Can a person be a Christian and also believe in evolution?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No he cannot.
To believe evolution is to disbelieve the Bible.
Evolution is unbiblical.

A person can be a "christian" even though they are in error for believing that false science, the evolution theory.

The question should be, is the believer abiding in the truth and thus abiding in Him as His disciple for believing the evolution theory as a fact? No.

A lot of believers stopped believing in Jesus & the Bible and some pastors are in crisis of faith for believing the world's lies that the evolution theory is true ( which the theory of evolution is really macroevolution; NOT microevolution because microevolution was a term concocted & borrowed from the Law of Biogenesis to make macroevolution look true, but it isn't ). SO it is not true when macroevolution has never been observed nor proven.

They are still saved, but they need to go before that throne of grace as with any other error to discern by Him the truth in His words to see the evolution theory as a false science for what it is.

1 Timothy 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: 21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

Proof that that even former believers are still His can be found here which is why they are called to depart from that iniquity of unbelief or else they risk being denied & left behind to suffer the coming fire & the coming great tribulation at the pre great trib rapture when God judges His House first ( 1 Peter 4:17-19 )

2 Timothy 2:11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: 12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

2 Timothy 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already ( or any error including the evolution theory ); and overthrow the faith of some. 19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

May even former believers turn to Him at that throne of grace for help to see His words as true and why the evolution theory is a false science. If not, there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth over the loss of that first inheritance of being a vessel unto honor in His House, but God will perform a miracle to wipe the tears from their eyes to get pass that loss to serve Him as vessels unto dishonor In His House as they will bear witness of the power of God in salvation for all those who believe in Him, even in His name. John 1:12-13

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I hate saying this, but I find it is the hard-nosed, legalistic, Christians that I find are the ones that have the hardest hearts and are more unpleasant....not the whack-o's
Hahaha, you should never feel ashamed of telling the truth....I too have found the exact same thing :)

Reactions: amadeus

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
To believe evolution is to disbelieve the Bible.
Not totally........I certainly do not agree that everything just spontaneously began inventing/creating itself, but I do believe that after God saw that everything He had created, was all very good, the Bible states that He spoke a 'blessing' over it all.....Blessing means being able to prosper (adapt), grow and make more, which is exactly what we have seen in nature.....One kind of animal surely cannot suddenly become another kind of animal, but animals can adapt so they can prosper and grow and make more, just as people can.......some call it 'macro evolution' ( the ability of an animal suddenly becoming another kind entirely) as opposed to 'micro evolution' ( the ability to adapt )........

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
going to make a big deal out of stuff that doesn't need to divide us. I agree...but I do think we are best to side with and promote the truth from God
As long as people speak the real truth from above and not what they have reasoned from what they have read....:)

Reactions: amadeus and ScottA

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I met a guy that freaked OUT when I told him I hunted doves as a young man. He went off into a wild eyed tirade about doves being a HOLEEEE bird! No wonder Paul says be not many masters.

His grampa taught him doves were HO-LEEE!

Well, they're good Cooked up right.

1 Corinthians 15:39 KJVS
All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.

Reactions: Triumph1300