Can You Be a Democrat and Be A Christian In Todays World?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
This Vale Of Tears said:
I know you do, for the very reasons I laid out in my last post. You think it's ok to take people's money by force and redistribute it. You absolutely LOVE Obamacare because it forces people to buy a product, thereby giving government the appropriate power over the individual you believe it should have. You see nothing wrong with gay marriage, or whatever other perversions availed to the imagination masquerading itself as marriage, and you think abortion is wrong, but nothing should be done about it and it certainly shouldn't be against the law because it's only a benign moral trespass not rising to the level of murder. You think communism is a well founded concept that has been badly executed, but the Democrat party shows how communism can indeed work for everyone.

Of course none of this, NONE OF THIS has anything to do with Christianity, but you reconcile the pitched wickedness of the Democrat party in your mind to the Christian faith, finding a way to see virtue in your ignominious party when in fact, none exists. Hell, the Democrat party could start rounding up Jews and having them registered and segregated in internment work camps and I'm sure you'll still believe the Democrat party is the "Christian option". Of course you'll deny that, but seeing as you already tender tacit approval of the Obamacare death panel, you'll warm up to even greater atrocities, demonstrating the WHY behind those who believed the German Nazi party was also the "only Christian option."

You'll always be blind to the evil of the party to which you render vacuous, unqualified support.
Goodwin's Law. You lose. :p

Seriously though, I don't think I've ever seen a more ridiculous "conversation" in my life. I think it needs just a little bit more hyperbole....and large fonts. :rolleyes:

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
River Jordan said:
Ha............ya just showed yourself................he hehehehe...You will know my people by their fruits......Hale satan! lets see...should I use #14 font....or #24...hmmmmmmmmmm so many choices.............actually there is not enough......and we need more smiley faces.

moderators??? chop chop
oooooooops........must have typed all that in her reply box..........ahhhhhhhhhhh she didn't say that...even though she should have....get my drift :)

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
River Jordan said:
I'm sure everything I said to Aspen applies to you too, along with all Leftists who think that Christ and Belial are Facebook friends. I have nothing but harsh words for any Christian who dances with the devil, justifying wickedness and attempting by moral clammishness to harmonize good and evil. You promoting gay marriage and who knows what other abominations puts you firmly in this category. It's no wonder you felt my post was directed at you.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
StanJ said:
and I thought I was angry....man some of you guys need to be on meds!
Doesn't seem to help.....

psych-drugs-e1396899739600.png

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
politics is all contrived. i believe in the ideals of the democratic party, when it comes to social justice - doesnt mean i thinks they are particuliarly effective at carrying out these ideals.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
aspen said:
politics is all contrived. i believe in the ideals of the democratic party, when it comes to social justice - doesnt mean i thinks they are particuliarly effective at carrying out these ideals.
The social justice Jesus taught and the whorified version of it taught by Democrats are very different things. I think there must be a rational side of you that understands this.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the democratic party is not inspired - it is not even inspiring, but its ideals are centered around the poor. not defying logic, throwing out reason redefinig terms in oder to protect the 1 percent. i do not have much faith that you will ever be able to see this.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
StanJ said:
and I thought I was angry....man some of you guys need to be on meds!
That's one of the key characteristics of fundamentalists...anger. And oftentimes it's driven by fear.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
This Vale Of Tears said:
Doesn't seem to help.....
It sure does if you get proper diagnosis and are prescribed the proper medication. I am clinically depressed and have been for 20 years now. You can ask my 4 kids how much better I am than when they were at home.
River Jordan said:
That's one of the key characteristics of fundamentalists...anger. And oftentimes it's driven by fear.
I really do hate labels RJ but have to agree with you to a point. I perceive myself as being fundamental as the scripture goes, but NOT as traditionalists go. Traditions of men are always the downfall of the church. The seven last words of the church will be, "We've never done it that way before."
This Vale Of Tears said:
The social justice Jesus taught and the whorified version of it taught by Democrats are very different things. I think there must be a rational side of you that understands this.
Again, NOT the issue. How people do it wrong is not our concern, as believers in the BoC. How we DO it right, IS.