Can You Be a Democrat and Be A Christian In Todays World?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
I think not...............especially when the democratic party....took a vote on taking God out of their platform.....and the yeas had it. But again...most democrats don't have a clue what's going on with their country.....I mean look who they voted in.
Actually this administration is totaly against anything God is for.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
I agree with you, RANDOR, though I hardly think the Republican Party glorifies God either. But Democrats are pushing gay marriage, legalizing drugs, abortion, euthanasia, communism, tyranny, and a welfare state that weakens us as a country. And that's not even getting into the transgender boys having a "right" to use the school girls room that my daughter is in. The perversion knows no bounds!

And at the heart of that is a hostility toward God that found a voice when God was "booed" during the Democrat convention in Denver. The Democrats have become a cauldron of wickedness that shuns all virtue and lusts for every wickedness under the sun. I can't see reconciling being a Christian with being a Democrat.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I guess I would be the first yes.

It's complicated. I think we should be very careful of associating any political party with the elect. Even though the group is rapidly shrinking, I know many blue dog Democrats who are Democrats because some of the economic issues. I understand that the political party is really distancing itself from what it once was, but to label anyone involved as unsaved goes too far. We have to rend this notion that political affiliation = level of Christianity.

Do not judge the unChristian world by Christian standards, because it will surely fail. It's red meat, pun intended.

If you're a Republican, are you tainted because some Republicans are pro choice? Trust me, you don't want to go down that path, because chances are all of us know, love and even support people who would hold contrarian positions to the Bible.

Reactions: Angelina

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
HammerStone said:
Well, I guess I would be the first yes.

It's complicated. I think we should be very careful of associating any political party with the elect. Even though the group is rapidly shrinking, I know many blue dog Democrats who are Democrats because some of the economic issues. I understand that the political party is really distancing itself from what it once was, but to label anyone involved as unsaved goes too far. We have to rend this notion that political affiliation = level of Christianity.

Do not judge the unChristian world by Christian standards, because it will surely fail. It's red meat, pun intended.

If you're a Republican, are you tainted because some Republicans are pro choice? Trust me, you don't want to go down that path, because chances are all of us know, love and even support people who would hold contrarian positions to the Bible.
We are where we are today....by lame Christian thinkin...................not you HammerStone...but in general.......
Yes, you are correct......we need to bring God back......not let people in high places change God in front of us.......and to have a president say God Bless America.....and then do everything that God is against...................well.....................when is it going to be the last straw?

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God puts up kings and puts down kings.

Governments and those in authority protects the citizenry. In this sense we ought to pray that they govern the nations wisely.

Iti 3:1-3

1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of
thanks, be made for all men;
2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all
godliness and honesty.
3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

Titus 3:1

Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work”

To God Be The Glory

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Jun2u said:
God puts up kings and puts down kings.

Governments and those in authority protects the citizenry. In this sense we ought to pray that they govern the nations wisely.

Iti 3:1-3

1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of
thanks, be made for all men;
2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all
godliness and honesty.
3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

Titus 3:1

Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work”

To God Be The Glory
yep...I agree..............and we have................but our so called king...(United States)..........even covers the crosses or anything that pertains to Christ when he goes out campaigning...........sheeeeeeeesh that's all he does is campaign...and for everything God is against.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
shturt678 said:
Thank you folks for caring!

Good info. for me as never was in this area very much, ie, thank you folks.

Old Jack learning new perspectives.
HUH?....Jack....you had better wait 30 minutes after your nap before ya post :D

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
shturt678 said:
You busted me again, ie, 'resting' in our Lord too much waaay beyond the 30 - going to have a cup of just found out about 'Index' coffee, and should then get some nimbleness and coherency going?

Old 'resting' in the Lord too much Jack eating his 'Post' Flakes cereal
Jack..............you can be a democrat.....but then you don't know Jesus
Jack..............you can be a Christian......but then you don't know your party.

But both together........................................makes satan happy happy happy

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
RANDOR said:
Jack..............you can be a democrat.....but then you don't know Jesus
Jack..............you can be a Christian......but then you don't know your party.

But both together........................................makes satan happy happy happy
I can assure you of one thing, having you as my brother in Christ, the Antichrist is lurking around every corner waiting for an opportunity - I don't give um one.

I thought all were born alike, then I found out about the democrats and republicans.

Slow on the uptake Jack

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
RANDOR said:
I think not...............especially when the democratic party....took a vote on taking God out of their platform.....and the yeas had it. But again...most democrats don't have a clue what's going on with their country.....I mean look who they voted in.
Actually this administration is totally against anything God is for.
Of course you can...it only depends on what your political ideologue is. This has nothing to do with one's religious convictions. The problem IMO, in the states is that many link their political ideologues with their religious beliefs. I'm not putting down Americans, just making an observation. I would be much more concerned being attached to the GOP if I was a U.S. citizen. It's not the party that makes the Christian, it's the Christian that makes the party, better.
My political ideologue in Canada, is Liberal. That is NOT the same thing as being a liberal Christian, which I am not. If anyone thinks God's nature is more Republican than Democrat, I suggest you read how the OT gave place for people to get a new financial start every seven years and how much responsibility rich men had. It was far for Democratic in that regard, than Republican.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
StanJ said:
Of course you can...it only depends on what your political ideologue is. This has nothing to do with one's religious convictions. The problem IMO, in the states is that many link their political ideologues with their religious beliefs. I'm not putting down Americans, just making an observation. I would be much more concerned being attached to the GOP if I was a U.S. citizen. It's not the party that makes the Christian, it's the Christian that makes the party, better.
My political ideologue in Canada, is Liberal. That is NOT the same thing as being a liberal Christian, which I am not. If anyone thinks God's nature is more Republican than Democrat, I suggest you read how the OT gave place for people to get a new financial start every seven years and how much responsibility rich men had. It was far for Democratic in that regard, than Republican.
Good post Stan......thanks for replying.........don't like either party now days..............but it is the liberals who are kicking God out of our country not the conservatives.
Sooooooooo,,,,,,,,,, no...ya can't be a Christian if you are a liberal............most liberals in our nation are on government handouts....that's why we are where we are today........So lets say i'm a liberal Christian..............actualy that is becoming an oxymoron................
And I love Jesus with all my heart..................but my party is kicking God out, All for abortions, All for homosexuals, taking God out of the schools.....on and on and on and on and on. So I being a Jesus lover..........how can I stand with that party..that is against everything God is for?

At least that is the way it is here in America..........................and that's why it is falling.

But most liberals don't pat any attention to their party anyway.........so if they be Christian.....they don't know what is happening to their country.

Now......................in years past...............sure you could be a Christian................but no way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IN 2014

This administration we have now........have a form of religion.............but deny the power.......hmmmmmmmmmmm what does the word say about that....have nothing to do with them.........................and we don't.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
RANDOR said:
Good post Stan......thanks for replying.........don't like either party now days..............but it is the liberals who are kicking God out of our country not the conservatives.
Sooooooooo,,,,,,,,,, no...ya can't be a Christian if you are a liberal............most liberals in our nation are on government handouts....that's why we are where we are today........So lets say i'm a liberal Christian..............actualy that is becoming an oxymoron................
And I love Jesus with all my heart..................but my party is kicking God out, All for abortions, All for homosexuals, taking God out of the schools.....on and on and on and on and on. So I being a Jesus lover..........how can I stand with that party..that is against everything God is for?
At least that is the way it is here in America..........................and that's why it is falling.
But most liberals don't pat any attention to their party anyway.........so if they be Christian.....they don't know what is happening to their country.
Now......................in years past...............sure you could be a Christian................but no way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IN 2014
This administration we have now........have a form of religion.............but deny the power.......hmmmmmmmmmmm what does the word say about that....have nothing to do with them.........................and we don't.
Well, as I clearly pointed out, that politically I am, then your observation is flawed and inflammatory at the least. You are still linking political liberals with so-called Christian liberals, and they are NOT the same thing.
Democrats/Liberals are NOT against God as a party, they simply don't allow themselves to govern by their religious beliefs. ALL citizens should be treated equally in both our countries, regardless of their religious views or orientation. God is not a respecter of persons and neither should we be as Christians.
The only countries that are failing or falling are the ones that want to legislate morality, or are totalitarian in nature. I'm sure you can figure out who those countries are. They're in the news just about every day.
Sadly you seem to have a very narrow and uninformed view of those who don't agree with your politics.
Paul teaches to have nothing to do with Christians who try to bring in unacceptable practices INTO the church. We are to judge those practices and those people and if required, boot them out. God will judge and take care of those outside the church. 1 Cor 5:12-13 NIV

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
StanJ said:
Well, as I clearly pointed out, that politically I am, then your observation is flawed and inflammatory at the least. You are still linking political liberals with so-called Christian liberals, and they are NOT the same thing.
Democrats/Liberals are NOT against God as a party, they simply don't allow themselves to govern by their religious beliefs. ALL citizens should be treated equally in both our countries, regardless of their religious views or orientation. God is not a respecter of persons and neither should we be as Christians.
The only countries that are failing or falling are the ones that want to legislate morality, or are totalitarian in nature. I'm sure you can figure out who those countries are. They're in the news just about every day.
Sadly you seem to have a very narrow and uninformed view of those who don't agree with your politics.
Paul teaches to have nothing to do with Christians who try to bring in unacceptable practices INTO the church. We are to judge those practices and those people and if required, boot them out. God will judge and take care of those outside the church. 1 Cor 5:12-13 NIV
StanJ said:
WOW! That was quick Stan...................Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm we sure know a lot of liberal democrats that just found out in just the past year and a half what their party was doing ......They all said......we can't be a part of this....the nerve....saying Godbless America and passing all these bills which make satan happy.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Here's how I look at it....

If I align with the GOP: Bomb everything and everyone (dead kids are "acceptable collateral damage"), "everyone for themselves" economic philosophy, borderline and at times overt racism, "justifiable rape", science denialism.

If I align with the DNC: Well, I'm not really sure what they're explicitly for. Abortion? I wouldn't call them "pro-abortion" in the sense that they want everyone to have abortions. More like "If you choose to have an abortion, you should have that option available", which since I've seen instances where I felt it was justified, I can agree with. Gay marriage? As we've covered in other threads, there's no legal reason to deny gays the ability to marry. Taxes? From what I've seen, they're advocating higher taxes on the wealthy, which I think is long overdue. Generally the DNC (compared to the GOP) is pro-environment, pro-science, pro-minorities, and pro-woman. I can support that. Unfortunately, I think much of the DNC is as aligned with the financial industry as the GOP, and equally in bed with corporate interests.

So while I'm a registered independent and I do vote a split ticket, I trend towards Democrats. But that's mostly because the Republicans I see are so far to the right and there are no other viable alternatives.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Now we see why you keep looking for the water..........wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............. :D

LIBERALS: ... Abortion is GOOD, Executing convicted Murderers is BAD
LIBERALS: ... Getting Robbed & Murdered is GOOD, Owning a Gun is BAD
LIBERALS: ... Islam is GOOD, Christianity is BAD
LIBERALS: ... Higher Taxes are GOOD, Lower Taxes are BAD
LIBERALS: ... Communism is GOOD, Capitalism is BAD
LIBERALS: ... Gay 'Marriage' is GOOD, Traditional Marriage is BAD
LIBERALS: ... Black People are GOOD, White People are BAD
LIBERALS: ... Welfare is GOOD, Working for a living is BAD
LIBERALS: ... illegal Aliens are GOOD, Americans are BAD
LIBERALS: ... Sharia Law is GOOD, The U.S. Constitution is BAD
LIBERALS: ... Homosexuals are GOOD, Heterosexuals are BAD
LIBERALS: ... Teaching Kids about Sex is GOOD, Teaching about God is BAD
LIBERALS: ... Teaching Evolution is GOOD, Teaching Creationism is BAD
LIBERALS: ... Atheism is GOOD, Believing in God is BAD
LIBERALS: ... High Energy Prices are GOOD, Drilling for Oil and Gas is BAD
LIBERALS: ... The Mutant Federal Government is GOOD, Freedom is BAD
LIBERALS: ... Traitors are GOOD, Patriotic Veterans are BAD
LIBERALS: ... Anti-American Communist Obama is GOOD, Bush is BAD

That's not how I see it..................That's how it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In 2014.......but years past...................they were not this corrupt...
Hmmmmmmmmm I wonder if it has anything to do with having their own form of religion..........or none at all.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
RANDOR said:
WOW! That was quick Stan...................Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm we sure know a lot of liberal democrats that just found out in just the past year and a half what their party was doing ......They all said......we can't be a part of this....the nerve....saying Godbless America and passing all these bills which make satan happy.
Come on Randor...this is just ranting. As I said the two are not synonymous with each other, no more than Christian and Republican are.
Apparently you are too young to remember Richard Nixon and all his escapades? One thing positive did result from that fiasco, a lot of those Republican crooks got saved.
Governing is for ALL the people, not just for Christians. Our time will come in the 1000 year reign of Christ and the new Jerusalem.