Calling God a creator is limiting God and time is an illusion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ThePresence

Mar 26, 2022
Denver
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that was your plan in coming to this Forum?

Impressive.

You've shown a level of intelligence here today that nobody previously gave you credit for.

Bravo.

Actually the plan was to come here and share a message. Those (such as ScottA whom you've attacked) who understood just one bit of what I said is a sign that there is grace in them. I also knew I had limited time to do so before getting banned due to the inevitable crybabies as yourself and this was my last post to get out.

You are not Christian, you are a fanatic. Being Christian goes much deeper than simply reading scripture, attending church, or merely calling yourself a Christian. I have met atheists who are more Christian than you. It is precisely the fundamentalist types as yourself that have held Christianity back from evolving because your approach to scripture is dogmatic and fear-based. Jesus is your savior because you believe you are broken. As a result, heaven and hell are no different than the carrot-stick analogy for you. To me, Jesus is a teacher. He knew he was one with God which has led to people either hating him or fanboying over him (both types misunderstood him). True Christianity is ultimately collapsing the distance between you and God.

You can call this New Age all you want, but the fact remains that you are always here-now regardless of time or location. You mentioned my level of intelligence but your level of intelligence has shown your lack of self awareness. Whether I'm rough around the edges or not, I have nothing to lose on this forum-you do. I must admit, telling me that you will 'educate' me and that I have been reported multiple times gave me quite the laugh. It is clear that elements of New Age are a threat to your dogmatism and fundamentalist views.

I am on my way now, it has been an absolute blast my beauty!

21903_4e40a74790b68ea9e092eeab891a4591_thumb.jpg

6861036-Adyashanti-Quote-There-is-more-truth-and-sacredness-in-a-blade-of.jpg

815242-Mooji-Quote-You-are-the-light-of-consciousness-and-also-the.jpg

1732835-Rumi-Quote-I-searched-for-God-and-found-only-myself-I-searched-for.jpg

Reactions: bbyrd009

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The moment you think the Bible is the absolute truth, you become no different than those of other religions who think their scriptures are absolute.
The Bible is regarded as the written Word of God. As pertains to salvation it is the absolute truth. And it does not really matter what other religions claim. Jesus claimed that He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. You can either believe Him or disbelieve Him.
Religion has been highly divisive.
That goes without saying. The battle is between Light and Darkness.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Observe the board.
There are two main things I wanted to bring up which undermine the Bible. The first one is the very word 'God' and whatever definitions are associated with it (love, creator)

This is good.
You are missing the point.

The point is...there is not only a great potential for limiting God in the words "God, love, creator", when He is actually unlimited--that many make those names a limit all the time. It is in fact such a great problem that God has even made it one of the commandments, saying, “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain." --This is good.

Rudometkin

Sep 14, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are missing the point.

The point is...there is not only a great potential for limiting God in the words "God, love, creator", when He is actually unlimited--that many make those names a limit all the time. It is in fact such a great problem that God has even made it one of the commandments, saying, “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain." --This is good.

You are obviously twisting extreme unbiblical content into something tolerable you can defend.

- "There are two main things I wanted to bring up which undermine the Bible. The first one is the very word 'God' and whatever definitions are associated with it (love, creator)"

This is not merely a warning about potentially limiting God with definitions. This is an extreme assertion that the term 'God' and all definitions of God undermine the Bible.

But the Bible uses the term 'God' and defines Him as 'Love' and 'Creator'. This means the Bible undermines the Bible.

The actual point is that the Bible undermines itself.

You have been calling it good. Why do you praise work that clearly denounces the Bible? Perhaps because you don't read it with care. This is sloppy work on your end.

Last edited:

Rudometkin

Sep 14, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is beyond all definition which means that any definition of God falls short of God, they are not completely accurate and are pointers at best.

This means the following term is not completely accurate:

- God is Creator.
Some professing Christians call this good.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are obviously twisting extreme unbiblical content into something tolerable you can defend.

- "There are two main things I wanted to bring up which undermine the Bible. The first one is the very word 'God' and whatever definitions are associated with it (love, creator)"

This is not merely a warning about potentially limiting God with definitions. This is an extreme assertion that the term 'God' and all definitions of God undermine the Bible.

But the Bible uses the term 'God' and defines Him as 'Love' and 'Creator'. This means the Bible undermines the Bible.

The actual point is that the Bible undermines itself.

You have been calling it good. Why do you praise work that clearly denounces the Bible? Perhaps because you don't read it with care. This is sloppy work on your end.
Let me first say...that your reverence toward God...is also good.

But here it is even you putting that limit on God. I explained in the simplest biblical terms defining the issue by the command of God, and you disregard it and all that the scriptures say about this problem from righteous Job and the prophets, to Jesus, who himself said of the Father, “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?”...which does not in the least undermine the Bible or God. On the contrary, it tells us not that it or He is broken or less, but more--none of which denounces the Bible.

No, it is the attempt and the natural inclination of fallen men to think of God in the limited terms of this world--even within the limits of the Bible, which without limit, is limited by confusion and the limits of language regarding the words which are only greater and unlimited by the Spirit.

But that was to change in our times. So, yes, it is good to examine ourselves and our perspective of God, and even be critical of what we are guilty of regarding God and His word. If we cannot even start to do so, how then shall we be lead into all truth, how then will we be equipped to serve? That is the limit addressed here.

On the other hand, if you simply don't like his way of expressing it--fine, say that. But do not contradict God by saying that He had no reason to command us not to do what you seem to think does not exist. It does exist. His name has been taken in vain. And He has addressed it.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay...

I have not been following along on all the comments and follow up here, but have just reviewed...and I should clarify.

The Original Post did not offend biblically. It did offend some--which is fine, admirable even, that some would so defend these thousands of years of history regarding our knowledge of God. I join you...to a point.

The point that the OP approached, in and of itself, as I said is not a problem biblically so much as it is emotionally. It is at that same point however, that the apostle Paul counselled to "press on...leaving behind the elementary principles of Christ." Surely, such a statement in your heart of hearts causes some of you to cringe. The reason it did not greatly offend at the time, even though Peter admitted it was difficult to understand, is that everything was completely new to those who heard it. Now, however, these things are so engrained in our thinking and emotions that most have even come to gloss over Paul's statement about leaving such things behind. However, that was the order of the day--and here we are millennia afterward still reluctant to fully engage "all truth." I think I shall start a new thread...

As for some of what has been written and debated here, as below...I do not concur with all:

No, I'm not manufacturing my own God. I am simply saying God is the beingness which underlies all form such as you and I. The Bible says I AM is the name of God. We all have to first say I am before we describe ourselves. Your I AM is also my I AM. Even Jesus knew he was one with God. We even live in an eternal present. Everything that has happened or could happen, takes place now.

An ocean has many waves on it but all waves are the same substance. The separation between the waves and the ocean is illusory. You are not just a drop in the ocean, but also the entire ocean in a drop.
...If this thread is not already dead, and we get to continue to discuss it--great. I do agree there is error here, and would have more to say about the quote above (post #28).

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Bible says I AM is the name of God. We all have to first say I am before we describe ourselves. Your I AM is also my I AM. Even Jesus knew he was one with God.
So are you talking about Pantheism or something else?

Degas

Mar 28, 2022
Lourdes, France
shaktilence.com
Faith
Christian
Country
France
As such, God is beyond all definition which means that any definition of God falls short of God, they are not completely accurate and are pointers at best. [...] Even to say the word ‘God’ is already saying too much.
Of course! But we need words to talk. Now, calling god the Creator isn't a definition. Being the Creator is a function of God.

The Bible also relies heavily on the existence of time with Genesis. However, time is an illusion and even Einstein has said this.
Of course, but even though there is only now, you still go by your watch at times and you still make the difference between yesterday and last year.

Could it be that the perceiving consciousness from which we derive the word ‘I’, is God?
To some extent, yes. This is exactly what it means that God created us in Their image and in their resemblance.