Calvinism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you have truly shown that you simply (a) do not believe God, (b) do not believe Scripture and (c) do not believe a proper exposition of the truth by anyone. In other words you are willing to make up your own doctrine, and resist the truth.

When you resist the truth, you resist the Holy Spirit, and that is automatically a SIN.

I choose to believe God and His Word; I am not fooled by man's doctrines of demons. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom!

26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.

29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. And again, “The Lord will judge His people.” 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

We must be born again with the divine nature of the Spirit, and then not quench Him.

Last edited:

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was re-reading John Murray's Atonement (at the VA waiting on labs). It is interesting that he identifies Augustine as rejecting the idea of Penal Substitution Theory in his focus on sovereignty and omnipotence at the expense of justification.

Last edited: