Can sinning can be overcome?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand.

My point was simply that death reigned. Jesus brought Life. For any man whose existence was confined to the time when death reigned did he have any hope of obtaining Life? Is/Was God really no respecter of persons? Did David, the King of Israel have hope with God as we may have hope with God? Was he not "a man after God's own heart"?
Was he not the "apple of God eye"?
Where was Hope before men knew Jesus?
Was the Messiah not their Hope? Was not Jesus the Messiah?

Did anyone follow God before the before the birth and Resurrection of Jesus? Did anyone fail to follow God during that period of time?

Much is given... much is required! So then should it not be more difficult for us today to please God than for those who lived before time of Jesus or before the time of the written Law given to Moses?
abraham believed GOD and HE counted it unto Him as RIGHTEOUSNESS .
The true sheep of israel too BELIEVED IN THE COMING of THE SAVOIR , the SALVATION OF ISRAEL .
THESE ALL DIED IN FAITH having not yet recieved that promise , BUT THEY LOOKED FOR IT TO COME , THEY BELEIVED IT .
And THEN HE DID APPEAR unto men and the sheep heard his voice and they too followed HIM
and then he said , AND OTHER SHEEP i have not of this fold , them TOO must i bring
gentiles . BELIEVE YE IN CHRIST JESUS , HAVE FAITH , Be made the RIGHTESOUNESS OF GOD IN HIM ALONE .
For there is no other way . Now let all that draws breath both praise , thank , REJOICE IN THE LORD
and if one is able , LEAP UP AND DANCE A JIG of praise ROUND the HOUSE like king david once did .
FOR WE HAVE A FAR GREATER and BETTER CONVENANT IN CHRIST JESUS
WHERE JESUS HIMSELF has entered into THE VERY HEAVENLY ITSELF to make intercession for the peoples .
LET all that has breath COME TO CHRIST , for there simply is no other name given under heaven
whereby one may be saved . Now REJOICE in the GLORIOUS LORD and in the LORD REJOICE .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Israel is called as such because they know that they struggle with God. They're the ones who admit that they're in need of guidance. I have yet to see anyone demonstrate successfully to me that they can be sinless in this life.

Hi Adam ~
Per my view and understanding, briefly;

* Human men are NOT “sinless”.
* All men are born, (in sin), SIN being, without knowledge or belief IN God.
* OT men “committed sin”, (per disbelief in God) and per violations of the Mosaic Law, they (Hebrew/Tribes) agreed to obey.
* OT men (Hebrew/Tribes), could yearly take their “sin” offering to the Temple, (per Mosaic Law), and be forgiven their past years sin, and repeat each year.

* (the Word of God), is sent forth out of Gods mouth, in a body God prepared, (in the likeness AS a (Jewish) human man), to a virgin womb, God chose, and would be born forth from that womb, (making that body that was revealed...
(According to Mans Law), a “son”, of the genealogy line, of:
Abraham, Issac, Jacob, and king David; (ie. The House of David).
* Such Mans LAW....fulfilled;
~ This one born...became:
~ Heir to Abraham’s...promised Land.
~ Heir to King David’s Throne...in Jerusalem (which God established as an “everlasting” throne.)
* This “son”....was given the name to be called JESUS.
* This “son”....was knowledge revealed...He “would be called” The Son of God.

* The knowledge revealed....WHEN God announced “THIS DAY”, Jesus was called “The Son of God”. (Johns water Baptism of Jesus).

* Jesus’ ministry begins. He solicits 12 Jewish men, to follow Him, Hear, Learn, and Become Servants of God....(they repeating, speaking, the Truth of God, into the ears; expressly of Jews first, then other Tribesmen of Israel, and any Gentiles on the fringe willing to listen, hear, learn, accept or not.)
* A Pause, of one of the 12, a devil in disguise (to the others). Betrays Jesus, and fosters the Planned Event of Jesus’ Crucifixion.
* Jesus Prepares His chosen Disciples of WHAT MUST come to pass...His Death, His RETURN to Heaven.
* Jesus challenges His Disciples, questioning them, OF WHO they really think, wonder, believe....JESUS...IS.
* Revealed Assuredness...JESUS IS: Spirit, the Christ Messiah...God IN the Flesh Likeness “AS” a man...IS: truth, way, life, savior.

* Revealed....
* Any man of the RACE of (Jew, Tribesman, Gentile)....WHO believes “IN” Jesus; is Accounted WITH JESUS....and Should any man continue to BE Accounted WITH JESUS (to the day of a mans physical death)...THEN, shall that man BE a recipient of “SALVATION”.
* Any man WHO truly believes in his HEART “IN” Jesus “IS” the Christ Messiah....AND Confesses THAT BELIEF ...
* THAT man...SHALL receive his SALVATION ... AND ... Born Again Spirit...
AT the moment he MAKES his True Heartful Confession.

* THAT mans...Salvation and Born Again Spirit....SHALL occur ONCE, be KEPT in that condition FOREVER....via the POWER OF GOD, dwelling WITH and IN that man, continuing for the duration of the mans PHYSICAL bodily lifetime.
* Once that mans BODY, physically dies: His SAVED soul, departs his body, and rises to Heaven. (Forever WITH the Lord God). His BORN AGAIN spirit, departs his body and rises to Heaven. (Forever WITH the Lord God).
* His DEAD body, returns To the earth, rots, decays; knowing nothing, feeling nothing....WAITING to be RISEN UP... in his own “GLORIFIED” perfect, SINLESS body... and his perfect-ED, saved soul and born again spirit...Returned to his “made” SINLESS BODY.

As long as a man IS STILL physically bodily ALIVE...
* and the mans soul IS Saved...
* and the mans spirit IS Quickened...(born again)
THAT MAN ... has the use of JESUS’ perfect glorified risen BODY, to ”spiritually” dwell IN.......
* CALLED...”being IN Christ”...
* CALLED...”walking IN the Spirit of God”...

Christ “IS” called...the Quickening Spirit of God, the Wisdom of God, the Seed of God.
Jesus “IS” called....the Word of God, the Spirit of (Gods) Truth.

A Human man...
IS a Body, with Blood life (that is Required to die).
HAS a Soul, (that belongs to God), with Gods Breath of Life.
HAS a Spirit, (truth in his Heart), that is natural truth, and CAN BECOME “made” by receipt of Gods SEED, born again with a NEW (supernatural) Truth; ie Gods TRUTH.

A Human man...
* can BELIEVE (to the day of that mans physical death)...IN (Jesus, that Jesus lived, Jesus died, God raised Him up.) AND After that mans Physical death, his soul will be saved, his spirit born again and After the millennial resign....God WILL raise up that mans body glorified. (1 Thes 4:14)

A Human man...
* can BELIEVE (to the day of that mans CONFESSION)...IN (Jesus IS the Christ, the Son of the Living God)...and that man WILL ... the Lord Jesus raise up in a glorified body, to SERVE with Christ the Lord Jesus, during His millennial reign. (1 Thes 4:15, 4:16)

Agree...Human men are NOT “SINLESS”...
Human men (some) ARE “Forgiven their Sin of HAVING HAD disbelief IN the Lord God Almighty”.
FORGIVEN” men “ARE”....two fold...
1) their BODY “supernaturally” WASHED, in the blood of Jesus, and Kept by the Power (Christ) of God.
2) COVERED, (by the Power of God (Christ) IN their body, Gods Power IS LIGHT, LIGHT overcomes Darkness, DARKNESS is SIN against God....which means....GOD can NO LONGER SEE the forgiven sin of darkness IN a man that such darkness IS overcome with Gods LIGHT.

God Neither SEES, nor REMEMBERS a mans FORGIVEN SIN (ie the man HAVING (at one time) NOT believed...but NOW and FOREVER DOES believe.

A Saved and Born Again man....WILL NOT BE “SINLESS”, until his body is raised up GLORIFIED, and his saved soul, and born again spirit returned to his glorified Body.
Meantime...a saved and born again man, has the word of God and power of God IN him, to be assured of his future, and comforted during the chaos and crumbling of this world.

God Bless,
Taken

sheariah07

Feb 2, 2023
Valenzuela
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I'm curious if those who are participating in this conversation is having fun or not. Cause I don't see anyway to settle this kind of discussion. Christians have the same Bible basically. All translations makes us aware of what is sin. Yet when it comes to topic of "Can we stop sinning entirely" you get different answers. I wish I could stop sinning, but this body of mine won't. What goes on inside of head won't. And it's not from a lack of asking Jesus to help fix this. So yeah.... Please tell me, at the end of the day, after having a discussion like this, has it helped you to get rid of sin, or at least reduce it from your life?
I participated in this conversation having experienced what I'm saying hoping that someone longing to be really saved from sinning might read it. Because I too struggled really hard with sins before, but now I am delivered by the power of God through Jesus.

That is the whole point of Jesus coming to the world is to save us and stop us from sinning. In the old testament, the Israelites kept on offering sacrifices and they have the law so that they know what sin is. But they cannot obey 100% the holy law because the law is holy and they are carnal, sold under sin. It's the same with us today, when you become a Christian, you try to battle with your sin and subdue it but you discover that it is just impossible. That's the reason why God sent Jesus Christ so that through faith and by dying in the flesh and denying ourselves of our will and putting on Christ, we have victory over sin and be born again. But you have to walk in the Spirit. If you walk in the Spirit, your flesh, the sinful man, dies and cannot revive anymore.

Romans 8:3-4 KJV
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: [4] That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

You said you wish you could stop sinning, and it is actually 100% possible. Jesus said, "With men, it is impossible, but with God, all things are possible." (being free from sinning included) When Jesus sets you free, you are free INDEED. You only have to believe that it is possible (faith in Christ)

The reason why we need to stop sinning here on earth is because no sinful man can see the Lord and live, we need to be holy and perfect and blameless and spotless. But we can't do it with our own might using our flesh sold under sin. That's why the Father has provided a way through Jesus that we can finally live a righteous life by being crucified with Christ and putting on Christ. In the old testament, they were not able to do this, they were shut up under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed, faith in Jesus Christ.

Galatians 3:23-24 KJV
But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. [24] Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

1 Peter 2:24 KJV
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

In order for us to save our lives and inherit life eternal, we have to lose everything here on earth, including our will. Without forsaking everything, we cannot be Jesus' disciples. I can list all the verses to prove this but it wouldn't profit anyone without it being mixed with faith.

Hebrews 4:2 KJV
For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Reactions: Hepzibah

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry but I don't believe anyone that tells me they no longer sin.
I wonder if the pharisees might have thought this about JESUS himself .
I also think people confuse the temptations of the flesh , that is the thoughts of our mind , as meaning WE are sinning .
Thoughts will arise , due to the flesh , that are contrary to GOD , but it dont mean we have to entertain such thoughts
and act them out . Example time .
A person might tick you off and you get an angry thought , But if you dont act it out , YOU didnt sin . THE FLESH produced the lust
but if we heed not the flesh but rather the spirit , WHICH DOES remind us its wrong
THEN WE DO WELL .
Let us obey the SPIRIT , not the contrary flesh

Reactions: amadeus

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just found this . OH YES i agree . Thus ye shall not hate your neighbor in your heart ,
you shall in any way rebuke, correct them and not allow sin upon them . YES i do agree indeed .
Then WHY do you judge, rebuke and supposedly correct people all the time???

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
On the inner world, or the spiritual realms it is possible to become sinless. The closer we align ourself with the Truth or, God, the more enlightened we become and the less sin we possess. Few people throughout history have achieved high stages of enlightenment from a number of faiths, Jesus being the most evident. The outer world of creation, our physicle existance however is corrupted and what is called "subject to change". Anything that is subject to change is not perfect and there for not eternal. Simply put, our body or, our "flesh" is sin itself.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry but I don't believe anyone that tells me they no longer sin.
I've come across some who say such things, or that "they've been weaned from their flesh", or things like that. It seems to me that every time someone tells me this, they also go on to make a display of themself that shows me it's not true, and they are either liars or they lack self awareness. Or I've found that they've "redefined" what sin is, or "which sins count", or something like that.

I've come across all sorts of ways people claim to others, or pretend to themselves, that they no longer sin.

I believe that we can become so fully trusting of God, and in Jesus' work on the cross to reconcile us to God, that we can overcome the sins in our life, with this caveat.

1 Corinthians 4:3-5 KJV
3) But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
4) For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.
5) Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

We are not fit judges of ourselves. Jesus, not me, Jesus, He is the one to say whether or not I've sinned. So if we are claiming to be without sin, we are claiming the ability to judge that is reserved for Jesus alone.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder if the pharisees might have thought this about JESUS himself .
I also think people confuse the temptations of the flesh , that is the thoughts of our mind , as meaning WE are sinning .
Thoughts will arise , due to the flesh , that are contrary to GOD , but it dont mean we have to entertain such thoughts
and act them out . Example time .
A person might tick you off and you get an angry thought , But if you dont act it out , YOU didnt sin . THE FLESH produced the lust
but if we heed not the flesh but rather the spirit , WHICH DOES remind us its wrong
THEN WE DO WELL .
Let us obey the SPIRIT , not the contrary flesh
With Jesus, He challenged them, oh, it must have made them angry! Who can convict me of sin? Anyone? No?

But those whom I've heard say they are sinless, they show the falseness in their words and actions.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With Jesus, He challenged them, oh, it must have made them angry! Who can convict me of sin? Anyone? No?

But those whom I've heard say they are sinless, they show the falseness in their words and actions.

Much love!
Jesus didnt challenge anyone . HE simply spoke truth .
You are loved my friend . But JESUS dont challenge us to live better or do better . He tells us to do so .
I know what you meant my friend . I also think a lot of folks who love sin make the excuse for sin .
Not SAYING YOU do that my friend . But many DO .
They cant let go of their lusts and even embrace them and thus they dont want no reminder
of the way OUT of said sin . JESUS did not come to leave us powerless to sin , WE ALREADY WERE POWERLESS IN SIN .
He came to set folks free from the BONDAGE of sin . BUT the question is , DO we really believe that
or , now think about this , OR do we believe what men say about sin .
Also there is a difference between the sins that sins and us actually being a servant to SAID SIN .
Example . THERE is no man woman or child whether believer or unbeliever that is not capable of being tempted .
ALL ARE . But for a lamb its VICOTORY over said thoughts , said lusts of the flesh , CAN BE DONE .
IF someone told you MARK GO SHOOT someone in the head . WOULD YOU JUST say , OH i am slave to my sin
I HAVE TO DO THIS . course not . SO WHY do we believe we are slaves to any voice , any lust that
springs forth from our flesh . Sin will always be present in the flesh . the thoughts of lusts will and do come from the flesh .
BUT WE AINT GOTTA SIT AND HEED IT . IF we had and have the SPIRIT , it would tell us
Even the very thought that is contrary to GOD that popped in our head BY THE FLESH is wrong .
SO , which one will one heed , THE SPIRIT that warns US , NO , NO DONT ENTERAIN that lust
OR are we gonna be the old man who was slave to said thought .
THERE IS POWER in CHRIST my friend . And if one does err , repent of it asap is my advice
CRY unto the LORD for power over that which is evil . HE will hear . ITS NOT LIKE GOD wants us to disobey him .
THERE is a savoir , CRY UNTO HIM . Now as far as lusts , we dont sin just cause a bad thought or lusts , or temptation
enters our mind , THOUGH IT IS SIN . WE SIN when we ENTERAIN IT . Let us ponder on the beauty of that for abit .
And if any man does err , CONFESS and REPENT .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus didnt challenge anyone . HE simply spoke truth .
John 8:45-47 YLT
45) 'And because I say the truth, ye do not believe me.
46) Who of you doth convict me of sin? and if I speak truth, wherefore do ye not believe me?
47) he who is of God, the sayings of God he doth hear; because of this ye do not hear, because of God ye are not.'

He put it out there . . . who can convict Me of sin? They wanted to take Him down, show Him false, so they wouldn't have to be accountable to His teaching.

Much love!

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then WHY do you judge, rebuke and supposedly correct people all the time???
because i dont hate my neighbor in my heart . READ what that said again .
IT DIDNT SAY YOU WILL HATE YOUR NIEGHBOR IN YOUR heart .
IT said you wont . and it didnt say you will just let him entertain sin , IT SAID CORRECT HIM .
Read the bible for YOU . hurry jim . i am praying good for you my friend . HURRY .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 8:45-47 YLT
45) 'And because I say the truth, ye do not believe me.
46) Who of you doth convict me of sin? and if I speak truth, wherefore do ye not believe me?
47) he who is of God, the sayings of God he doth hear; because of this ye do not hear, because of God ye are not.'

He put it out there . . . who can convict Me of sin? They wanted to take Him down, show Him false, so they wouldn't have to be accountable to His teaching.

Much love!
Oh , i misundestood what you meant . YES HE DID say that . He did tell them that .

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
because i dont hate my neighbor in my heart . READ what that said again .
IT DIDNT SAY YOU WILL HATE YOUR NIEGHBOR IN YOUR heart .
IT said you wont . and it didnt say you will just let him entertain sin , IT SAID CORRECT HIM .
Read the bible for YOU . hurry jim . i am praying good for you my friend . HURRY .
You rarely, if ever, have anything positive to say about your brothers and sisters in Christ. And you never say anything positive about those not in Christ. You set yourself up as the judge of others, implying that you alone are fit to be their judge. Saying that you don't hate your neighbor is denying what you post over and over.

The Bible clearly says (in both Testaments) to love your neighbor as yourself. You do not do that! You incessantly judge and condemn everyone, including most of those whom Christ has chosen.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You rarely, if ever, have anything positive to say about your brothers and sisters in Christ. And you never say anything positive about those not in Christ. You set yourself up as the judge of others, implying that you alone are fit to be their judge. Saying that you don't hate your neighbor is denying what you post over and over.

The Bible clearly says (in both Testaments) to love your neighbor as yourself. You do not do that! You incessantly judge and condemn everyone, including most of those whom Christ has chosen.
I wont speak well of those who speak falsehoods . I will speak well of those who speak truth .
GO ye and learn that . And before you kick me off as being a hater
TRYING reading the bible and see how paul , jude and others spoke against FALSE BRETHREN .

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wont speak well of those who speak falsehoods . I will speak well of those who speak truth .
GO ye and learn that . And before you kick me off as being a hater
TRYING reading the bible and see how paul , jude and others spoke against FALSE BRETHREN .
More of your self-righteous, holier-than-thou judgmental garbage!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand.

My point was simply that death reigned. Jesus brought Life. For any man whose existence was confined to the time when death reigned did he have any hope of obtaining Life? Is/Was God really no respecter of persons? Did David, the King of Israel have hope with God as we may have hope with God? Was he not "a man after God's own heart"?
Was he not the "apple of God eye"?
Where was Hope before men knew Jesus?
Was the Messiah not their Hope? Was not Jesus the Messiah?

Did anyone follow God before the before the birth and Resurrection of Jesus? Did anyone fail to follow God during that period of time?

Much is given... much is required! So then should it not be more difficult for us today to please God than for those who lived before time of Jesus or before the time of the written Law given to Moses?

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need the holy spirit to convict you of Sin, documentation, first Corinthians chapter 2 and psalm chapter 49:19. Most people have spirit of slumber for their protection. The wicked don't have the holy spirit or slumber. Make that distinction. Zechariah chapter 14,and revelation chapter 20, the millennium is time of teaching and discipline for the spirtualty dead. Those with free will will have chance at judgement day to get eternal life. The other group, the wicked. The wicked hate Christians, hate God and despise His laws. This group meets the 3 qualifiers for the lake of fire. Further documentation, read second esdras chapter 7. I documented this.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Can sinning can be overcome in this life with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Yes.

However, you can't overcome the flesh, or the "the power of sin is the Law", but trying to not sin.
As when you do that.... you are no different than an unbeliever trying to stop.

they can't, and you can't.
as that is your willpower, your "Flesh" that is resisting your flesh, and this causes your flesh to be STRONGER.
See, the more you resist sin, the more you think about it.
The more you dwell on it, the more it will empower your flesh to do it.

That is the "curse of the Law"........and "Jesus came to redeem us from the Curse of the Law".

So, the way you stop sinning ( giving into your flesh, or being overcome by your flesh) is by understanding the Grace of God correctly.
Its by REVELATION Knowledge, that is the Spiritual power = that is how you stop being controlled by your carnality.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

However, you can't overcome the flesh, or the "the power of sin is the Law", but trying to not sin.
As when you do that.... you are no different than an unbeliever trying to stop.

they can't, and you can't.
as that is your willpower, your "Flesh" that is resisting your flesh, and this causes your flesh to be STRONGER.
See, the more you resist sin, the more you think about it.
The more you dwell on it, the more it will empower your flesh to do it.

That is the "curse of the Law"........and "Jesus came to redeem us from the Curse of the Law".

So, the way you stop sinning ( giving into your flesh, or being overcome by your flesh) is by understanding the Grace of God correctly.
Its by REVELATION Knowledge, that is the Spiritual power = that is how you stop being controlled by your carnality.
So all the 'sinners' will be saved, I find a problem with that...

Matthew 13:41
The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;