Cain who was he ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Cain who was he?

Genesis 4:1
1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.

The word wife - 'ishshah
Strong's Number: 0802
meaning: woman, wife, female

The word conceived - Harah
Strong's Number: 02029
meaning: to conceive, become pregnant, bear, be with child, be conceived, progenitor

I'm clear Cain was physically the son of Adam and Eve. I do not want to be too clever to understand it the way other than it was written.

There is no question of 'open eyes and can't see' here.

The Bible is inspired by God and I understand this verse the way God wants me to understand and not any buddyt or Eastgate or anybody similar.

People come up with strange ideas (perhaps with coincidence) and they even make movies which are finally discarded as fiction all across the globe, for ever.

All glory to God,
Prashanth

P.S. There was too much of confidence being displayed in the ideas in this thread, which cannot be proved . Please discuss the things concerning the Word of God with all humility.
ha, you would be better served to engage with another group if you expect humility; we are "Western Christians." Think "East India Company," because that is us.

As to your perspective on Cain, i would invite you to contemplate that that when Spirit (male, Adam) is married to a Soul (female, Eve), the inevitable first result would be a "Cain," (plower of their own ground), and reflect upon the spiritual lessons there perhaps, although i do not wish to discount your literal interpretation if that serves you.

That part of Genesis is acknowledged to be Mythology by many, by which i do not mean to say "myth" as we define that term today, but rather "a story that embodies truth," that perhaps might be taken too literally.

prashanthd

Aug 16, 2013
Hyderabad, India
Faith
Christian
Country
India
John8:43-47 - I'm aware of these verses already.

ha, you would be better served to engage with another group if you expect humility; we are "Western Christians." Think "East India Company," because that is us.

This is completely irrelevant and non-sense, no way related to this discussion. Looks like these are from an immature individual who is trying to divert this discussion into personal or misleading debate.

I can no longer entertain replies to such posts.

Reactions: Sword

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

This is completely irrelevant and non-sense, no way related to this discussion. Looks like these are from an immature individual who is trying to divert this discussion into personal or misleading debate.

now you're getting it--but prolly you should drop the "Looks like," so you sound more assured, and maybe toss in some Scripture that you believe supports your position. Tell us how you really feel iow, lol.

i am not getting how John 8 speaks to that point though, that seems like a different concept to me.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why are you attributing these verse to Cain when ib fact theres no mention of Cain there at all. God gave eve a son. Who gave a son to her? God did. Did it mention satan? No it never . You did and you do not have a single verse to prove it was satan.

Reactions: 101G

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

If you click on there name you get an option of ignoring them. I used it 5 times in here and looks like I will need it again. some people there is no reasoning with.

Reactions: prashanthd

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If you click on there name you get an option of ignoring them. I used it 5 times in here and looks like I will need it again. some people there is no reasoning with.
i used to do that, but then how do you avoid an inbred feed, essentially just surrounding yourself with yes-men? As comfortable as it may be in the moment, imo this is not the best expression of "communion."

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really Cain wonder why God rejected His gift. May not have had the kindness and heart like Abel did. As Abel may had been pure of heart. While Cain may have threw his stuff in a heartbeat while Abel took his time.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Abel was a shepherd, while Cain offered the produce of plowing his own soil. The symbology should be clear enough, even disguised as a parable about "sacrifice."

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you never read John8:43-47 when you read these verses pay attention to Verse 44 and 47.
What about John8:43-47?. these are not physical biological children of the devil. they are "EVIL" just like their father the devil. Evil is abstract, and not concrete. so the biological angle is "OUT". it's who you OBEY will determine if you're a "SON" of God or the devil.

verse 44 tell us why he is describe as their father, a. "the lusts of your father ye will do". and b. "He was a murderer from the beginning". c. "and abode not in the truth", and d. "When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it". and if one speak a lie, then you become his son of that lie.

People, people, one need to understand what is a simile or a metaphor is.

a metaphor: a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable. Example "he or she is a snake in the grass". not a literal snake, the action is a deceiver, Laying wait to strike to to inject poison. scripture, Luke 11:53 "And as he said these things unto them, the scribes and the Pharisees began to urge him vehemently, and to provoke him to speak of many things: 54 Laying wait for him, and seeking to catch something out of his mouth, that they might accuse him".

a simile: a figure of speech involving the comparison of one thing with another thing of a different kind, used to make a description more emphatic or vivid. example, 1 Peter 5:8 "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour". as is the key yo understanding this verse.

Reactions: Sword

buddyt

May 23, 2017
oneonta al. USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about John8:43-47?. these are not physical biological children of the devil. they are "EVIL" just like their father the devil. Evil is abstract, and not concrete. so the biological angle is "OUT". it's who you OBEY will determine if you're a "SON" of God or the devil.

verse 44 tell us why he is describe as their father, a. "the lusts of your father ye will do". and b. "He was a murderer from the beginning". c. "and abode not in the truth", and d. "When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it". and if one speak a lie, then you become his son of that lie.

People, people, one need to understand what is a simile or a metaphor is.

a metaphor: a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable. Example "he or she is a snake in the grass". not a literal snake, the action is a deceiver, Laying wait to strike to to inject poison. scripture, Luke 11:53 "And as he said these things unto them, the scribes and the Pharisees began to urge him vehemently, and to provoke him to speak of many things: 54 Laying wait for him, and seeking to catch something out of his mouth, that they might accuse him".

a simile: a figure of speech involving the comparison of one thing with another thing of a different kind, used to make a description more emphatic or vivid. example, 1 Peter 5:8 "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour". as is the key yo understanding this verse.
At times Jesus spoke in parables. The verses I gave are not parables. Wake up to Gods word and read with understanding. Leave the teachings of Man behind. Why is it when Christians have been taught one thing and then given the Truth, they say oh that means this or this means that. Why not take Gods word for what it says literally as a Christian should .

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom

stay a while/linger longer or you will miss this - what has been completely overlooked and ignored is what this is really all about is about what this is really all about - get it wrong here and see why most have really got it all mixed up and wrong - first learn to walk with Him in the cool of His garden - it seems we have lost contact at the very start and He calls out 'where art thou' - the whole of Christianity pivots on and around the tree in the midst of the garden viz good and evil/truth and lies - get it wrong here and have it wrong elsewhere for see for yourself - lay your bible down and see Genesis is topmost - turn it upside down and lay it down and notice the whole of the bible rests on Genesis - more later - stay awhile - twinc

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
contd - here you will learn to correctly interpret scriptures and put first things first, get priorities right and seek first the kingdom - we are literally reinacting the truth and lie of Adam and Eve - lets begin by first pondering on who and what is the woman and who the seed of the woman - btw it seems that if anyone does not understand what Moses wrote in genesis they cannot understand Christianity and yet many are convinced otherwise - more later - twinc

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
At times Jesus spoke in parables. The verses I gave are not parables. Wake up to Gods word and read with understanding. Leave the teachings of Man behind. Why is it when Christians have been taught one thing and then given the Truth, they say oh that means this or this means that. Why not take Gods word for what it says literally as a Christian should .[/QUOTE

not at all for the correct interpretation is - the literal must always be accepted unless reason or necessity dictate otherwise - twinc

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Wake up to Gods word and read with understanding.
you might keep an open mind where God's Word is concerned, as It is not Scripture, as you have been taught by those who signed Contracts for Jesus, with all due respect. And the Bible will even show you this, as you cannot quote a verse stating that the Bible is the Word--for starters--don't you think that is maybe a little strange, coming from a Book that you are about to insist we all take literally?
Why is it when Christians have been taught one thing and then given the Truth, they say oh that means this or this means that.
easy--because the liars who taught you that the Bible is the Word all have houses built upon sand, and as we can witness they are all in flames as we speak.
Why not take Gods word for what it says literally as a Christian should .
I know this is not pleasant, but you have been taught the party line by wolves, as Paul assured us would happen as soon as he left. The Bible Itself tells us not to take things too literally, as It is a Book about the spiritual, not a history Book, as your bought and paid for pastors have assumed.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
At times Jesus spoke in parables. The verses I gave are not parables. Wake up to Gods word and read with understanding. Leave the teachings of Man behind. Why is it when Christians have been taught one thing and then given the Truth, they say oh that means this or this means that. Why not take Gods word for what it says literally as a Christian should .
Its called self preservation. Its pride. Its wilfully ignorant. Its all flesh. And all of it comes from not knowing the love of Christ in your life daily. When we know the love of Christ fully its now not about me but Him and you,

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Its called self preservation. Its pride. Its wilfully ignorant. Its all flesh. And all of it comes from not knowing the love of Christ in your life daily. When we know the love of Christ fully its now not about me but Him and you,
you might keep an open mind where God's Word is concerned, as It is not Scripture, as you have been taught by those who signed Contracts for Jesus, with all due respect. And the Bible will even show you this, as you cannot quote a verse stating that the Bible is the Word--for starters--don't you think that is maybe a little strange, coming from a Book that you are about to insist we all take literally?
easy--because the liars who taught you that the Bible is the Word all have houses built upon sand, and as we can witness they are all in flames as we speak.
I know this is not pleasant, but you have been taught the party line by wolves, as Paul assured us would happen as soon as he left. The Bible Itself tells us not to take things too literally, as It is a Book about the spiritual, not a history Book, as your bought and paid for pastors have assumed.

ot only is the Bible really spiritual but all the more so is God - but we are carnal in nature and interpretations etc - we must get our interpretations,values, priorities, precedence and preferences right - in scripture interpretation the literal must be accepted unless reason or necessity dictate otherwise - so our values /priorities must be spiritual/mental/physical/material etc - this is clearly being taught right at the start in genesis and is the subject of this topic viz 'Cain - whose son was he' - our distorted carnal nature/mind thinks and places sex/physical before mental/spiritual that the greater offence is spiritual disobedience to God rather than sex/physical and we see this sharply in our present thinking where physical/sexual tampering of children is regarded as very serious and disturbing and more so than mental and spiritual tampering - twinc