Cain who was he ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eastgate

May 13, 2017
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there. Thanks for your response. I do not believe in any ' apple' except the one I am writing on!!:)
Neither a snake. Neither literal trees...
My personal belief is that the sin was unbelief. ( which as we know, led to disobedience. ) God had given them all they needed to have ...'He walked with them in the Garden in the cool of the evening...'
But Eve did not believe God, she believed and partook of the words " Hath God said..." etc. She believed the words of doubt, she believed that God was holding out on her....she was deceived. Adam saw (where the dickens was he while this took place!!) that she had fallen, he loved her more than God, so chose " to eat" and be with like and with her... he was not deceived, he willingly disobeyed to be with His Bride . Just as the Second Adam Jesus, willingly OBEYED ...to be with His Bride.
Perhaps someone told you this? It's not just something that you feel comfortable with to fill holes that aren't even there in the first place? Why would you choose this explanation over what God had written for you to read? Was God wasting His time in explaining what happened in the garden? Of course not. Anyways, onto my next question(s)...
Do you believe that there are angelic beings? Ya know, those written of in many places throughout the Bible? And if so, can they impregnate flesh woman?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps someone told you this? It's not just something that you feel comfortable with to fill holes that aren't even there in the first place? Why would you choose this explanation over what God had written for you to read? Was God wasting His time in explaining what happened in the garden? Of course not. Anyways, onto my next question(s)...
Do you believe that there are angelic beings? Ya know, those written of in many places throughout the Bible? And if so, can they impregnate flesh woman?
we already have a topic on the garden of Eden, your topic is, "Cain who was he?".

Reactions: Helen

Eastgate

May 13, 2017
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything I'm asking is very, very relevant to who Cain is. You cannot be serious in suggesting that we talk about who Cain is without discussing the garden. You know, the essentials of understanding a subject - who? what? where? when? why?

Amazing.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything I'm asking is very, very relevant to who Cain is. You cannot be serious in suggesting that we talk about who Cain is without discussing the garden. You know, the essentials of understanding a subject - who? what? where? when? why?
Cain was never in the garde, only his parents was. and they was Adam and Eve. and he followed his own way.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Cain was never in the garden, only his parents was. and they was Adam and Eve. and he followed his own way.

Yep...very true. Cain and Abel were never in the Garden. Isn't Nimrod in the line of Cain? ...I forget now, but I think so...I'm in too much of a hurry to check it out now.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, one of Noah sons offspring, the son of Cush, Genesis 10:8 "And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth".

Reactions: Helen

Eastgate

May 13, 2017
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cain was never in the garde, only his parents was. and they was Adam and Eve. and he followed his own way.
You're dodging and you know it. Give me a break. The garden and what happened there is relevant to Cain. Anyone, anywhere discussing Cain would not be able to help also discussing the garden.

Eastgate

May 13, 2017
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're dodging the topic by desperately trying to subtract the "garden" from the very essence of who Cain was, which is absurd, to say the least. How many times do I have to repeat this?

buddyt

May 23, 2017
oneonta al. USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eastgate
It isn't easy, even using Scripture as I pointed out in this post
Yes, I know that when we take it to the prime, the sin was disobedience, but by what act did the sin take form? What commandment was disobeyed and how was it disobeyed? The verse you mention in Hosea, while important to both ancient Israel and the "Christian nations" of today, does not directly apply to the fruit in the garden of eden or what transpired there. The analogy is teaching, as I said, ancient Israel and Christians today that what is reaped shall be sowed. The fruit of lies is false doctrine that is produced by men and followed by men. This was true of Israel just as it is today. If you still insist on applying this to the garden, we can say that Adam and Eve believed a falsehood from Satan's mouth - what was the lie? How did they act upon that lie?
Eastgate
It isn't easy, even with the supporting scripture I gave at the start of this post. There are those who will give there unlearned answers that man teaches. They will give answers for the sin, that have nothing absolutely nothing to do with the subject. This is true for all of the teachings of man, and it's so simple to understand what God has written in his word.
Exampel: I don't follow the teaching of the so called Rapture. The reason being God tells us in Ezekiel13:20-21 he is against those who teach this. Give the followers of the Rapture these verses and they completely ignore the them. They wont even comment on the verses. So it's very hard to get some to believe what is written.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're dodging the topic by desperately trying to subtract the "garden" from the very essence of who Cain was, which is absurd, to say the least. How many times do I have to repeat this?
if you think I'm dodging anything put it on the table and let me address it. else be silent, so again I say put it on the table what i suppose to be dodging.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Eastgate..it is YOU who 'needs the Garden' ..because you want to tell the world that the 'snake' impregnated Eve...but many people have already said that long before you...it tickles someones fancy, but not mine...as it is NOT what God said....but what you say that He said...but He did not. Not in my KJV bible anyway.

Eastgate

May 13, 2017
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ignorance is bliss, I suppose.

101G, I will slow it down for you because you obviously need help.

You.
Are.
Dodging.
The.
Topic. (Cain, who was he?)
By.
Suggesting.
We.
Not.
Discuss.
What.
Transpired.
In.
The.
Garden.

Do you understand how silly this is? (That's a rhetorical question, by the way. I know that you don't) We have to discuss the garden and what happened with Adam and Eve to not only introduce Cain, but explain events involving him.

Eastgate

May 13, 2017
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eastgate..it is YOU who 'needs the Garden' ..because you want to tell the world that the 'snake' impregnated Eve...but many people have already said that long before you...it tickles someones fancy, but not mine...as it is NOT what God said....but what you say that He said...but He did not. Not in my KJV bible anyway.
Many people have said this before me. But only One should matter to you. Christ taught this. The first prophecy by God in the Bible speaks directly of this.
And you have to stop believing it to be a "snake". The "serpent" is just another one of Satan's names. It wasn't the animal you're thinking of. Look up the word in the Hebrew.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You talk to us like we are stupid or something...I KNOW it was not a snake..that is why I wrote it as "snake"...neither is /was it a serpent...

Believe what you want...much good may it do you. Personally...it doesn't really matter anyway..nowhere does it change our walk with God, or our basic salvation.

Have a nice day...

Reactions: bbyrd009 and FHII

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You talk to us like we are stupid or something...I KNOW it was not a snake..that is why I wrote it as "snake"...neither is /was it a serpent...

Believe what you want...much good may it do you. Personally...it doesn't really matter anyway..nowhere does it change our walk with God, or our basic salvation.

Have a nice day...

Bygrace brought up a point that I like... What difference does it really make in regards to salvation?

Well, if it is a matter of truth, then all the difference. There is not 100% evidence to be sure either way.

But there are many questions. Let me just ask one: who was the serpent's seed in Gen 3:15?

Genesis 3:15 KJV
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

I don't like loaded questions, but this one is. Its loaded because several other question must be answered before answering the original.

And no... I don't have all the answers. But I know this. The "serpent" had seed or was going to have seed soon.

buddyt

May 23, 2017
oneonta al. USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all unbelievers or unlearned.

Having started this Thread and to see the unlearned as they are I feel I need to inject a little of what is really said in Gods word.

I reminded you of this at the start of the thread. Genesis 3:3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden God hath said Ye shall not eat of it neither shall ye TOUCH it lest ye die. Genesis 3:13 And the Lord God said unto the woman What is this that thou hast done ? And the woman said The serpent BEGUILED me and I did eat. What is said here in these two verses. First look at the word TOUCH in the Strong's it's 5060 naga (naw-gah) LAY THE HAND UPON FOR ANY PURPOSE euphem TO LIE WITH A WOMAN and so forth. Now take the word BEGUILED. The Strong's number for that is 5377 nasha (naw-shaw) TO LEAD ASTRAY TO DELUDE TO SUDUCE and so on.

Having read what is written hear Ill add Genesis 3:15 And I will put Enmity between thee and the woman and between thy Seed and her Seed; it shall bruise thy head and thy shalt bruise his hell. For those who don't have a Bible Concordance Ill give you what it says about these words. ENMITY and SEED. Enmity Strongs # 342=eybah (aybaw) hostility –enmity,hatred. from the word #340 hating an adversary, enemy, foe. It's clear what is meant here. The word Seed # 2233 zera (zeh-rah) fruit plant showing time posterity carnally, CHILD from #2232 zara (zaw-rah) bear, CONCIEVE seed, set with sow (-er) yield. I don't care what you have been taught or read or seen. If you read Gods word with understanding then you will understand. Some of Gods children have blinders on as it is written.

prashanthd

Aug 16, 2013
Hyderabad, India
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Cain who was he?

Genesis 4:1
1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.

The word wife - 'ishshah
Strong's Number: 0802
meaning: woman, wife, female

The word conceived - Harah
Strong's Number: 02029
meaning: to conceive, become pregnant, bear, be with child, be conceived, progenitor

I'm clear Cain was physically the son of Adam and Eve. I do not want to be too clever to understand it the way other than it was written.

There is no question of 'open eyes and can't see' here.

The Bible is inspired by God and I understand this verse the way God wants me to understand and not any buddyt or Eastgate or anybody similar.

People come up with strange ideas (perhaps with coincidence) and they even make movies which are finally discarded as fiction all across the globe, for ever.

All glory to God,
Prashanth

P.S. There was too much of confidence being displayed in the ideas in this thread, which cannot be proved . Please discuss the things concerning the Word of God with all humility.

Reactions: 101G and Sword

buddyt

May 23, 2017
oneonta al. USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cain who was he?

Genesis 4:1
1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.

The word wife - 'ishshah
Strong's Number: 0802
meaning: woman, wife, female

The word conceived - Harah
Strong's Number: 02029
meaning: to conceive, become pregnant, bear, be with child, be conceived, progenitor

I'm clear Cain was physically the son of Adam and Eve. I do not want to be too clever to understand it the way other than it was written.

There is no question of 'open eyes and can't see' here.

The Bible is inspired by God and I understand this verse the way God wants me to understand and not any buddyt or Eastgate or anybody similar.

People come up with strange ideas (perhaps with coincidence) and they even make movies which are finally discarded as fiction all across the globe, for ever.

All glory to God,
Prashanth

P.S. There was too much of confidence being displayed in the ideas in this thread, which cannot be proved . Please discuss the things concerning the Word of God with all humility.
Have you never read John8:43-47 when you read these verses pay attention to Verse 44 and 47.