CAN YOU BE SAVED AND NOT LOVE JESUS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What you say makes no sense to me. The only truth I know is Jesus he is the Word of truth. He is the one who sets us Free. This almost sounds like worshipping the created instead of the creator.
Jesus is the truth. Its good practice to replace the name "Jesus" with "the truth". When we do this, we remove the distraction of Jesus's physicle existence and see him for what he truly is, truth itself.

Blessed are those who believe me without seeing me.

Reactions: 1stCenturyLady

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the truth. Its good practice to replace the name "Jesus" with "the truth". When we do this, we remove the distraction of Jesus's physicle existence and see him for what he truly is, truth itself.

Blessed are those who believe me without seeing me.
He is EVERYTHING to me. Truth included!

Reactions: Nhisname

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Good question.
Jesus has ALL authority, Matthew 28:18, this leaves none for man.
So we must use Gods authority to judge others teaching whether it is from God or man.

Hello Titus.

' we must use God's authority' another provocative statement. Do each of us have the right to 'use God's authority to judge others' ?

What if you and I disagree? Who arbitrates? How do we move forward and preserve the unity of the Body?

For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, slaves or free persons, and we were all given to drink of one Spirit.

Now the body is not a single part, but many.

If a foot should say, "Because I am not a hand I do not belong to the body," it does not for this reason belong any less to the body.

Or if an ear should say, "Because I am not an eye I do not belong to the body," it does not for this reason belong any less to the body.

If the whole body were an eye, where would the hearing be? If the whole body were hearing, where would the sense of smell be?

But as it is, God placed the parts, each one of them, in the body as he intended.

If they were all one part, where would the body be?

But as it is, there are many parts, yet one body.

The eye cannot say to the hand, "I do not need you," nor again the head to the feet, "I do not need you."

Indeed, the parts of the body that seem to be weaker are all the more necessary,

and those parts of the body that we consider less honorable we surround with greater honor, and our less presentable parts are treated with greater propriety,

whereas our more presentable parts do not need this. But God has so constructed the body as to give greater honor to a part that is without it,

so that there may be no division in the body, but that the parts may have the same concern for one another.

If (one) part suffers, all the parts suffer with it; if one part is honored, all the parts share its joy.

Pax et Bonum

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Titus.

' we must use God's authority' another provocative statement. Do each of us have the right to 'use God's authority to judge others' ?

What if you and I disagree? Who arbitrates? How do we move forward and preserve the unity of the Body?

For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, slaves or free persons, and we were all given to drink of one Spirit.

Now the body is not a single part, but many.

If a foot should say, "Because I am not a hand I do not belong to the body," it does not for this reason belong any less to the body.

Or if an ear should say, "Because I am not an eye I do not belong to the body," it does not for this reason belong any less to the body.

If the whole body were an eye, where would the hearing be? If the whole body were hearing, where would the sense of smell be?

But as it is, God placed the parts, each one of them, in the body as he intended.

If they were all one part, where would the body be?

But as it is, there are many parts, yet one body.

The eye cannot say to the hand, "I do not need you," nor again the head to the feet, "I do not need you."

Indeed, the parts of the body that seem to be weaker are all the more necessary,

and those parts of the body that we consider less honorable we surround with greater honor, and our less presentable parts are treated with greater propriety,

whereas our more presentable parts do not need this. But God has so constructed the body as to give greater honor to a part that is without it,

so that there may be no division in the body, but that the parts may have the same concern for one another.

If (one) part suffers, all the parts suffer with it; if one part is honored, all the parts share its joy.

Pax et Bonum
Blessings in Christ Jesus Philip James! I take it you are Catholic. If this be so, how is it that we are brothers in Christ Jesus. And yet we are. And the voice of The Good Shepherd says, "And I have other sheep, and I will gather them also, so there will be One fold." In these times, and these are the times, The Lord does not waste words, as so many are doing, pitting one side against the other and yet it has been said, "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the sons of God."

Nhisname

Dec 6, 2022
Joplin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it would be very hard for a person to be obedient and have faith in someone they didn't love. Look what happened to the Israelites all thru the old testament. It truly amazes me the israelites saw miracle after miracle and still grumbled and had no faith at all in a God that brought them out of bondage. Here we love, and have faith in a savior we absolutely adore that we've never seen with our eyes.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Blessings in Christ Jesus Philip James! I take it you are Catholic. If this be so, how is it that we are brothers in Christ Jesus. And yet we are. And the voice of The Good Shepherd says, "And I have other sheep, and I will gather them also, so there will be One fold." In these times, and these are the times, The Lord does not waste words, as so many are doing, pitting one side against the other and yet it has been said, "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the sons of God."

Hello GT. The Church is catholic by definition. But yes I am in full communion with the Catholic Church, which teaches that all the baptised are incorporated into Christ:

"All who have been justified by faith in Baptism are incorporated into Christ; they therefore have a right to be called Christians, and with good reason are accepted as brothers in the Lord by the children of the Catholic Church"

Catechism of the Catholic Church - IntraText

And blessings to you as well!

Pax et Bonum

Reactions: GTW27