Can an unwed mother be like Sarah? How so?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you're not married, you and Chester Cheeta can have a thing going, and there's nothing anyone can do or say about it.

This wasn't an invitation, btw.

More like a consolation if you end up not being able to contain yourself, Lol.

d6be4d8a483cf0c1d7fd90e328a01c22.jpg

Reactions: DuckieLady

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know the verse

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick,
but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life."

I don't know what verse would go in the place.

I'll write my own proverb...

Fed sourdough starter (desire) grows
But neglect it and it dies

So honestly It has been so long that I actually don't really understand the concept of romance anymore, or eros, and not kidding, reading this question my first thought was "spicy fries".
@FluffyYellowDuck, are you afraid to risk your heart again?

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I don't ever see it having ever been a good thing for me.

"Unwed" means "no husband". Which means "no application". On the other hand we have the Samaritan woman at the well...
yes

That's me
I am forgiven

This wasn't an invitation, btw.

More like a consolation if you end up not being able to contain yourself, Lol.

d6be4d8a483cf0c1d7fd90e328a01c22.jpg
LOL That thought didn't cross my mind in the very least

I love fluffy cats, though. I'll take the cat.

Last edited:

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I don't ever see it having ever been a good thing for me. In my experience there are only two ways it ends up.

It either goes in the direction of this person turned into a total life-sucking angry bitter controlling person or the direction of an emotionally unavailable, solid frozen unicorn. (Fantasy)
Did I read you correctly that your heart still desires marriage despite your previous experience?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not going to say anything, I am just going to listen.

Is it even possible?

1 Peter 3

"Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, when they see the purity and reverence of your lives.

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves. They submitted themselves to their own husbands, like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her lord. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear."

To me you have asked a good question. One conflict always is the ongoing debate over “who is being spoken to”? I can’t tell you how often I hear “that was spoken to the Jews. It applies to them only.” That is what makes your question (in my opinion)so thought provoking, by your bringing attention to this was spoken to “wives” yet can it apply also to those unmarried? Or even can it apply to virgins?

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Just for clarification since I'm past this now

I was scared and denial. Life was getting weird at the time and I went on an adventure being Mennonite, which @SERVANTedu was raised, but I wasn't and we didn't know each other at the time, so nothing made sense to me until later and I thought I was alone forever for other weird reasons, which I can't remember if I laid around in self pity about here at the time but he knows everything and all of my weird crazy stories so that makes me feel better.

Our greatest relationship thing is probably transparency, and we have been transparent, even with the really ugly parts, and I never freak out

JampackedLegalImago.webp

Reactions: Lambano