Bringing Forth Life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scriptures says "he bore in his body our sins and transgressions." The major difference between Law teaching and Grace understanding is; one (law) has life correction attached to it, always having to work at perfecting the flesh. The other (grace) is a finished complete person with Christ in them.

I have had people tell me in frustration "this Christian stuff just don't work."

You know what is not working? A believer that just don't want to give up. They enjoy living their life how they want when they want and are quick to point out Christianity is not working for them. They can hear Christ' preached as life and know they want to and need to live what they hear but they still want to keep what they have. They can give up somewhat but this Christian stuff is just not really working, and this Christ in you stuff forget it.

A foot note here for what it is worth: some of our gathering places have become places of social gatherings. Now social gathering are good, we can fellowship and so on. But on a spiritual level the need is for believers to have a place also to be challenged to move on in God.

The preaching and teaching such as: "this day I put before you life and death, therefore choose life that you might live."

You don't have to be around fire and brimstone to get your attention, far from that. That may be necessary for the world but not believers. They need to know life is being presented to them and they need to accept it and follow through with what it is the Holyspirit is showing them. We all need to be reminded of it daily because it is a daily occurrence, it is our life (Christ) we are talking about and needs to be given our undivided attention on a daily basis. It is a daily activity, a moment by moment work of the father in believers to bring forth life (Christ).

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. - John 14:6.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The scriptures says "he bore in his body our sins and transgressions." The major difference between Law teaching and Grace understanding is; one (law) has life correction attached to it, always having to work at perfecting the flesh. The other (grace) is a finished complete person with Christ in them.

I have had people tell me in frustration "this Christian stuff just don't work."

You know what is not working? A believer that just don't want to give up. They enjoy living their life how they want when they want and are quick to point out Christianity is not working for them. They can hear Christ' preached as life and know they want to and need to live what they hear but they still want to keep what they have. They can give up somewhat but this Christian stuff is just not really working, and this Christ in you stuff forget it.

A foot note here for what it is worth: some of our gathering places have become places of social gatherings. Now social gathering are good, we can fellowship and so on. But on a spiritual level the need is for believers to have a place also to be challenged to move on in God.

The preaching and teaching such as: "this day I put before you life and death, therefore choose life that you might live."

You don't have to be around fire and brimstone to get your attention, far from that. That may be necessary for the world but not believers. They need to know life is being presented to them and they need to accept it and follow through with what it is the Holyspirit is showing them. We all need to be reminded of it daily because it is a daily occurrence, it is our life (Christ) we are talking about and needs to be given our undivided attention on a daily basis. It is a daily activity, a moment by moment work of the father in believers to bring forth life (Christ).

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. - John 14:6.
@soul man You are right about gathering places having become places for socializing...this virus thing has underlines the need to get back to the spiritual roots - prayer and the Scriptures - of the reason for gathering in the first place...