Buttigieg: A Frightening Presidential Candidate

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How foolish to think animosity is against an individual because he is homosexual. It is the very-deadly-to-America agenda of the L-ABC-Q movement that has to be recognized.
Why is anyone talking about his sexuality for then?

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is anyone talking about his sexuality for then?
For the same reason that if one of us ran for office, it would be assumed that we would back things of God. Do you think he would not be inclined to be prejudicial toward the homosexual agenda? Really?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.
First, since i was not invited, (which is good). may as well put my two cent worth in the topic.
f he gets nominated, can you imagine the hatred that will be generated by the liberal media towards conservative Christian supporters of Trump, i.e. those who stand on the Biblical assertion that homosexuality is a sin? And what would a Buttigieg nomination force Trump to do? How would he respond to someone over the issue of homosexuality? Someone who was claiming higher moral ground, and that Trump's form of "Christianity" is bigoted and homophobic?
Good insight, because How can the pot call the kettle black when they both are in the same SIN. adultery and forinciation are forms of homosexuality. so how can a homosexual calls another homosexual sin for the same ACT.

it's very intresting how many a christian are blind in not just one eye, but both.

PICJAG.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not a matter of who does "naughty" things. It is the dangerous probability that much of the tax money you pay will go directly to back homosexual agendas. And that, suddenly, you will find yourself astounded at the legal power so quicky given to a very small part of society. They have already been granted the control over how people conduct their businesses. (It's not just some little baker you really don't care about.) Soon, you will be absolutely shocked at what your elementary school kids will be coming home and telling you. And you can forget any "right" to be able to hold your own private opinion about their lifestyle. You will be demanded, under penalty of law, to openly support them in ALL areas of society... this includes your children's classrooms. Even today, you can't leave your child at the local library without them having a transvestite tell them "queer" stories.... with your city's full support and legal backing.

You think the issue of "wide open restrooms" has died? Not on your life. Let a homosexual get the power to force it, and your little girls will soon be sitting in stalls right next to who-knows-what.

Don't believe it? Just thumb back through the past few year's newspapers. You will be stunned, if you ever open your eyes.

Last edited:
Reactions: brakelite

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said, you like very long, drawn out conversations pretty much no matter what the topic,
I appreciate your thoughts, but this part is projection. Personally I prefer brevity. @Willie T is one of the best writers here imo. He so often puts his thoughts into a single sentence. And I never seem to wonder what he means.

We go back and forth, we disagree on some things. But underneath it all we disagree on how one should handle the Bible, I believe.

You didn't speculate, and you didn't ask, but I'm going to tell you anyway, the reason I engage you in conversation is that I believe that we both stand to benefit from our exchanges, as we minister the Lord Jesus to each other.

And I for one want to both impart and receive that benefit, if at all possible. Because we disagree on some things there will be contention, which is only to say we each contend for our views, but it doesn't have to deteriorate into something less than love.

I have no desire to offend you, only that given the opportunity, believers help each other grow. To me that's what it's about.

I've found this forum to contain not only all the mish mash we know, but also discussions that have challenged and help form my views, that have given me much deeper undertstandings of other people's views, and that bring me encouragment. And on reflection, I haven't been bringing to you that same encouragment, and that's my wrong. I think I become so focused on discussions where I see a real potential to explore deep things, that becomes too much my focus, as I continue in my thought, I lose sight of you for the distraction of the discussion, Please forgive me. I mean that.

Anyway, I always look forward to reading your posts, and I appreciate whatever dialog we may be able to enjoy together.

Much love!

Last edited:

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does anyone here see the same thing I see..... A last-minute entry of someone already well-known? I think someone like that would sweep the field.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the same reason that if one of us ran for office, it would be assumed that we would back things of God. Do you think he would not be inclined to be prejudicial toward the homosexual agenda? Really?
I don't know what the "homosexual agenda" is. I thought gay activists were asking for equal rights.

If Bernie Sanders became President, should we assume he'll have a Jewish agenda? Would Warren have a "feminist" agenda? Maybe Biden is the safest bet -- white, male, nominally Catholic, married only once.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The main trouble with the Left clamoring for so many strange things in politics is that I will feel no joy in saying, "I told you so." as America dies a whimpering death.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I appreciate your thoughts, but this part is projection. Personally I prefer brevity. @Willie T is one of the best writers here imo. He so often puts his thoughts into a single sentence. And I never seem to wonder what he means.

We go back and forth, we disagree on some things. But underneath it all we disagree on how one should handle the Bible, I believe.

You didn't speculate, and you didn't ask, but I'm going to tell you anyway, the reason I engage you in conversation is that I believe that we both stand to benefit from our exchanges, as we minister the Lord Jesus to each other.

And I for one want to both impart and receive that benefit, if at all possible. Because we disagree on some things there will be contention, which is only to say we each contend for our views, but it doesn't have to deteriorate into something less than love.

I have no desire to offend you, only that given the opportunity, believers help each other grow. To me that's what it's about.

I've found this forum to contain not only all the mish mash we know, but also discussions that have challenged and help form my views, that have given me much deeper undertstandings of other people's views, and that bring me encouragment. And on reflection, I haven't been bringing to you that same encouragment, and that's my wrong. I think I become so focused on discussions where I see a real potential to explore deep things, that becomes too much my focus, as I continue in my thought, I lose sight of you for the distraction of the discussion, Please forgive me. I mean that.

Anyway, I always look forward to reading your posts, and I appreciate whatever dialog we may be able to enjoy together.

Much love!

Wow, marks. What a wonderful post : )

Yes, I sensed that about why you discuss things, and it's to your credit. I think maybe my problem when it comes to longer discussions is two-fold:

1. I'm something of an inborn persuader. I have a naturally-influential personality and plenty to teach, but it can run me into trouble when I think I'm not getting a conversation where it needs to go. I've gotten better about it, but in conversations I'm still nearly always driving pretty hard in a certain direction, and long talks make for.... a very long drive. And my problem is I don't like traveling, LoL (even in the natural).

2. I also tend to focus so strongly on my own positions that I don't always see different points of view very well. Nor do I see where another person is coming from, such as their theological background or life's experience, for example.

But listen, I'm not positive yet, but I'm getting very strong signals that the Lord may be leading me away soon, like for a year or more at least, and I was thinking of sending you a conversation in private to let you know that I appreciate you, and hope I didn't get too offensive with anything I said or the way I was posting you sometimes. It's no small wonder you're well liked around here. You're a good dude. : )

So thanks. After awhile you get used to relations around here smoothing out over time as we get to know one another better. It's a lot like a family (actually it is a family), and families always have their squabbles from time to time. I've been at it with numerous people here, yet things always become water under the bridge eventually. But if I took off soon and we didn't have the chance to get through that stage to knowing each other better, I wanted to make sure you knew I appreciated you, and make sure we left on good terms.

Love you, brother, and it's been my honor to talk with you. Honestly. I learned some things from our conversations, I promise you. So they have definitely done me some good, as you intended : )

God bless you, dude!

High five in the Lord.

tumblr_mhi6btsJsX1qlxqw2o1_500.gif

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I sensed that about why you discuss things, and it's to your credit.
More to your credit than to mine, if you see something good in me, because that's what love does. I likewise have my agenda, but it's not really on a particular topic, more all topics, that being renewing the mind according to Scripture, in me, you, all of us. That happens with any Scripture, IF we properly understand it, and realize the fullness of it's meaning.

Thank you for your kind words! And I totally believe God will bless your path to bring you where He wants you to be!

Much love!

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But they have one candidate lurking in the shadows that would not only present very real problems for Donald Trump politically...
Why would another lame Left-Liberal who is a practising homosexual, and who stands for everything which is Anti-American, present *very real problems* for Mr. Trump?

If American voters have learned anything from the words and actions of the Democrats recently (especially the sham impeachment nonsense), it is that NOT ONE OF THEM can be trusted as the leader of the free world. They would all sell America to its enemies, and reduce it to Third World Status. Let's hope the general public wakes up and sees what a sorry lot these clowns are.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A quite extensive explanation wasn't difficult to locate: Homosexual Agenda - Conservapedia
The top item in the list was: Ignoring Christian morals and discouraging religiously based laws. I'm in favor of laws that promote the welfare of citizens, but I am adamantly opposed to laws based on any religion. Whoever wrote that article must not have much faith in Jesus if he thinks we need the government to impose Christian values.

People who want to impose their views about religion on other people are not people I want to see in office, no matter what their religion is. I find the current "Hindu nationalism" situation in India shocking -- and I'm neither a Hindu nor a Muslim.

I also cannot understand how Christians can believe they're obeying the Golden Rule when they want to impose their religious views on others. It's distinctly unchristian to me. The Catholics got over it -- the Inquisition didn't work for them. I think maybe the religious right needs to get over it too.

Reactions: brakelite

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The top item in the list was: Ignoring Christian morals and discouraging religiously based laws. I'm in favor of laws that promote the welfare of citizens, but I am adamantly opposed to laws based on any religion. Whoever wrote that article must not have much faith in Jesus if he thinks we need the government to impose Christian values.

People who want to impose their views about religion on other people are not people I want to see in office, no matter what their religion is. I find the current "Hindu nationalism" situation in India shocking -- and I'm neither a Hindu nor a Muslim.

I also cannot understand how Christians can believe they're obeying the Golden Rule when they want to impose their religious views on others. It's distinctly unchristian to me. The Catholics got over it -- the Inquisition didn't work for them. I think maybe the religious right needs to get over it too.
It doesn't sound like you are discussing what those people wrote. Are you sure you read all 14 pages (5,576 words)? To just pull a sentence from here and a phrase from there does not represent what they spoke on.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If American voters have learned anything from the words and actions of the Democrats recently (especially the sham impeachment nonsense), it is that NOT ONE OF THEM can be trusted as the leader of the free world.

Absolutely, and that is why the only thing that really could hurt Trump is if something - some highly divisive issue - causes him to be painted in an extremely bad light in the eyes of many non-Christian Americans, and that issue just might do it.
Why would another lame Left-Liberal who is a practising homosexual, and who stands for everything which is Anti-American, present *very real problems* for Mr. Trump?

Your habit of taking a quote from someone that explains the reasons why they believe something and then asking them why as if they had never said anything is a little irritating, LoL. It's like if someone tells me, "I dislike this apple pie because it's way too sweet, the crust is too thick, and it's greasy" and I reply, "Why on earth would you dislike that pie?!" LoL. :rolleyes:

I swear, Enoch, I think you went deaf about a year or so ago and never regained your ability to hear (or read for that matter, LoL).

Reactions: Willie T

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...but I am adamantly opposed to laws based on any religion.
Well then you are adamantly opposed to the laws which have governed America, and given it a leading role as a country which abides by the Rule of Law (until Obama appeared on the scene along with all his Deep State operatives).

While all the Founding Fathers may not have been evangelical Christians (and many were Deists) the fact remains that the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the laws of the land are based all on the Bible or biblical principles. Even sodomy was outlawed in the USA until very recently, and under Sharia law Buttigieg would have faced the death penalty. Yet he would gladly support Islamist terrorists rather than Trump.

But if these laws makes you unhappy, you can always move to Cuba or Saudi Arabia (or even Iran, since American Leftists are now showing great sympathy for Suleimani who slaughtered Americans by the thousands).

All the Left-wing presidential candidates from the Democrat party are filled with hatred for (1) America, (2) the Constitution, (3) the Rule of Law, (4) national security, (5) American exceptionalism, (6) patriotism, (7) Christianity, (8) Christian values, (9) conservative values, and (10) fairness in dealing with their opponents. They would love to establish a Fascist-Communist-Anarchist regime in the USA, and the only one standing between them and this scenario is Donald Trump.

But you (and a few other Christians) hate Trump (just like that Christianity Today editor, who had to retire because he made a huge mistake by siding with the evil Democrats in calling for Trump's removal. Good riddance). I have yet to see one post of yours praising Trump for what he has accomplished.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I swear, Enoch, I think you went deaf about a year or so ago and never regained your ability to hear (or read for that matter, LoL).
I guess you just realized that you made a huge mistake by suggesting that Buttigieg would cause huge problems for Trump. So now I'm the one who is deaf. This man is not *frightening* just pathetic. And a few decades ago he would have been behind bars for his sodomy.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess you just realized that you made a huge mistake by suggesting that Buttigieg would cause huge problems for Trump. So now I'm the one who is deaf. This man is not *frightening* just pathetic. And a few decades ago he would have been behind bars for his sodomy.

We're not still living a few decades ago, Enoch. We're living now.

About Trump, as I've already posted, I'm not really political. Whoever wins in 2020 or 2024 doesn't really concern me that much one way or the other. If you read the OP, what I'm concerned about is what the effect on society will be, and what society's view of conservative Christians will become if Buttigieg gets the nomination.

That's actually the primary topic I put up for discussion in this thread. Have any thoughts on it?