CAN YOU BE SAVED AND NOT LOVE JESUS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you tell others it is okay to not obey Jesus' words?
I told my Pastor recently it is just as impossible for anyone to follow Jesus' law as any of the others on your own power.

But what relationship do you suppose there is between loving and obeying? Does any wife truly love her husband if she does not obey him? Or is that different? And if so, how? (I think it is easy to talking about obeying in theory but it is not so easy in practice. In practice, the excuses flow - as do the excuses not to love one another. And if we do not love one another, how then can we claim to love God?)

My wife and I were talking about the relationship between love and forgiveness the other day. Her daughter is bitterly resentful of her. As I see it, this lack of forgiveness poisons her whole life. The daughter is remarkably void of joy and unloving.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus saves the faithful from temporary damnation but Jesus saves ALL from eternal death. Sadly, many Christians have the mistaken belief that God predestines BILLIONS of souls to spend an eternity being tortured FOREVER.
I've never heard of temporary damnation before. What is that?

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God will save everyone because he loves everyone, although some will need some further refinement in the hereafter before they too love God.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 1:10 As a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in Him, things in heaven and things on earth.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love is required by God just as faith is required by God to be saved,
1Corinthians 16:22,
- If anyone does not love the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be accursed, O, Lord come.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
“works” such as repentance or obedience"!

Obedience is a work?

A work that saves us!

For just as through the disobedience of one person the many were made sinners, so through the obedience of one the many will be made righteous.

Pax et Bonum

Reactions: Titus

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How much do we love Him? Could you go through the Great Tribulation and allow your head to be chopped off for Christ?

Seems almost easier than carrying our daily cross sometimes... but then, I'm getting old.. and tired,,
Don't be so hard on yourself, sister

Pax et Bonum

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obedience is a work?

To victims of doctrines of demons it is. Not to me.
Seems almost easier than carrying our daily cross sometimes... but then, I'm getting old.. and tired,,
Don't be so hard on yourself, sister
How is what I said being hard on myself. I'm ready to it would be easier for me than for someone who is not prepared.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To victims of doctrines of demons it is. Not to me.

Good evening, Lady.

A provocative statement.

Who has the authority to adjudicate what is or is not a 'doctrine of demons' ?

And who or what do you mean by 'victims' ?

The greatest among you must be your servant.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled; but whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Pax et Bonum

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good evening, Lady.

A provocative statement.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled; but whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Pax et Bonum
Any doctrine that undermines the power of Jesus is created to send us to hell - a doctrine of demons.

Those with itching ears are victims of their own lusts and look for teachers to justify their weaknesses.

When you know the true gospel, doctrines of demons are easy to spot on these forums where so many denominations are represented

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good job sister. I have hunch your one of God's elect. Salutations sister. I'm one of Jesus servants, Zadok. Second epistle John verse 9. Who so ever trangresseth and abides not in the doctrine of christ, hath not God. He that abides in the doctrine of christ, he hath both the Father and the son. Verse 10. If there come any unto you and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed. Who ever denys Jesus and refuses to repent sins to God, the wicked go to sheol. Its prison, holding place for the spirtualty dead or wicked. Read Luke chapter 16, Richman and Lazarus, their are two sides of the gulf. Saints in paradise. Spirtualty dead or wicked in sheol. First Corinthians 2:14. But the natural man received not the things of the spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spirtualty Discerned. You need the holy spirit to guide you. It keeps you on the right path. Lot of people have spirit of slumber for their protection. Revelation chapter 20, the spirituality dead will be taught during millennium. The millennium is time of teaching and discipline for the spirtualty dead. I documented this. How do I get the holy spirit? James chapter 1, All wisdom and knowledge comes from God. Only Jesus can grant the holy spirit or germinate seeds that servant of God plants. Many people have spirit of stupor.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:23-24

23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; … 24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words.

Only the righteous and holy will reach heaven as seen in Revelation 22:11. You cannot be righteous in your own willpower so you cannot save yourself by trying to overcome sin on your own from knowledge of the Ten Commandments. Our own righteousness is as filthy rags. But you must be righteous, even holy! But our sin nature keeps pulling us down. What a conundrum!

Don’t expect Jesus to have given His precious Spirit to you if you just saw Jesus as a ticket to heaven and as a way to sin with no condemnation. If you think just knowing about Jesus as a Savior from condemnation and guilt is salvation, but you still struggle with sin, as some peddle Christianity, don’t be fooled. That is not salvation.

God knows our heart. God will not be mocked and cannot be conned. Will you be sorely surprised in the end? Don’t be one of those with itching ears who are hoodwinked by false teachers peddling sugar-coated doctrines of demons, especially ones who twist scripture about "always being a sinner in need of a Savior," and "don't do “works” such as repentance or obedience"!

Those who have been taught the lie that will not set them free that they will always be sinners, and Jesus saves us from the condemnation of our sinning, and not sin, itself, do not teach the words of Jesus, “Those who love Him, keep His commandments.”

Edit: For those who say they love Jesus, here is a pertinent question.

How much do we love Him? Could you go through the Great Tribulation and allow your head to be chopped off for Christ?
Regarding the title question:

But Jesus said to him, “Do not forbid him, for he who is not against us is on our side.”​

Which is also eluded to in this verse:

For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

In other words, salvation being in God's hands and according to His prerogative, it is whom God knows and chooses that makes for one to be saved, as it is He who "first loved us" while we were yet sinners not knowing Him.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But Jesus said to him, “Do not forbid him, for he who is not against us is on our side.”​

For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

In other words, salvation being in God's hands and according to His prerogative, it is whom God knows and chooses that makes for one to be saved, as it is He who "first loved us" while we were yet sinners not knowing Him.
Was this predetermined no matter if you are always apathetic towards Jesus and just do your own thing according to your nature?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Read the post above yours and learn something.

Reactions: ChristisGod

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was this predetermined no matter if you are always apathetic towards Jesus and just do your own thing according to your nature?
The word "predestined" is stated in the language of this world according to the times as they are perceived by those living in the world, but has no place in the timeless reality of God. All such language was confused by God at Babel, therefore the scriptures must be spiritually discerned. Thus, likewise, in the fulness of time in this world Christ came, but was only eluded to having been slain before the foundation of the world--but of which are only true depending on the context, whether the context is of this world or not of this world.

Nhisname

Dec 6, 2022
Joplin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
when we take an apple from a tree in means of desire we are sinning. However if we  recieve the apple from the tree as life and love, honour the tree and are consiouse of it. This is pure. Once again this is an example on a perspective of truth and our alignment with nature and our inner and outer world.
What you say makes no sense to me. The only truth I know is Jesus he is the Word of truth. He is the one who sets us Free. This almost sounds like worshipping the created instead of the creator.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good evening, Lady.

A provocative statement.

Pax et Bonum
Quote: "Who has the authority to adjudicate what is or is not a "doctrine of demons"

Good question.
Jesus has ALL authority, Matthew 28:18, this leaves none for man.
So we must use Gods authority to judge others teaching whether it is from God or man.

Some wrongly teach we are not to judge.
The Bible does not teach this.
The Bible teaches we are not to have a hypocritical judgment.
Meaning judging others for a sin that we also partake in.
The Bible teaches we must judge with righteous judgment.
That means according to Gods word/gospel/law.
For only Gods word is truth. Only God is righteous.
To judge righteous judgment is to Judge according to Gods word, according to His law.
Matthew 7:1; 5
Judge not, that you be not judged...
Hypocrite First remove the plank from your own eye and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brothers eye

- Do not judge according to appearance but judge with righteous judgement.

We are commanded by God to make judgments on others who teach!

1John 4:1,
- Beloved do not believe every spirit but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

We can only use Gods oracles as the standard by which we judge teachers/others.
1Peter 4:11,
- If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God. If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion forever and ever Amen.

How then do we discern between a false teacher and a man of God who speaks the oracles of God?

The only way is to be spiritually discerned.
And that only comes through Study of Gods word.

If one is not a good Bible student, one cannot know a false teacher from a gospel preacher.

2Timothy 2:2; 2:15
- And these things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.
- be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker(diligent in study)who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of TRUTH.

All truth comes from the word.
Those who teach error cannot be teaching the word.

The only way to know is to be educated yourself in the word.

How to get to know the word of truth:
1) Study
2) Prayer
3) Must have the right heart, a heart that desires only the truth.
If one does not only desire truth he will never know the truth.

Matthew 7:7-8,
- Ask and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock and it will be opened to you,
For everyone who asks receives and he who seeks finds and to him who knocks it will be opened.

Some never learn the truth because their heart is not seeking to know the truth,
Matthew 13:10,
-And His disciples came and said to Jesus, Why do You speak to them in parables ?
He answered and said to them,
Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.
Therefore I speak to them in parables because seeing they do not see and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.
and in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says,
Hearing you will hear and not understand, and seeing you will see and not percieve;
For the HEARTS OF THIS PEOPLE HAVE GROWN DULL.

They did not desire truth therefore they did not know the truth.

John 18:38,
- Pilate said to Him, What is truth?.....

John 17:17,
- Sanctify them by Your truth. Your WORD is truth.

We must use the word to discern whether the teaching is from God or whether it be doctrines of demons,

Romans 2:2,
- But we know that the judgement of God is according to TRUTH against those who practise such things.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you be saved and not love Jesus?
Anyone who teaches one can achieve salvation without love for Christ is not speaking the oracles of God, not speaking TRUTH.

1Corinthians 16:22,
- If anyone does not love the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be accursed. O Lord come.