California to ban gas cars by 2035

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
California To Ban Gas-Powered Cars By 2035 - Videos from The Weather Channel
"California plan to ban the sale of gasoline-powered cars by 2035. Gov. Gavin Newsom called it one of the most significant steps toward the elimination of the tailpipe."

I'm noticing some possible global warming effects. Such as the the fact that in the past 5 weeks the USA has had 5 of the 1 in 1000 year floods. And these are floods that should only happen every 1000 years. Having 5 of them is not supposed to happen. https://www.accuweather.com/en/seve...ear-flood-event-in-us-since-late-july/1236445

So what do I think about California's ban on gas cars pending future action?

What I see is government control again. It's a blue state democrat dictator behavior. They get a problem and start dictating the public like it's not a free land anymore. Much like the COVID lockdowns.

We don't even have a viable solution to gas cars and the energy problem yet. And they're ready to ban gas cars, which will create a large amount of new problems. It's a typical democrat solution that just creates a huge amount of new problems that outweigh the solution.

We saw it with the COVID lockdowns dictated by the democrats and the liberal leaning government. And now we're all paying the price.

My assessment is that if the democrats get away with their dictating behaviors they will destroy this country.
Also flooding heaps in Australia lately, my view is, you can't ban petrol or diesel cars, until every driver can afford an electric car, pretty sure every country is a longways from that, will everyone have enough money for an electric car by 2035? Nope. Then their is the supply issue, not enough lithium mines, not enough graphite mines, etc, can they mine enough to make an ev for every driver by 2035? Doubtful.

EV has an environmental footprint too, but minus the fumes on the roads, in Canada some companies are exploring for Lithium under lakes, they then have to drain those lakes to eventually mine there, then there are other places that are also having to strip forest to mine those critical minerals if they do open cut mining. I believe they are meant to return the place to the way it was before or better, but that's gonna take some decades.

This is why I like Australia, as most of the mining takes place in the desert and you can be sure they aren't using slave labour.

Reactions: dev553344

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sie order behind this BBB dont care if billions die . And yet the masses think they do all for our good .
When the villagers arrive with tourches and pitch forks ....they are after those who think they are somehow far better than the plight of the villagers .....Dr.Frankenstein and Dracula learned that lesson the hard way ......

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the villagers arrive with tourches and pitch forks ....they are after those who think they are somehow far better than the plight of the villagers .....Dr.Frankenstein and Dracula learned that lesson the hard way ......
That aint what these should be concerned with . Due to true christains would never take up arms . Though we refuse to conform
to their pile of upmost rank dung . Vengeance dont belong to me . THAT IS WHO THEY SHOULD FEAR
JESUS IS GONNA SHOW UP and they wont like that day nor will any who followed the all inclusive we are one lie .
In the time called meanwhile , MEANWHILE have zero hope in man or any politician . HOPE IN GOD and get the TRUTH OUT while there still be time to do so .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

California to ban gas cars by 2035​

Tesla is the largest EV producer in the USA and currently manufactures around 360,000 electric cars per year.

Multiply 360,000 by 13 years to the year 2035 = 4,680,000 electric cars.

There are currently around 275 million cars and trucks on american roads.

It would take many years for EV's to replace a significant portion of fossil fuel burning vehicles in the country.

California's 2035 deadline would appear to be too optimistic for a complete transition to electric vehicles.

It would be interesting to know what calculations california used to get its numbers as it doesn't appear to be an achievable goal

Last edited:
Reactions: dev553344

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tesla is the largest EV producer in the USA and currently manufactures around 360,000 electric cars per year.

Multiply 360,000 by 13 years to the year 2035 = 4,680,000 electric cars.

There are currently around 275 million cars and trucks on american roads.

It would take many years for EV's to replace a significant portion of fossil fuel burning vehicles in the country.

California's 2035 deadline would appear to be too optimistic for a complete transition to electric vehicles.

It would be interesting to know what calculations california used to get its numbers as it doesn't appear to be an achievable goal
Equally interesting ......one state has started looking into the current freeloaders. Drivers of EV's currently pay zero road use taxes, collected when you buy gas at the pump. One state has realized ......these folks are paying ZERO .....

Most of our programmers were past automotive programmers at Beckwith. Each one said it's very easy to program to track the movements of cars and equally as easy to determine road use tax and charge the owner of the title at the end of the year ...

They will all have fits when the tax bill hits their door. If one state has decided to tax based on road use ......every state will figure this out as well.....