's something in it for them. Family can act the same way -- and I was wondering if Trump's children were all self-serving people who hung around so they wouldn't get cut out of the will. Junior's made some crazy remarks in the past, but this tells me (if true) that he does care about his father. That gives me some hope.

Reactions: Seven of Nine

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trump said his catching the coronavirus was a blessing from God? Then he veers off and says it's all China's fault.

I had been wondering about that experimental antibody treatment he got. Uh, yes, it did involve cells from an aborted fetus.

Trump’s antibody treatment was tested using cells originally derived from an abortion

This week, President Donald Trump extolled the cutting-edge coronavirus treatments he received as “miracles coming down from God.” If that’s true, then God employs cell lines derived from human fetal tissue.

The emergency antibody that Trump received last week was developed with the use of a cell line originally derived from abortion tissue, according to Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, the company that developed the experimental drug.

The Trump administration has taken an increasingly firm line against medical research using fetal tissue from abortions. For example, when it moved in 2019 to curtail the ability of the National Institutes of Health to fund such research, supporters hailed a “major pro-life victory” and thanked Trump personally for taking decisive action against what they called the “outrageous and disgusting” practice of “experimentation using baby body parts.”

Last edited:
R

Rita

Trump said his catching the coronavirus was a blessing from God? Then he veers off and says it's all China's fault.

Not sure those two statements are connected Giuliano, if something happens and brings about a result it can still be a blessing from God, but what creates the problem in the first place can still have a human source.
My brother had conveyed that he thought Trump would endeavour to get the drug approved earlier , isn’t it still being tested for approval ?
He is now offering the cure to every American free of charge, now he can get it through on an emergency basis. My brother has been following things much closer than me as he is retired and we were discussing things a few days ago. Looks as if he was right.
Interesting .....
I guess time will tell. Apparently you have to have this drug quite early on, before your own body produces antibodies. So it won’t help those who are in hospital. Also many fight the virus off quite naturally with no intervention, but many could feel encouraged to take the drug ‘ just in case ‘ because they don’t want to take any chances. If the trials haven’t finished, how do they know what other risks there are ?
They are on a win win really, if the person goes on to die they can just claim they took it too late, if they don’t develop major symptoms they can say it was the drug, when it could just be the persons own immune system dealing with it. As it is free it will only benefit the share holders. I believe the shares have already increased in value. I did read that Trump was a share holder, but have no idea if that is true.
I guess the vulnerable and those at risk would benefit, if the side effects don’t kick in and if they seek medical help early on.
Rita

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I had been wondering about that experimental antibody treatment he got. Uh, yes, it did involve cells from an aborted fetus.

Trump’s antibody treatment was tested using cells originally derived from an abortion

This week, President Donald Trump extolled the cutting-edge coronavirus treatments he received as “miracles coming down from God.” If that’s true, then God employs cell lines derived from human fetal tissue.

The emergency antibody that Trump received last week was developed with the use of a cell line originally derived from abortion tissue, according to Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, the company that developed the experimental drug.

The Trump administration has taken an increasingly firm line against medical research using fetal tissue from abortions. For example, when it moved in 2019 to curtail the ability of the National Institutes of Health to fund such research, supporters hailed a “major pro-life victory” and thanked Trump personally for taking decisive action against what they called the “outrageous and disgusting” practice of “experimentation using baby body parts.”

Trump says God Blessed him.
Trump points out the virus originated in China.
(And the back-story is there was a significant time lapse before the virus was reported, thus not properly contained.)
Trump received a treatment he is thankful for.
After 4 days, Trump is doing what he was elected to do.

And the problem is?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure those two statements are connected Giuliano, if something happens and brings about a result it can still be a blessing from God, but what creates the problem in the first place can still have a human source.
Thank God for China then. I guess that means it was't the Democrats who sneakily gave him the virus. :cool:

DeAnna Lorriaine -- a QAnon conspiracy person -- said she thought the Democrats gave it to him using the microphone at the debate.

https://twitter.com/DeAnna4Congress...-given-trump-covid-19-through-his-debate-mic/

I’m just going to say what we’re all thinking. Trump was fine until the debate, where they set up microphones & podiums for him. Incubation period is usually 2-3 days. He tests positive a couple of days after the debate. I put nothing past the left. NOTHING.

My brother had conveyed that he thought Trump would endeavour to get the drug approved earlier , isn’t it still being tested for approval ?
Yes. We can be grateful he didn't experiment on his own.

He is now offering the cure to every American free of charge, now he can get it through on an emergency basis. My brother has been following things much closer than me as he is retired and we were discussing things a few days ago. Looks as if he was right.
Yes, but what did that mean? I am hoping a vaccine shows up. I'm hoping not that many people get the virus after a vaccine is in use. I'm hoping we all don't need that drug.

Interesting .....
I guess time will tell. Apparently you have to have this drug quite early on, before your own body produces antibodies. So it won’t help those who are in hospital. Also many fight the virus off quite naturally with no intervention, but many could feel encouraged to take the drug ‘ just in case ‘ because they don’t want to take any chances. If the trials haven’t finished, how do they know what other risks there are ?
They are on a win win really, if the person goes on to die they can just claim they took it too late, if they don’t develop major symptoms they can say it was the drug, when it could just be the persons own immune system dealing with it. As it is free it will only benefit the share holders. I believe the shares have already increased in value. I did read that Trump was a share holder, but have no idea if that is true.
I guess the vulnerable and those at risk would benefit, if the side effects don’t kick in and if they seek medical help early on.
Rita
I hadn't heard Trump owned REGN stock. I think he's known the CEO for some time though. Only ten people have gotten that drug outside the clinical trials.

Something strange does seem to be going on though with that stock when I checked the "insider trading." All of the insiders have been selling, not buying.

Info here: REGN Insider Trading Activity (Regeneron Pharmaceuticals)

That must mean they don't have a lot of confidence that this drug will be a big money-maker.

Dies Trump own stock? I was curious and checked. He did back in 2017, but it doesn't show up on his 2020 filing.

Trump has ties to drugmaker Regeneron, and its stock is surging - CNN

Meanwhile, Trump also recently owned shares of Regeneron (REGN) -- as well as Gilead Sciences (GILD), maker of the antiviral drug remdesivir that the president is also taking. Both stocks were listed as assets on Trump's 2017 filing with the U.S. Office of Government Ethics, though neither were holdings on the president's most recent filing for 2020.

"Len and President Trump are acquaintances from both living in the Westchester area for many years but didn't have any regular contact until this year, when they've discussed matters around Covid on occasion," Regeneron told CNN Business in a statement.

According to Forbes, Schleifer is now worth $2.5 billion, up from $2.1 billion in the middle of March. Schleifer primarily donated to Democratic political candidates and PACs in the 2016 and 2018 elections, according to Federal Election Commission records.

So Trump is touting a drug made by a company run by a Democrat? Well, Schleifer is also a member of Trump's golf club in Westchester.

Reactions: Seven of Nine
R

Rita

That’s the first American debate I have listened to all the way through - really interesting. I cannot fathom out some of the comments that others have aligned to the moderator though, she didn’t come across as being biased at all. I wouldn’t like to say who won over all, didn’t agree with everything that either of them had to say. My son and I did chuckle to ourselves over some of the responses, but really not worth embarking on a debate over them.
Rita

Status
Not open for further replies.