Can Covid-19 spark a revival?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See? I am CORRECT. So PLEASE retract all the FALSE claims you've made against my POSTS!
"The focus wasn't on the disciples at that moment....it was all about Jesus.... ."

oy veh.... it made sense , potentially , even though INCORRECT,
it COULD have passed
but, EVEN if Jesus concern for the disciples was still in agreement with His Father's Plan (i.e. Jesus never forgot them)
His concern was not self-centered, NOT all about Jesus...

This , however, makes no sense at all:

That's what I said, -- that Jesus was speaking to Himself in the "third person", and NEVER intended that his DISCIPLES lacked nothing when HE sent them out, -- because Jesus was speaking of sending HIMSELF out. And when Jesus was giving HIMSELF new instructions, HE again was speaking to HIMSELF when HE would have to either bribe HIMSELF out of Jail, or be comfortable while in jail.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[Previously attributed to "Bobby Jo" by @Joseph77]: "The focus wasn't on the disciples at that moment....it was all about Jesus.... ."

oy veh.... it made sense , potentially , even though INCORRECT, it COULD have passed but, EVEN if Jesus concern for the disciples was still in agreement with His Father's Plan (i.e. Jesus never forgot them) His concern was not self-centered, NOT all about Jesus...

Which one of you is talking now? -- The one who said I was CORRECT, or the one who most recently said I was INCORRECT?

Do you have any "others" which might join the conversation?
Bobby Jo

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hahaha ooops, you did not read what you are trying to misquote.
GO back and try again....
even though you have not shown any desire to know the truth, nor to post the truth so far...
and this is just the same.

Realize, in ENGLISH (you do speak and read ENGLISH, right?)
MAKING SENSE, is quite different from being correct.
If your attitude was right, it would make sense what you posted that I said made sense,
even though it is incorrect - what you posted is in error, but "made sense" to your human fleshy mind, so it could have been understood as just an accidental error, unlike your other bold opposition to the truth in this and other threads.
Which one of you is talking now? -- The one who said I was CORRECT, or the one who most recently said I was INCORRECT?

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hahaha ooops, you did not read what you are trying to misquote.
GO back and try again....
even though you have not shown any desire to know the truth, nor to post the truth so far...
and this is just the same.

Realize, in ENGLISH (you do speak and read ENGLISH, right?)
MAKING SENSE, is quite different from being correct.
If your attitude was right, it would make sense what you posted that I said made sense,
even though it is incorrect - what you posted is in error, but "made sense" to your human fleshy mind, so it could have been understood as just an accidental error, unlike your other bold opposition to the truth in this and other threads.

Please send your other personality. This one's not rational.
Bobby Jo

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Rational" , as in worldly wisdom, is laughed at by God.

IT leads people to worship creatures, INSTEAD of Worshiping the Creator, and attempts to keep people
to be serving idols, not to be finding God's Kingdom.

Please send your other personality. This one's not rational.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Rational" , as in worldly wisdom, is laughed at by God. ...

Isaiah 1:18 “Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord...
Jeremiah 33:3 3 Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things which you have not known.

Yep, GOD is the author of confusion. There's no rational thinking or logic involved. HIS Scriptures are beyond our comprehension.

-- Can I ask what cult you're involved with?
Bobby Jo

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------" you just flat lined

Reactions: Joseph77

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not God's Wisdom, nor the attitude of Jesus as revealed in Scripture, no, this is a very good example of man's wisdom :
Yep, GOD is the author of confusion. There's no rational thinking or logic involved. HIS Scriptures are beyond our comprehension.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can I ask what cult you're involved with?
The Wisdom of This World is Foolishness With God

The Wisdom of This World is Foolishness With God
As you will see in the two verses I will list below, the Bible tells us that the wisdom of this world is "foolishness with God." Since God is all-perfect in His being and in His knowledge - then this obviously means that God is always right and that man and the world is always wrong when they are not on the same page.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is ...

1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight. As it is written: "He catches the wise in their craftiness."
1 Corinthians 3:19 ... This world's wisdom is "foolishness" in God's sight; for it is written, "He snares the wise with their own cunning." World English Bible For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, "He has taken the wise in their craftiness."

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------" you just flat lined

Some people play "church", where everyone is "sugary sweet" to each other. But Jesus rebuked his Disciples, and rebuked the religious leaders of his day. So I think I'm in good company!

Bobby Jo

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.1 Corinthians 1:27
But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong
o_O you seem to be all wise note **** seem :eek:

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I think I'm in good company!
"The way to life—to God!—is vigorous and requires your total attention. A lot of you are going to assume that you’ll sit down to God’s salvation banquet just because you’ve been hanging around the neighborhood all your lives. Well, one day you’re going to be banging on the door, wanting to get in, but you’ll find the door locked and the Master saying, ‘Sorry, you’re not on my guest list.’"

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.1 Corinthians 1:27
But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong
o_O you seem to be all wise note **** seem :eek:

I guess the "wise" person hates Scripture:

Lke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

... but the "foolish" person LOVES Scripture.

So I'll GLADLY be a so-called a "fool" for Jesus, -- and let's see who pays a consequence for their disobedience, versus who has Provision and Protection.

Rev. 18:4 Then I heard another voice from heaven saying,
“Come out of her, my people,
lest you take part in her sins,
lest you share in her plagues;

Good Luck!
Bobby Jo

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess the "wise" person hates Scripture:

Lke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.
... but the "foolish" person LOVES Scripture.
It is unknown what you love , but using Scripture as you do, disrespectfully and without integrity, indicates you are not wise nor a fool for Christ, apparently. "Mixed signals" about your faith and so forth, at best... Like BEFORE your label was changed by someone to "Christian"? and still..... mixed up....

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
3 post later you've still said nothing

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The SUBJECT is:

Lke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

3 post later you've still said nothing

You've heard nothing:

Isaiah 6:9 And he said, “Go, and say to this people:
‘Hear and hear, but do not understand;
see and see, but do not perceive.’
10 Make the heart of this people fat,
and their ears heavy,
and shut their eyes;
lest they see with their eyes,
and hear with their ears,
and understand with their hearts,
and turn and be healed.”