Can a Person be Born Homosexual?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then the Holy Bible is WRONG! If what you say is correct, homosexuality CANNOT be a SIN!"

Are people born pedophiles?

Modern thinking is AGAINST the very clear Teachings of God's Infallible Word!
Like I had already explained in my original post, I understand same-sex attraction feelings to be the same kind of evil natural feelings we have (from the fall) like anger and lust. In no way does that make the Bible wrong. These evil proclivities are a result of the fall, nothing which God originally put in man when he made them good and upright.

And just so you know, in no way do I believe that should someone have same-sex attraction, I do not believe there is no way to be free of such feelings, just as someone (like me) who is prone to anger cannot be free of this. By God's grace someone can stop having same-sex attraction. It does not happen to everyone, but it can. I was once a transgender and God did give me the gift of being freed from that frame of mind.

• Love
Reactions: marks

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I recall listening to A.M. radio late at night on a return trip driving from Ohio to back home. There wasn't anything else on the radio that was interesting, so I listened to Dr. Ruth interviewing a professed gay man. Their conversation took over an hour, and finally the gay man broke down in tears and admitted that his uncle had raped him as a young boy.

So I believe they are 'made', not 'born'. And for this reason the gay community does heavy recruiting of the young, even getting governments to pass legislation that gives them an almost a free rein adverting by teachers in public schools. But there is help for those fallen into that abomination if they will come to Christ Jesus, repent, and change their life. Apostle Paul even showed how some of them left that lifestyle after having converted to Jesus Christ.

• Love

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then the Holy Bible is WRONG! If what you say is correct, homosexuality CANNOT be a SIN!"

Are people born pedophiles?

Modern thinking is AGAINST the very clear Teachings of God's Infallible Word!
People are born with sin's corruption already in them, all the way from Adam. It's what we fight against. We're born dead in sin.

Much love!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
contemplate “man” and “woman” as allegorical in the Bible (there are no…male and female in the kingdom), and the discussions on what is translated to us as “homosexuality” (at least NT) take on a different caste, fwiw. Even digging into a Strong’s at arsenokoitai (a term that Paul may have even coined) is fairly revealing, imo

but i wonder what yall might say about one born with both sets of equipment?

Reactions: Nancy

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hows many babies do you know, who can SPEAK LIES from birth?

A newborn baby has ways of communicating before they learn words.

Languages aren't always expressed by words. For example body language.
It's just as effective for communication as speech.

A weeping, screaming, bawling, squirming, giggling, cooing, slobbering,
burping, kicking, diaper-soiling, playful baby is communicating by all that,
and wise mommies learn to interpret. The mommies who fail to pick up on
baby language are at a very big disadvantage in parenting.

Now, the thing is: there are no languages that humanity's creator is unable
to understand. He says newborns are dishonest-- our creator can say that
because He listens to babies for Himself, nobody has to tell God when a
baby is being naughty.

* Genesis 25:21-26 tells something very interesting about Jacob and Esau.
Inside the very womb those two brothers struggled for supremacy. Now that
is truly amazing, and who would've guessed?
_

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Like I had already explained in my original post, I understand same-sex attraction feelings to be the same kind of evil natural feelings we have (from the fall) like anger and lust. In no way does that make the Bible wrong. These evil proclivities are a result of the fall, nothing which God originally put in man when he made them good and upright.

And just so you know, in no way do I believe that should someone have same-sex attraction, I do not believe there is no way to be free of such feelings, just as someone (like me) who is prone to anger cannot be free of this. By God's grace someone can stop having same-sex attraction. It does not happen to everyone, but it can. I was once a transgender and God did give me the gift of being freed from that frame of mind.

all of what you describe, is life style choices. I again stress the point, that no human can be BORN, in their DNA, homosexual. No one is BORN having anger problems, which is a choice; or, as in your case "transgender", which is another evil like homosexuality, from the devil.

As the Bible is clear, that homosexuality is a SIN, there is no doubt that God has made certain, that this is not possible through birth, but what a person CHOOSES for themselves.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
People are born with sin's corruption already in them, all the way from Adam. It's what we fight against. We're born dead in sin.

Much love!

I care ZERO, what godless, wicked and sinful people in this world might say, in the guise of "science". The Holy Bible, the SOLE Word of God to the human race, is VERY CLEAR, that it is IMPOSSIBLE for any human to be INBORN as homosexual, as with other evils, lie "trans".

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
He says newborns are dishonest

Utter RUBBISH!!!

Read what the Bible actually says!

Deuteronomy 1:39, "your children, who today have no knowledge of good or evil, shall go in there"

Isaiah 1:16, "For before the child knows to refuse the evil and choose the good"

Romans 9:11, "For being not yet born, neither having done anything good or bad"

It is VERY CLEAR, that there is a time, known only to the Lord, that ALL babies/infants, that these are "innocent", they "have no knowledge of good or evil", and "neither having done anything good or bad".

Reactions: Nancy

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If people of the same sex want to engage ln sexual acts,I wont lose any sleep over it......people generally wind up doing the things that they want to do.....so "have at it" if you so choose---- just don't try to tell me that it's not a sin..... according to the Bible it's an " Abomination" .....I'll go with what the Bible says......

Reactions: ByGraceThroughFaith

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
all of what you describe, is life style choices. I again stress the point, that no human can be BORN, in their DNA, homosexual. No one is BORN having anger problems, which is a choice; or, as in your case "transgender", which is another evil like homosexuality, from the devil.

As the Bible is clear, that homosexuality is a SIN, there is no doubt that God has made certain, that this is not possible through birth, but what a person CHOOSES for themselves.
I'm sorry, but you don't understand genetics and genes and stuff like that and how they are related to characteristics that are more emotional than physical. Studies support that some people are genetically disposed to having a bad temper (Genetic determinants of aggression and impulsivity in humans - PubMed) and it is well known that certain hormones, like testosterone, are equated to higher expressions of anger (yet, not all people react in the same way to it, so that also supports a gene determinant in that character trait). Emotions are as physical as blood pressure and whether one has diabetes. These things are all influenced by chemicals such as hormones; the center of emotions is the amygdala.

I'm quite sure that there is some kind of gene combination that would dispose one more toward homosexuality; just because it hasn't been discovered yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And like I said just because we have those predispositions doesn't mean we have to act on them, and God has the power to make them more dormant just like He can mend a broken arm or cure a physical disease.

Sin includes things we are born with. It's not just what we choose for ourselves. Our whole nature is sinful, every part of it. Everything is affected by sin with the fall. Some of it is not of our choosing, but part of the curse which God has placed on everything. Physical diseases we don't have to repent of; however, it could be that we also dispose our health towards physical diseases. Someone who is prone to diabetes should have a regulated diet that one who doesn't have this sin-effect in his or her body wouldn't have to worry about. Therefore, feeding into that disease and promoting its presence in the body would also be sinful. The commandment "Thou shall not murder" includes trying to maintain our bodies in a healthful disposition.

Not that you will see it, but it may help you understand the relation of emotional choices to the manifestations of those choices (the predisposition is not sinful as in the person being responsible for the sin: just as someone having a genetic predisposition to diabetes, that part in itself in not sinful). An example is for someone predisposed to diabetes to (knowingly, though sins committed in ignorance should also be considered; like many years ago we did not know what caused diabetes) indulge in a diet that would promote this disease would be sinful. Just as someone who may have a predisposition to homosexuality, this predisposition is not a transgression on his or her part, but to feed into that same-sex attraction and indulge in feelings or actions that manifest this sin would be a transgression.

It's not quite an exact comparison, since you can have moderation with diet in diabetes and some people can control it well with medication; yet for someone to have the attitude, I don't care what happens to me I'm going to do whatever I want, and then they end up dying from the disease when it could have been prevented--well that would clearly be along the same lines of murder (just so the comparison to the "Thou shall not murder" commandment be more clearly seen, since it does seem crazy to me that indulging in a diet can be sinful--I love certain foods and I wouldn't be able to give some of them up at all, even if I did have a disease like that. But, that is clearly what God commands, to not murder which includes to not murder ourselves; and, that doesn't have to always happen by literally cutting our skin open so we bleed out or suffocate ourselves like in a closed garage with the car on. It can happen by diet too).

I care ZERO, what godless, wicked and sinful people in this world might say, in the guise of "science". The Holy Bible, the SOLE Word of God to the human race, is VERY CLEAR, that it is IMPOSSIBLE for any human to be INBORN as homosexual, as with other evils, lie "trans".
Well, you can say what you want but science is not contradicting God's word in what it shows about aggression and other emotional things being part of our genetic makeup. It rather supports God's word. Humans are born full of sin and it's too bad you can't see that. You are making a false dichotomy between the physical and emotional when both are one in the same.

Last edited:

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sorry, but you don't understand genetics and genes and stuff like that and how they are related to characteristics that are more emotional than physical. Studies support that some people are genetically disposed to having a bad temper (Genetic determinants of aggression and impulsivity in humans - PubMed) and it is well known that certain hormones, like testosterone, are equated to higher expressions of anger (yet, not all people react in the same way to it, so that also supports a gene determinant in that character trait). Emotions are as physical as blood pressure and whether one has diabetes. These things are all influenced by chemicals such as hormones; the center of emotions is the amygdala.

I'm quite sure that there is some kind of gene combination that would dispose one more toward homosexuality; just because it hasn't been discovered yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And like I said just because we have those predispositions doesn't mean we have to act on them, and God has the power to make them more dormant just like He can mend a broken arm or cure a physical disease.

Sin includes things we are born with. It's not just what we choose for ourselves. Our whole nature is sinful, every part of it. Everything is affected by sin with the fall. Some of it is not of our choosing, but part of the curse which God has placed on everything. Physical diseases we don't have to repent of; however, it could be that we also dispose our health towards physical diseases. Someone who is prone to diabetes should have a regulated diet that one who doesn't have this sin-effect in his or her body wouldn't have to worry about. Therefore, feeding into that disease and promoting its presence in the body would also be sinful. The commandment "Thou shall not murder" includes trying to maintain our bodies in a healthful disposition.

Not that you will see it, but it may help you understand the relation of emotional choices to the manifestations of those choices (the predisposition is not sinful as in the person being responsible for the sin: just as someone having a genetic predisposition to diabetes, that part in itself in not sinful). An example is for someone predisposed to diabetes to (knowingly, though sins committed in ignorance should also be considered; like many years ago we did not know what caused diabetes) indulge in a diet that would promote this disease would be sinful. Just as someone who may have a predisposition to homosexuality, this predisposition is not a transgression on his or her part, but to feed into that same-sex attraction and indulge in feelings or actions that manifest this sin would be a transgression.

It's not quite an exact comparison, since you can have moderation with diet in diabetes and some people can control it well with medication; yet for someone to have the attitude, I don't care what happens to me I'm going to do whatever I want, and then they end up dying from the disease when it could have been prevented--well that would clearly be along the same lines of murder (just so the comparison to the "Thou shall not murder" commandment be more clearly seen, since it does seem crazy to me that indulging in a diet can be sinful--I love certain foods and I wouldn't be able to give some of them up at all, even if I did have a disease like that. But, that is clearly what God commands, to not murder which includes to not murder ourselves; and, that doesn't have to always happen by literally cutting our skin open so we bleed out or suffocate ourselves like in a closed garage with the car on. It can happen by diet too).

Well, you can say what you want but science is not contradicting God's word in what it shows about aggression and other emotional things being part of our genetic makeup. It rather supports God's word. Humans are born full of sin and it's too bad you can't see that. You are making a false dichotomy between the physical and emotional when both are one in the same.

You don't understand what the Bible actually teaches

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And as we look at the aspects of "nurture" and "nature", functionally, there isn't much difference. If you bring up a child in a wrong way, that's how they develop. One child is born with out a limb, another loses one, both are missing it. One child is born with low hormone production, or high hormone production, another grows up with violence and rage, both are messed up. Both have to overcome that.

Much love!

Reactions: dhh712

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 9:11, "For being not yet born, neither having done anything good or bad"

Ps 58:3 targets children from the moment of birth rather those not yet born.
However, David goes back even further by saying he was a sinner at the
moment of his conception. (Ps 51:5)

Now that's very interesting because if David is right, then it means people
are sinners even before they sin. For example lions are carnivores even
before they've tasted meat because the processes of their conception pretty
much determine the nature of their existence, viz: they have no say in their
coming out a meat eater, just as David had no say in his coming out a
sinner before he'd even done anything wrong.

these are "innocent", they "have no knowledge of good or evil"

People need not have a prior knowledge of evil to be guilty of evil.

For example: Lev 4:22-35 requires atonement for sins of ignorance.

This again is very interesting because it means that folks who fail to take
advantage of the ransom Christ offers will have to face justice at the great
white throne event for things they had no idea at the time were wrong.

Compare David's prayer at Ps 19:12 where he said; "Who can understand his
errors? Cleanse thou me from secret faults."
_

Last edited:
Reactions: dhh712

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can a Person be Born Homosexual?

The very short answer to this, from the Holy Bible, is a resounding, NO!

Regardless of what so-called “science” may say, about some people who are born with a “homosexual gene”, the irrefutable evidence in the Infallible, Inerrant and Perfect Word of God, the Holy Bible, is very clear on this important subject.

It is IMPOSSIBLE for any human being, who is Created in the Image of Almighty God, though fallen, to be “born” as a homosexual.

In the first place, we read in Romans chapter 1, where Paul, writing under the Inspiration of God the Holy Spirit, says:

“For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due” (verses 26-27)

In this passage, we have the use of the Greek adjective, “physikós”, which is translated as “natural”. Here it has the literal root use of, “inborn”, which here means, “inherited from parents or possessed from birth”, as part of the humans DNA. God has made sure, that each and every person who is born, has from the time of conception, inbuilt in their DNA, the natural desire for the opposite sex.

In the second place, we also have the very clear Testimony of passages in the Holy Bible, where homosexuality is regarded as, and condemned as SIN.

‘You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination’. Leviticus 18:22

‘If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them’. Leviticus 20:13

‘For this reason God gave them up to dishonourable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error’. Romans 1:26-27

‘Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor persons who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God’.1 Corinthians 6:9-10

‘The law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers, for the sexually immoral, persons who practise homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine’.1 Timothy. 1:9-10

If humans can be “born” as homosexuals, then God, Who is The Righteous Judge, would not have said in His Infallible Word, that homosexuality is “SIN”. Because, if a person can indeed be “born” homosexual, as from their birth, then it is something that is outside of their control, and they cannot have a real “choice” in this.

The Word of God is clear, that homosexuality is SINFUL, and therefore not as part of the humans DNA, from their Creation in their mothers womb.

“Science” is perverting what the Holy Bible Teaches on this subject, to justify the SINFUL lives of those who CHOOSE to be homosexual, which is clearly against what God says.
I use to be rock solid sure in saying no to this. Now I am not so sure.

When God gives a people or nation over to a reprobate and darkened mind, it may just happen. Remember we are conceived with a sin nature and when God has handed people over to do those things which are not convenient, they are things found within a sinful nature. I am not so sure anymore.

Reactions: dhh712 and marks