Can Covid-19 spark a revival?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ken Ham made a post of Facebook claiming that the virus is a warning from God. I think he is right. I shared his post in my blog.

A warning from God
Good.
Viruses, diseases, plagues, famines, droughts, ... ... part of the curse(s), throughout all Scripture, all time, and the curse does not come without a reason(cause).

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
revival has to come from with in.. i do not see a big revival it can happen/ what will happen you will have those who turn to God and those who turn towards God one cries out from the mouth.the other from the heart
I believe this outpouring of the Holy Spirit stirring up God's people and causing a great revival will be a hard one for many because this outpouring will contain His Fire! It will burn all the dross out of our hearts and lives, all the false doctrines, it will purify us and unite us in unity of faith.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can already see what good is coming out of this pandemic. @Triumph1300 shared a great video today on another thread, and he does not hardly ever share videos, lol. It speaks about there (at this time) being zero abortions performed, fornication is way down, filthy sex (so called "adult") stores all closed down and many other things...I will try and find the video and come back here to share.

Here it is:

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It speaks about there (at this time) being zero abortions performed
Abortions are still being performed in some states. I recently read a news report about protesters at an abortion clinic being arrested for violating orders to remain at home. It don't recall what state this happened in.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Major revival? maybe a lot more turning to Jesus in China, Iran and Iraq, like they are already doing so, but in increased numbers. And great news that testimony I recently shared has reached over a million views.

It's also great to be seeing hospitals in the USA praying to Jesus before they operate, also praying on the roof tops of hospitals, it's great to see workers in a supermarket in the Phillipines kneeling in prayer before they start their day.

Don't really see it for Australia at the moment, but maybe more personal revivals for our nation of Australia, some backslidden may come back to Christ, and I believe some Christians will be reignited into strong men and women of God. I think it's more about the ones turning to God, here in Australia.

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Major revival? maybe a lot more turning to Jesus in China, Iran and Iraq, like they are already doing so, but in increased numbers. And great news that testimony I recently shared has reached over a million views.

It's also great to be seeing hospitals in the USA praying to Jesus before they operate, also praying on the roof tops of hospitals, it's great to see workers in a supermarket in the Phillipines kneeling in prayer before they start their day.

Don't really see it for Australia at the moment, but maybe more personal revivals for our nation of Australia, some backslidden may come back to Christ, and I believe some Christians will be reignited into strong men and women of God. I think it's more about the ones turning to God, here in Australia.
Question:
About 'Spiritual Awakening / Revival' movement in
Austailian history.
- Do you have any info. / resources?
I am having difficulty.. finding it.
---
I am working on book project.
- One part of the book is on 'Spiritual Awakening ' movements
in Christian History.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Question:
About 'Spiritual Awakening / Revival' movement in
Austailian history.
- Do you have any info. / resources?
I am having difficulty.. finding it.
---
I am working on book project.
- One part of the book is on 'Spiritual Awakening ' movements
in Christian History.

When Billy Graham came to Australia he packed stadiums and hundreds of thousands were saved, also check out Smiths Wigglesworth times in Australia. Someone else will probably be able to tell you a bit more.

There was also the massive Welsh revival in Wales, of course on the other side of the world, which saw pubs, bars empty and criminal rates dropping, many people turning to Jesus and many other amazing things, which I am sure you are aware of, if you are not check out Evan Roberts.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read about 'Smith Wigglesworth.'
- He had powerful ministry..
---
Stories of 'Welsh Revival' is my favorite.
---
Billy Graham had outreach / crusades around the world.
- Not surprising..he was in Austrailia.

Thanks,

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But lets look at the natural revival, some good news, as you may have heard, pollution levels have dropped due to lock downs, waters that are usually polluted are becoming crystal clear, fish are returning to the waters. Now that's some pretty good news in these times.

Waters gone crystal clear in Venice. Residents have reported it's the first time they have been able to see the bottom in maybe 60 years

7360.jpg

fish-seen-in-clear-venice-canals-after-coronavirus-lockdown-fb4-png__700.jpg

Pollution levels drop in Italy and China
italy-pollution-levels-coronavirus-quarantine-fb4-png__700.jpg

5e5babf5fee23d7a7c4a91e2

@charity you may be interested in this sort of stuff.

Just to add to this, also just came across this video

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Thank you, @Josha, for this wonderful testimony. I have sent it on to others, and pray it will bring forth fruit to God's glory. Thank you too for the video clip concerning the effects of the corona virus upon the environment.

What a wonderful God we have! How great is His creation, so beautiful when free of man's polluting influence.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: Josho and Nancy

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess I'm confused. -- I suspect that the water in the Venice canals are murky because the algae is churned up. But if there's no boat propellers, then the algae stays along the sides and bottom, and the water becomes "clear". It's still just a polluted as before.

Now the air is different. -- The lack of manufacturing and traffic would have an actual reduction of pollution.

Or so it would seem,
Bobby Jo

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WE ARE NOT "GIVEN THIS DAY", we are told to anticipate TOMORROW:

Lke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

And if you fail to heed GOD's instructions, you will suffer the consequences:

Rev. 18:4 Then I heard another voice from heaven saying,
“Come out of her, my people,
lest you take part in her sins,
lest you share in her plagues;

But we all choose,
Bobby Jo

Psalms 118:24

“This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.”

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalms 118:24 “This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.”

Yeah, Scripture OFTEN disagrees with other Scriptures, so I keep a Sharpie® handy to blot out those verses I don't like. And in fact, my Bible is missing TWO PAGES where a young man tore them out because he didn't think they were necessary.

So if you don't like Jesus' FINAL INSTRUCTIONS before being arrested in the Garden, PLEASE Blot/Cut/Tear from your Bible! :)

Bobby Jo

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When reading the Bible first pray for some wisdom and understanding!!! Scripture NEVER disagrees with other Scriptures,

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When reading the Bible first pray for some wisdom and understanding!!! Scripture NEVER disagrees with other Scriptures,

Then OBEY BOTH, -- which is my point.

So now you can start "prepping" for TOMORROW exactly as we're instructed ...
Bobby Jo