Can anyone be pleasing to God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KevinKret86

Feb 12, 2022
Daytona Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This one says something about sacrificing, which i don't really agree with except for certain circumstances.

"Bible Gateway Romans 12 :: NIV. Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship. ... Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will."

Romans 12

Bible Gateway Romans 12 :: NIV

KevinKret86

Feb 12, 2022
Daytona Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The two commandments of the New Testament.

“Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. “This is the first and great commandment. “And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Reactions: Lambano

KevinKret86

Feb 12, 2022
Daytona Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only way to be seen as righteous in God's eyes is through Jesus, either because she believed the promise of the messiah, or because she later accepted him as Savior.

There are parts to the New Testament where Jesus talks about righteous people in the days of the Old Testament.

It's too late for me to look it up, but I'll try to tomorrow.

Reactions: Nancy

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are parts to the New Testament where Jesus talks about righteous people in the days of the Old Testament.

It's too late for me to look it up, but I'll try to tomorrow.
Sure. They were following the amount of light they had. It was still that faith that made them be considered righteous.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do think when God called some "righteous" in the OT..NT too, is because they were compared to the rest of the people around them. Like when God said that Noah was righteous and blameless in his GERERATION...

"These are the records of the generations of Noah. Noah was a righteous man, blameless in his generation. Noah walked with God."
Genesis 6:9

As far as Mary goes, yes, she is honored among women but hardly divine! She was a "vessel of honor" to God, and what an honor it was for her! But sinless? Could never buy that one. She too needed a savior.

Luke 1:46
"46Then Mary said: “My soul magnifies the Lord, 47 and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior! "

"I am the Lord's servant ... may it be to me as you have said."
Luke 1:38"

Mary was willing to submit her life to God's plan, because she had the qualities God seeks, humility, obedience, willingness...

Reactions: amadeus

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
The Centurion shows us an example of how to please God.
Matthew 8:5-13