Can I advertise (in a post) on this website?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi,

Just wanted to know what the position is on advertising.

If I think I book I wrote would be interesting, for people on this site, would I be able to advertise it (in a post)?

Thanks.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I will try and find out for you

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It may take awhile as the time difference affects other moderators from being on line xx

Reactions: Gottservant

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It may take awhile as the time difference affects other moderators from being on line xx
....and ..Boom!....the moderators are still battling to give one guy an answer..as he is still awaiting...

Different "zones"
Lol!
J.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
....and ..Boom!....the moderators are still battling to give one guy an answer..as he is still awaiting...

Different "zones"
Lol!
J.
Just for your information I was on line early this morning, but was the only moderator on the forum, Angelina works night shift and others are in the USA where it is late into the evening. I am not sure about what was asked, so need to seek advice from someone else……could you explain what is wrong with that , and why you are complaining about it !?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Just for your information I was on line early this morning, but was the only moderator on the forum, Angelina works night shift and others are in the USA where it is late into the evening. I am not sure about what was asked, so need to seek advice from someone else……could you explain what is wrong with that , and why you are complaining about it !?
Who said I am complaining? You guys are very touchy, very, very touchy.
You have a blessed day.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You have a blessed day.
Hi,

If I think I book I wrote would be interesting, for people on this site, would I be able to advertise it (in a post)?

Thanks.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
if you honestly believe you were not complaining or having a dig then so be it, certainly sounded that way, not touchy just responding.You implied that He was ‘ still waiting ‘ ( as if he had been waiting a long time ) , my comments were to convey that I responded as soon as I came on line this morning and that others would respond to my query once they come on line………
Yes, I agree about posting in a thread but I just preferred to make sure with regards to it being okay.
Rita

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have been hit with a lot of spammers here lately, who have been immediately banned. I have a member title a thread beginning with “free” in which I removed the “free” without taking any further actions.

Obvious spammers - Are immediately dealt with
Anything else - According to the post

Your taking a chance by recommending products or businesses.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You have a blessed day.

Ah Johnann, you are very lucky that I am not a moderator. If I was, I would frog march you out the door for a time until you learnt some forum etiquette as to what appropriate behaviour on this forum, or any other forum, is.

Stirring may be okay with other members for a time, but when you cross the line for them, they have moderators to report your unacceptable behaviour, in their eyes, too.

This is, in my opinion, is a case where your nose is not needed to be poked into.

As to what the moderators will or have done with this particular question is not my concern as it does not affect me at all, but your sense of "humorous stirring" is a general concern.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
As to what the moderators will or have done with this particular question is not my concern as it does not affect me at all, but your sense of "humorous stirring" is a general concern.
Go ahead, frog march me and don't poke your nose in my Afrikaner humor.
I have never been "funny" with @Rita but if you want to stir up the moderators against me with you post, and hope this will work, I don't really care .

Your post was uncalled for old man, and in my country you wouldn't last a second.

Got that?
J.

• Angry
Reactions: Keturah

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Go ahead, frog march me and don't poke your nose in my Afrikaner humor.
I have never been "funny" with @Rita but if you want to stir up the moderators against me with you post, and hope this will work, I don't really care .

Your post was uncalled for old man, and in my country you wouldn't last a second.

Got that?
J.

You are very touchy, very, very touchy. LOL

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi,

Thanks.
Please read the forum rules. That is why they have been created, so that you don't inadvertently break them. They are found as a sticky at the top of every forum section. The CyB rules relating to advertisements are found under "Spam"

[*]No Spam. Christianity Board is a place for thoughtful discussion. This means that we are simply not interested in any product or any other solicitation for that matter, including posting across multiple forums. While ultimately under the staff’s discretion, the following are considered spam:
  • Any solicitation for any product or service. A member may post their personal site link on their signature line or on their account profile as long as it is Christian and the member has achieved the required minimum posts of ten (10)

This basically means that CyB is not interested in advertisements and will delete them accordingly....However, if you want to place a link to your personal site, you can do so on your signature line or account profile after achieving the required ten posts. We ask this so new members are not joining just to post their links and then leave. New members who create an account and then post a link to their site before achieving the required 10 posts will be considered spam and their account closed. Links in posts to your personal site or advertisements will be removed in general.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.