Can You Be Righteous

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Xian Pugilist

Aug 4, 2012
The Law of the Spirit, continued.

Just wanted to "top off" some thoughts on my last post on the Law of the Spirit.

The Law of the Spirit is a principle or governing force operating within man. It is a principle that not only governs his behavior, but also a power that overcomes desires that would lead to sin. The Law of the Spirit is like light that drives out darkness, like life that overcomes death, like the law of aerodynamics that overcomes gravity. "For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death" (Romans 8:2).

This law of the Spirit operates within the life dwelling in Christ, for it is "the law of the Spirit of life in Christ." That life was a righteous life; in all things He submitted to the will of God. When John the Baptist hesitated to baptize Him, He revealed His heart with these words, "Suffer (permit) it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness..." (Matt 3:15).

It is no surprise that the Spirit of God descended upon One whose intent of heart was to fulfill all righteousness.

"And if Christ be in you, ...but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. (Romans 8:10).

If one lives by His life, he will live by "the law of the Spirit" which was in His life. Here is righteousness, and here is life for the spirit of man. Note that this verse clearly says that "righteousness" is the life of the Spirit. Therefore, we can conclude that there is no spiritual life apart from righteousness. One must allow His laws to be written on the heart and in the mind, this is the work of the Spirit.

"But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows" (Heb 1:8-9)

The law of the Spirit of life in Jesus Christ loved righteousness and hated lawlessness (iniquity).

This will be a defining mark or character trait in the lives of those who have the Spirit.

Axehead

And that life he lives is the result of the change made in him, not something a person does to claim they are changed.

You can Act Xian all day long and it accomplishes nothing but give you a false sense of accomplishment .

There is way to much acting and less sincerity.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
And that life he lives is the result of the change made in him, not something a person does to claim they are changed.

You can Act Xian all day long and it accomplishes nothing but give you a false sense of accomplishment .

There is way to much acting and less sincerity.

Yep, there are two sides of the coin and thank you for continuing to provide the "other side." What you are saying is that many draw near to God with their lips but their heart is far from Him. So, how can God use us to strengthen and encourage our brethren?

2Tim 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Axehead

Axehead

May 9, 2012
We Are Transformed by His Righteousness
"that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." (II Cor_5:21)

"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind..." (Rom_12:2)

Abiding in Christ
That is an amazing prospect "that we ... might be made the righteousness of God in Him!" To "be made" righteousness is more than a legal standing; rather, we come to partake of His righteousness and become what He is.

"Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature..." (2Pe_1:4 )

When we consider that all righteousness is in Him - all that was revealed in creation, all that was revealed in the Law, and all that was revealed in reconciliation; can it be possible that we become the righteousness of God in Christ?

The believer stands in a twofold relationship to Christ. First, "Christ in you" refers to Christ's entrance by the Holy Spirit. For "Christ in you" is the Holy Spirit in you judging sin in the flesh, purging with fire, circumcising the heart, writing God's laws upon the heart and mind; here is "the hope of glory" (Col 1:27).

In the second aspect, one abides "in Christ" and experiences the transformation of His righteousness. Whereas the first aspect can be immediate and radical, here one enters into a process of change which we can refer to as transformation. This aspect is described by Jesus as abiding in Him; "Abide in me and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me" (John_15:4).

In Christ one becomes a partaker of divine nature and experiences His righteousness which transforms the human nature (II Pet 1:4).

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Pretty awesome having the Lord on the inside isn't it Axehead. :)
Never thought you'd be born again after being born again ;)

I dislike a winking eye but that's all I have available.

Fight the good fight brother, or should I say Jesus in disguise

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Pretty awesome having the Lord on the inside isn't it Axehead. :)
Never thought you'd be born again after being born again ;)

Fight the good fight brother, or should I say Jesus in disguise
:)

But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Rom_10:8-10

ahhh, the simplicity of Christ!

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi Rex,

I feel the same way, because the Bible has nothing endearing to say about those who wink.

Proverbs 6:13 He winks with his eyes, he speaks with his feet, he teaches with his fingers; 14 Frowardness [is] in his heart, he deviseth mischief continually; he sows discord. 15 Therefore shall his calamity come suddenly; suddenly shall he be broken without remedy. {sows: Heb. casts forth}

Proverbs 10:10 He that winks with the eye causes sorrow...'

Hi Axehead, :)

The believer stands in a twofold relationship to Christ. First, "Christ in you" refers to Christ's entrance by the Holy Spirit. For "Christ in you" is the Holy Spirit in you judging sin in the flesh, purging with fire, circumcising the heart, writing God's laws upon the heart and mind; here is "the hope of glory" (Col 1:27).

This is a good statement, and, the way you've explained both 'Christ in' us, and us 'in Christ', is helpful.

John 15:'... my Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in me that bears not fruit he takes away: and every [branch] that bears fruit, he purges it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

The renewing of the mind - 'be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind' - does not happen in isolation.

It will be the natural consequence of what should be one's natural response to having been redeemed to God by the blood of Christ - the offering of one's whole being, a whole-hearted thanksgiving sacrifice.

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, [which is] your reasonable service. 2 And be not conformed to this world... that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1 Thessalonians 4:1 Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, ye would abound more and more. 2 For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus. 3 For this is the will of God - your sanctification - that ye should abstain from fornication: 4 That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;

Paul understood and spoke directly to an issue which faced these former idolaters 1 Thess 1:9, and he didn't cut them any slack. He expected them to cease from fornication, knowing this is how they would 'prove that good and acceptable and perfect will of God'. It was a radical - but loving - instruction, like that which Jesus had given the rich young ruler (to 'sell all' that he owned, in order to be freed from his particular idol, wealth; Mark 10:'... and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me'). The rich young ruler went away sorrowful, but we, if we obey Him, can expect to go on our way, rejoicing! If our temples (bodies) are to be filled with the glory of God, they should be wholly yielded to the Lord for His purposes.

1 Kings 8:10 And it came to pass, when the priests were come out of the holy [place], that the cloud filled the house of the LORD, 11 So that the priests could not stand to minister because of the cloud: for the glory of the LORD had filled the house of the LORD. 12 Then spake Solomon, The LORD said that he would dwell in the thick darkness. 13 I have surely built thee an house to dwell in, a settled place for thee to abide in for ever.

If we would get out of the way (embrace the cross), the glory of the Lord will settle in us, and abide in us for ever.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Hi Rex,

I feel the same way, because the Bible has nothing endearing to say about those who wink.

Proverbs 6:13 He winks with his eyes, he speaks with his feet, he teaches with his fingers; 14 Frowardness [is] in his heart, he deviseth mischief continually; he sows discord. 15 Therefore shall his calamity come suddenly; suddenly shall he be broken without remedy. {sows: Heb. casts forth}

Proverbs 10:10 He that winks with the eye causes sorrow...'

AMen and thank you,
I added my comment knowing you and axehead know that as well. I didn't feel the need to explain it.
But speaking proverbs is the spreading of knowledge of the Holy One, and in that I delight.
Proverbs 8:29-31

Reactions: Joseph77
Nov 9, 2012
Has the church given up on personal righteousness?

Does God require men to be righteous or is it something that is impossible so we just say “I am righteous because of Jesus Christ?”

If Christ came to make men righteous, how does one experience righteousness as a work of the Spirit?

1. Is righteousness supposed to be an experiential reality in our lives or not?
2. Is there such a thing as the transformation of righteousness in a believer?

I believe there is because without righteousness the glory of God will not abide among men. It is not enough to be "declared righteous" and to say we are "justified", there must be real fruit.

There must be some manifestation of the work of righteousness by the Spirit in a person. Otherwise, there is no reality of Christ in our lives and we just continue down the "happy" road of deception.

As the Church today is praying for revival the words of the prophet still speak with clear direction.

The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God (Isa 40:3)

Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain: (Isa 40:4)

And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. (Isa 40:5)

True believing leads to the inworking (sanctification) and the outworking of our faith (true works authored by the Holy Spirit).

Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. (John 15:14)

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. (Rom 8:14)

Axehead

Our New Life Is Christ's Life

On the night before He was crucified, Jesus met with His disciples in the upper room. Among other things, He taught them how to continue to live His life after His departure.

He first gave them a marvelous object lesson in humility and service. He laid aside His outer garments and washed their feet, as if He were a slave (John 13:13-15). He made it clear that His disciples should have His attitude of purpose. "Not to be ministered unto, but to minister" (Matthew 20:27,28)

Next, He gave them a single "new commandment" to live by. He told them to love others as He loved them (John 13:34,35). He had concerned Himself about their welfare, He had comforted and counselled them, He had prayed with them and for them, and He had even declared publicly that they were as dear to Him as His own family. Now He commanded His disciples to treat others the same as He had treated them.

He promised them that they would do greater things than He had done (John 14:12), and warned them that they could expect to suffer as He had suffered. Though Jesus was about to depart at the time of this promise, His work would not end. He told His disciples they should pursue His work as vigorously and successfully as ever, and that work continues to this day.

Also, every committed disciple suffers in some way because of his commitment, even today. He can expect to be rejected by many, and mistreated by some.

There is an essential difference between a believer and the world. This difference incites the contempt of the world, and ignites the flame of hatred in the spirit that is in the world.

Finally, He assured them they would receive another Comforter, who would be for them as He had been. It was His promise to send the Holy Spirit to guide, to empower, and to teach them to walk in this newness of life (John 16: 12-25).

Without the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit, the disciple's life would be filled with frustration. Because of the presence of the Holy Spirit, the disciple is treated to the steadfast love and faithfulness of God in a new way every morning (Lamentations 3:23)

The Apostle Paul frequently revealed the mystery of:

To the Colossians, he revealed the mystery of:
"Christ in you, the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27)

To the Galatians, he testified:
"I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me." (Galatians 2:20)

To the Philippians, he summarized it all by saying:
"For me to live is Christ" (Philippians 1:21)

To the Romans, he explained:
"For if we have been planted together in the likeness of His death, we shall be also in the likeness of His resurrection". (Romans 6:5).
  1. How would I describe humility?
  2. If I have not been ordained, how can I become a minister?
  3. How could I possibly learn to love others as Jesus loved them?
  4. What kind of suffering can I expect to experience as a disciple of Christ?
  5. How do I feel about the presence of the Holy Spirit?
  6. In what way do I need the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit?
William T Hannaford

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Abiding in Christ

The Tabernacle of the First Covenant is a type of Christ and illustrates in a symbolic way how one enters and abides in Him. Before entering the Tabernacle one must pass through the outer court. This was enclosed with white linen curtains that stood higher than a man's head. Just inside the entrance into the court yard there was the large brass altar. And between the altar and the tabernacle was the laver. These are significant because they show how one is prepared to come into Christ. They speak of the threefold provision of God's righteousness for the sinner.

First, the white linen curtains speak of the righteousness which God is, the righteousness in which the believer stands, and the righteousness which God requires of every person who would be in right relationship with Him. The sinner could only pass through the curtain of righteousness with a blood sacrifice. By blood he was separated from the world and stood in God's righteousness (Hebrews 13:12). Today, through the sacrifice of Christ on the Cross, one receives the remission of sins and is brought into God's righteousness. This is "the gift of righteousness," by which the sinner stands righteous before God (Romans 5:17).

The natural quality, as well as the process of making the linen fabric is important to understand the work of righteousness. The flax of which linen is made is the strongest natural fiber, and when placed in the sun becomes whiter and whiter. In the process of making linen, it is first pulled up, bundled, and laid in the sun to dry. Then it is soaked in water, dried, and beaten with heavy clubs to separate the fibers. Last, the fibers are woven together. The nature and work of righteousness can be compared to this process. There is separation, all the works of the flesh must dry up. The fibers of one's soul must submit to the pounding of truth until there is a weaving together with others into the purposes of God.

Righteousness brings one into God's purposes!!

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi Axehead,

I've been meaning to get back to this last statement you made:

There is separation, all the works of the flesh must dry up. The fibers of one's soul must submit to the pounding of truth until there is a weaving together with others into the purposes of God.

Righteousness brings one into God's purposes!!

When you say 'until there is a weaving together with others', if you mean other believers - in respect of righteousness itself - I don't think they have anything to do with it. But............... If you meant once our own robe of righteousness is in place, which is made of fine white linen, kept clean by laundering it in the blood of the Lamb, then maybe. It is striking to me that in the verses in Revelation, the individual status of each person arrayed in white, is not lost to a bigger picture of mystical unity.

Revelation 3:4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.

Revelation 3:5 He that overcomes, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Revelation 4:4 And round about the throne [were] four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

Revelation 7:13 . And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? 14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sits on the throne shall dwell among them.

It is very much upon the individual believer to stay right with God, or take the steps open to him/her to be restored to rightness with God.

The following verse is a stark reminder of what God expects of sons. Persistent disobedience = Irrevocable disinheritance. No kidding around.

Luke 13:28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you [yourselves] thrust out.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Hi Axehead,

I've been meaning to get back to this last statement you made:

When you say 'until there is a weaving together with others', if you mean other believers - in respect of righteousness itself - I don't think they have anything to do with it. But............... If you meant once our own robe of righteousness is in place, which is made of fine white linen, kept clean by laundering it in the blood of the Lamb, then maybe. It is striking to me that in the verses in Revelation, the individual status of each person arrayed in white, is not lost to a bigger picture of mystical unity.

Hi dragonfly,

I almost forgot this question that you had asked. It's been so busy on CyB, lately. No, I did not mean that in "respect to righteousness" but rather in "respect to God's purposes". The Holy Spirit is working in all of our lives to bring us into maturity.

Eph_4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Amo_3:3 Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

and

2Co 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

It is very much upon the individual believer to stay right with God, or take the steps open to him/her to be restored to rightness with God.

Amen!!

Axehead

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi Axehead,

Thanks for clarifying that. :)

That picture of the process through which flax goes, in order to begin to become fine white linen - an extremely strong natural fabric - is a great picture of the righteousness of God: dense in its purity.

It also reminds me of
Romans 1:4 And declared the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

and

Romans 3: 21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

We think of the law as being relatively recent, but the standard was always in God's heart. He was always intolerant of sin! And that intolerance was frequently the reason that prophets were calling on the people of Israel to repent so as to remain in relationship with Him.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Hi Axehead,

Thanks for clarifying that. :)

That picture of the process through which flax goes, in order to begin to become fine white linen - an extremely strong natural fabric - is a great picture of the righteousness of God: dense in its purity.

It also reminds me of
Romans 1:4 And declared the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

and

Romans 3: 21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

We think of the law as being relatively recent, but the standard was always in Gods heart. He was always intolerant of sin! And that intolerance was frequently the reason that prophets were calling on the people of Israel to repent so as to remain in relationship with Him.

Yes, and the nature and character of God that demanded obedience in the OT is the same God that demands obedience in the NT. Now, by His grace and changing our hearts, we are able to obey Him and His commandments are not grievous.

Don't you think this is interesting? In the start of Romans and at the end of Romans, Paul mentions a phrase, "obedience to the faith" and "obedience of faith". In both verses he mentions it in context with ALL NATIONS. This is a slight rabbit trail but to God, obedience and righteousness are closely linked, I believe.

Rom_1:5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:
Rom_16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Blessings,
Axehead

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Don't you think this is interesting? In the start of Romans and at the end of Romans, Paul mentions a phrase, "obedience to the faith" and "obedience of faith". In both verses he mentions it in context with ALL NATIONS. This is a slight rabbit trail but to God, obedience and righteousness are closely linked, I believe.

Yes, I've had that pointed out before.... Plenty of teaching about the importance of obedience; and also the emphasis on 'all nations'.

We (or, some Christians, and definitely 'the world') don't find it easy to step back from 4,000 years of history, and remind ourselves that before Abram was circumcised (being the grandfather of Jacob whom God renamed Israel) there were no Gentiles (Thanks for that point, XP.) there were only nations. There were no Hebrews/Israelites/Jews. The four couples who stepped out of Noah's Ark began to repopulate the planet, and those tribes became nations.

The gospel to 'all nations', also stands as testimony to God's faithfulness to Eve, in bringing forth the Saviour who would crush the serpent's head, bringing relief from the loss of life their sin meted out to all her and Adam's descendants. Gen 3:15

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
COOL!
I believe righteousness is the basic quality of God’s character and His character is to be formed in man.

For the righteous LORD loveth righteousness; his countenance doth behold the upright. Psalm 11:7
The formation of His righteousness does not come instantaneously. For this reason Jesus said, 'But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.' Matt 6:33

Those of the kingdom should experience a daily 'hunger and thirst for righteousness', (Matt 5:6).

The satisfying of this hunger comes as we receive this righteousness into our lives. Righteousness must become our life.

If we seek His kingdom we must seek His righteousness, for the foundation of God’s kingdom is righteousness.

I see the extension of God’s character through His authority. 'For the kingdom of God is righteousness… (Romans 14:17) You could say the scope of His righteousness is the scope of His authority. Or one could also say His authority establishes His righteousness. Righteousness involves the kingdom of God.

What is this righteousness that man is to seek? What is this righteousness that is the foundation of His kingdom and the basic nature of God? I see in the Scriptures that there are 3 revelations of righteousness. The first is found in creation, the second in the formation of a nation and the third in Jesus Christ the Son of God. In each of these a distinctive aspect of God’s righteousness is revealed.

First, let’s look at creation. God brought the world forth on a principle that established righteousness in everything He made. An order was established in the beginning, that has maintained life in exactly the same form as when created. God’s nature was revealed by what He made. (physical evidence)

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Rom 1:20

God brought forth everything on a principle of separation establishing an order in creation that preserved all He made. Separation is the first principle of righteousness. On the first day of creation God brought forth the light that separated darkness from darkness and it was the first day. On the second day, God separated the waters from the waters and the earth appeared. And on each succeeding day in all that He made, life was separated from life in all its forms. This is righteousness coming through order.

There is order in righteousness that maintains life. Because God is righteous, the sun comes up every morning, the earth maintains its orbit around the sun, the clouds water the earth and the earth blossoms. Because God is righteous, there are no monsters, no crossing over of life forms. Kind produces kind and all is good, just as it was when created. God set everything in its order, so life was established. This is righteousness.

Mixture is contrary to righteousness. In all creation mixture was not found except for a tree called 'the tree of knowledge of good and evil,' which became the place of man’s fall. Evil comes through mixture.Here one finds the first principle of evil. The incorporation of evil is sin. It is the nature of sin to break down order and cause disintegration. All kinds of disorder come until all the life support systems of one’s life are destroyed. The working of evil is always death.

It is mixture of good and evil that destroys righteousness. Evil can look good, but when evil comes in, it destroys all that righteousness has made. How many of God’s people are feeding upon mixture? The tree could be a book, a TV, a movie, a magazine, a philosophy or a relationship. The world today is full of mixture. It will excite the flesh but result in death for the soul.

This is a very big point and can be readily identified today. Through mixture one loses the discernment of evil. In looking upon evil, one comes to accept evil; to experience evil, one loses the discernment of evil; and when discernment of evil is lost, evil has overcome. Not following the first principle of righteousness allows evil to enter (first principle of righteousness is SEPARATION). A prophet pronounced judgment upon a nation because they had lost discernment.

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! Isa 5:20

God’s people must separate themselves from evil and draw the line between the clean and the unclean, between the holy and the profane. Fathers must teach their children to draw this line. The mixture of evil must be eliminated from the home and from the church. How much one allows the principle of separation to work in his life will determine how much God’s righteousness will work in his life.

Righteousness brings order and peace.

And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever. And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places;
Isa 32:17-18

Here is God’s call to righteousness.

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 2Co 6:14

And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 2Co 6:16

Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 2Co 6:17

And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. 2Co 6:18

May the Lord give us light and understanding,

Axehead

Another excellent presentation Axehead, thank you dear brother. Those who hunger and thirst after righteousness, I just love that verse! They shall be filled Jesus said, and Amen, He spoke only truth :)
Whitestone

Yep, there are two sides of the coin and thank you for continuing to provide the "other side." What you are saying is that many draw near to God with their lips but their heart is far from Him. So, how can God use us to strengthen and encourage our brethren?

2Tim 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Axehead