Buttigieg: A Frightening Presidential Candidate

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

The top item in the list was: Ignoring Christian morals and discouraging religiously based laws. I'm in favor of laws that promote the welfare of citizens, but I am adamantly opposed to laws based on any religion. Whoever wrote that article must not have much faith in Jesus if he thinks we need the government to impose Christian values.

People who want to impose their views about religion on other people are not people I want to see in office, no matter what their religion is. I find the current "Hindu nationalism" situation in India shocking -- and I'm neither a Hindu nor a Muslim.

I also cannot understand how Christians can believe they're obeying the Golden Rule when they want to impose their religious views on others. It's distinctly unchristian to me. The Catholics got over it -- the Inquisition didn't work for them. I think maybe the religious right needs to get over it too.
I had to like your post because I just do agree with the thinking behind it. BUT, the last paragraph couldn't be further from the truth. And certainly, Protestantism has not learned from Catholicism mistakes.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not long ago Biden was looking most likely to win the Presidential election, but the Democrats continual attacks on Trump may have ruined their chances, they wanted to impeach him, but they have just dragged it on way too long, the Ukraine thing was wrong and the handling of the Kurdish was also wrong, and that would have been enough to cost Trump an election, but now it just looks like the Dems have slung a whole heap of mud over it, because they were too heavily focused on trying to knock out Trump before the election has even began....

Lolz if this was Australia though..... There would already have been a internal leadership spill within the political party itself, and the political party itself would have elected someone else to take the top job....

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't sound like you are discussing what those people wrote. Are you sure you read all 14 pages (5,576 words)? To just pull a sentence from here and a phrase from there does not represent what they spoke on.
I did not read the entire article. The site doesn't try to hide the fact they have a bias. I am not going to read a long article with a biased point of view just to please someone who posts a link to it. They advertise their "conservative" bias.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess you just realized that you made a huge mistake by suggesting that Buttigieg would cause huge problems for Trump. So now I'm the one who is deaf. This man is not *frightening* just pathetic. And a few decades ago he would have been behind bars for his sodomy.
Make America great again? Bring back sodomy laws? Bring back the era of the heterosexual Protestant white male dominating all society?

Reactions: Hidden In Him
B

brakelite

Lolz if this was Australia though..... There would already have been a internal leadership spill within the political party itself, and the political party itself would have elected someone else to take the top job....
True, but that would have been based on the leaders
A. Lousy job and
B. Lack of popularity.
Neither of those two charges could be leveled at Trump without some fairly serious tweaking of the statistics.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had to like your post because I just do agree with the thinking behind it. BUT, the last paragraph couldn't be further from the truth. And certainly, Protestantism has not learned from Catholicism mistakes.
I'm not sure which part you disagreed with, but maybe I should have been clearer when I said the Catholics "learned." What they learned was they could not be as outrageous as they had been -- the Inquisition did not help the Catholic Church -- it made Catholics look barbaric and unchristian. They gave up the more outrageous methods of trying to impose their views on everyone, choosing to be more subtle now; but they're still at it, more or less. Today in the US, it's a group of "white Protestants" who seem in favor of using government to impose their views. Everyone unlike them is seen as an enemy. Any ideas that conflict with their ideas are depicted as threats to society that the government should censor.

What this type of Protestant does not see is that their style of trying to hold onto power makes them look bad. It turns people off. Now we see the "evangelicals" fighting among themselves.

B

brakelite

I'm not sure which part you disagreed with, but maybe I should have been clearer when I said the Catholics "learned." What they learned was they could not be as outrageous as they had been -- the Inquisition did not help the Catholic Church -- it made Catholics look barbaric and unchristian. They gave up the more outrageous methods of trying to impose their views on everyone, choosing to be more subtle now; but they're still at it, more or less. Today in the US, it's a group of "white Protestants" who seem in favor of using government to impose their views. Everyone unlike them is seen as an enemy. Any ideas that conflict with their ideas are depicted as threats to society that the government should censor.

What this type of Protestant does not see is that their style of trying to hold onto power makes them look bad. It turns people off. Now we see the "evangelicals" fighting among themselves.
More subtle.. Yes, I can certainly agree with that. What Protestantism is doing in America with their embracing of politics is preparation for the establishment of the image to the Catholic beast.

Reactions: Giuliano

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not read the entire article. The site doesn't try to hide the fact they have a bias. I am not going to read a long article with a biased point of view just to please someone who posts a link to it. They advertise their "conservative" bias.
Sorry. I must have misunderstood you saying you didn't know what the Homosexual Agenda was for asking if someone could show it to you. Reading that full article revealed a lot of things that even I didn't know about..... many of them, direct quotes from leaders of the movement.
And, of course it is biased. ANYTHING from either perspective is going to be.... and usually is.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry. I must have misunderstood you saying you didn't know what the Homosexual Agenda was for asking if someone could show it to you. Reading that full article revealed a lot of things that even I didn't know about..... many of them, direct quotes from leaders of the movement.
And, of course it is biased. ANYTHING from either perspective is going to be.... and usually is.
They exaggerated some things. Just because one or two activists make exaggerated demands does not mean there is some "homosexual agenda." I find some demands from some activists silly, impractical and infringing the rights of other people. I don't assume those radical activists represent all gay people.

It seems to me that "gay right activism" has been hijacked by transgender advocates. There aren't that many news stories about "gay rights" anymore -- not even in the most liberal news sources. I check "gay news" sites from time to time; and many if most of the stories are not about gay issues at all, they're about trans issues. I imagine some gay people aren't that thrilled with that. Someone told me yesterday that some of the gay people he knows aren't that thrilled by it. I'm not either -- I find a man dressing up like a woman to read stories to children beyond the limits of acceptability. That is being pushy and it's an attempt to control the minds of the children if you ask me. It also has nothing to do with homosexuality.

B

brakelite

They exaggerated some things. Just because one or two activists make exaggerated demands does not mean there is some "homosexual agenda." I find some demands from some activists silly, impractical and infringing the rights of other people. I don't assume those radical activists represent all gay people.

It seems to me that "gay right activism" has been hijacked by transgender advocates. There aren't that many news stories about "gay rights" anymore -- not even in the most liberal news sources. I check "gay news" sites from time to time; and many if most of the stories are not about gay issues at all, they're about trans issues. I imagine some gay people aren't that thrilled with that. Someone told me yesterday that some of the gay people he knows aren't that thrilled by it. I'm not either -- I find a man dressing up like a woman to read stories to children beyond the limits of acceptability. That is being pushy and it's an attempt to control the minds of the children if you ask me. It also has nothing to do with homosexuality.
And then you have trans men trouncing gay women in athletics...I would imagine those women wouldn't be too happy about that either.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yet, those "extremes" are actually being pushed into law, this very day, and it is steadily creeping up on America.

As an example: Just go try to stop that Transvite storytime in libraries, and see how fast the police come down on you.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet, those "extremes" are actually being pushed into law, this very day, and it is steadily creeping up on America.

As an example: Just go try to stop that Transvite storytime in libraries, and see how fast the police come down on you.
But let's be clear about it -- a transvestite reading to children in a library is not about homosexuality. Some may be gay; but it's something else. There is an attempt, I'd say, to lump issues together using the LGBTQ acronym, but it looks to me like a few extremists have hijacked things. Most of their issues aren't about being gay; they use that acronym to try to get the support of gay people.

It's almost like how extreme Islamic terrorists would like people to believe they represent all Muslims. They can get money from Muslims that way, people who don't know their real objectives. They also like to create fear among non-Muslims to get them to say bad things about Muslims; and that will make Muslims more fearful and apt to support the extremists.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Make America great again? Bring back sodomy laws? Bring back the era of the heterosexual Protestant white male dominating all society?

I wasn't going to draw his attention to it, but calling people "pathetic" and insinuating they ought to be thrown in jail are indeed the kind of things that would bring about the hatred you were talking about, and the strife I was talking about. I think it's just the tip of the iceberg on both sides if Buttigieg manages to get the nomination, and this debate takes center stage on the national scene for months and months.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And then you have trans men trouncing gay women in athletics...I would imagine those women wouldn't be too happy about that either.
That is still being worked out, to be sure.

An Iranian leader once said they have no gays in Iran. Hmmm. The law there is that you can be prosecuted for having gay sex; but if a man goes and has a sex change operation, it's legal for him to have sex with men. That's a very odd situation if you ask me. I forget how many of their "female" soccer players are trans. Oh, I found a story from 2015. Eight on the team were pretending to be women but hadn't had surgery yet. That got them into trouble. It was unknown how many had been born male and completed surgery.

Story here: Eight players of Iranian women’s football team are actually MEN awaiting sex swap operations | Daily Mail Online

It is pushing the limits. Even if they have surgery and have "female equipment," they still retain some advantages of male biology. Also I think FIFA said they have to have their hormone levels tested. For sure it arouses resentment among female athletes who were born female.

Reactions: brakelite

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Story here: Eight players of Iranian women’s football team are actually MEN awaiting sex swap operations | Daily Mail Online

It is pushing the limits. Even if they have surgery and have "female equipment," they still retain some advantages of male biology. Also I think FIFA said they have to have their hormone levels tested. For sure it arouses resentment among female athletes who were born female.

Just goes to show. In sports, you gotta have the right "equipment," LoL.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wasn't going to draw his attention to it, but calling people "pathetic" and insinuating they ought to be thrown in jail are indeed the kind of things that would bring about the hatred you were talking about, and the strife I was talking about. I think it's just the tip of the iceberg on both sides if Buttigieg manages to get the nomination, and this debate takes center stage on the national scene for months and months.
Take it up with Enoch since he's the one who used the inflammatory language saying a few decades ago Buttigieg would have been behind bars for sodomy. It sounded to me as if he was longing for the good old days. My response to him was satirical. Why get annoyed with me and not with him?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take it up with Enoch since he's the one who used the inflammatory language saying a few decades ago Buttigieg would have been behind bars for sodomy. It sounded to me as if he was longing for the good old days. My response to him was satirical. Why get annoyed with me and not with him?

I'm not annoyed with you. I was agreeing with you. You didn't notice the "like" I gave your post? : )

And Enoch doesn't listen to anybody anyway, so there's no point taking up anything with him unless you're in the mood for a headache, LoL.

Reactions: Giuliano

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Enoch doesn't listen to anybody anyway, so there's no point taking up anything with him unless you're in the mood for a headache, LoL.

35e277f1a86d22ce2f6b2b6fba850824--rare-photos-photos-of.jpg

"Lord, please grant someone here the ability to reach Enoch. All things are possible with God."
"Amen!"

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not annoyed with you. I was agreeing with you. You didn't notice the "like" I gave your post? : )

Sorry I misread you. I didn't notice the "like." If Buttigieg is the nominee and people attack him for being gay, it could misfire since most people now know of family members who are gay or have friends who are. In the past gays kept quiet about being gay. Today is different. If you attack a candidate for being gay, you're apt to lose the votes of people who have gay family members or gay friends.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry I misread you. I didn't notice the "like." If Buttigieg is the nominee and people attack him for being gay, it could misfire since most people now know of family members who are gay or have friends who are. In the past gays kept quiet about being gay. Today is different. If you attack a candidate for being gay, you're apt to lose the votes of people who have gay family members or gay friends.

Exactly.