CAN YOU BE SAVED AND NOT LOVE JESUS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:23-24

23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; … 24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words.

Only the righteous and holy will reach heaven as seen in Revelation 22:11. You cannot be righteous in your own willpower so you cannot save yourself by trying to overcome sin on your own from knowledge of the Ten Commandments. Our own righteousness is as filthy rags. But you must be righteous, even holy! But our sin nature keeps pulling us down. What a conundrum!

Don’t expect Jesus to have given His precious Spirit to you if you just saw Jesus as a ticket to heaven and as a way to sin with no condemnation. If you think just knowing about Jesus as a Savior from condemnation and guilt is salvation, but you still struggle with sin, as some peddle Christianity, don’t be fooled. That is not salvation.

God knows our heart. God will not be mocked and cannot be conned. Will you be sorely surprised in the end? Don’t be one of those with itching ears who are hoodwinked by false teachers peddling sugar-coated doctrines of demons, especially ones who twist scripture about "always being a sinner in need of a Savior," and "don't do “works” such as repentance or obedience"!

Those who have been taught the lie that will not set them free that they will always be sinners, and Jesus saves us from the condemnation of our sinning, and not sin, itself, do not teach the words of Jesus, “Those who love Him, keep His commandments.”

Edit: For those who say they love Jesus, here is a pertinent question.

How much do we love Him? Could you go through the Great Tribulation and allow your head to be chopped off for Christ?

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to the flesh, being born from Adam, corrupted by sin, we've forfeited all chance of being righteous of ourselves. Nothing we can do will undo what we've already done. We stand condemned in our sins.

So that we must be born again, born righteous, a new life, uncorrupted by the Adamic life.

Don’t expect Jesus to have given His precious Spirit to you if you just saw Jesus as a ticket to heaven and as a way to sin with no condemnation.
Good words!

But if we really want to be right with God, if we truly desire to be His, and to obey Him, He sees that, and gives us that new and righteous spirit birth. A new creation, the spirit child of God, while we remain in these bodies of flesh. But now we have the power over that flesh.

If we are not growing in that, if we are not radically changed inside, and that change showing more and more on the outside, how can we say we are born again?

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
can you be saved and not love Jesus . if one thinks they can they already have decieved themselves .
God wont be mocked . And if we are HIS then we do believe in Christ Jesus and have new hearts which love
the things pleasing to God . Now lift those hands up , ITS LORD praising time my peoples .

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

CAN YOU BE SAVED AND NOT LOVE JESUS?​

Only the righteous and holy will reach heaven as seen in Revelation 22:11
I think the question has a lot to do with whether or not you recognize there are 2 groups of people being referred to here, a righteous group and a holy group or not?

Consider how Rev 22:11 (CEV) reads: good people will keep on doing right, and God's people will always be holy.

You cannot be righteous in your own willpower so you cannot save yourself

Agreed. The question is; can one be righteous to be saved?

Our own righteousness is as filthy rags.
This is a relative statement not an absolute statement. Otherwise, Rev 22:11 would not need to reference any group OTHER THAN the holy group. Consider Romans 2 as the ultimate answer to your question. I rely on this to answer will unbelievers be saved.
v6 God will reward each of us for what we have done.​
v7 He will give eternal life to everyone who has patiently done what is good
v10 But all who do right will be rewarded with glory, honor, and peace, whether they are Jews or Gentiles. 11 God doesn't have any favorites!​
v14-15 14 Some people naturally obey the Law's commands, even though they don't have the Law. 15 This proves that the conscience is like a law written in the human heart. And it will show whether we are forgiven or condemned.​
Notice the use of "everyone" and "all." Also notice obeying the law will show the answer to your question - independent of love for Jesus.

I see it this way, ALL will be judged by Jesus. Accepting him as your lord and savior is your guarantee of being saved. But salvation comes by Christ even if you did not believe, even if you never heard of him. Why? Because v7 & v10 explicitly say so regarding those who are good, aka in that righteous group Rev 22:11 refers.

It is absurd that a loving, merciful, grace-filled God would not save people because of when they were born (BC), when they died (before age of majority) or never heard the Gospel, etc. In all cases, it remains Jesus who judges and saves - Jews or Gentiles. Praise God!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; … 24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words.

Only the righteous and holy will reach heaven as seen in Revelation 22:11. You cannot be righteous in your own willpower so you cannot save yourself by trying to overcome sin on your own from knowledge of the Ten Commandments. Our own righteousness is as filthy rags. But you must be righteous, even holy! But our sin nature keeps pulling us down. What a conundrum!

Don’t expect Jesus to have given His precious Spirit to you if you just saw Jesus as a ticket to heaven and as a way to sin with no condemnation. If you think just knowing about Jesus as a Savior from condemnation and guilt is salvation, but you still struggle with sin, as some peddle Christianity, don’t be fooled. That is not salvation.

God knows our heart. God will not be mocked and cannot be conned. Will you be sorely surprised in the end? Don’t be one of those with itching ears who are hoodwinked by false teachers peddling sugar-coated doctrines of demons, especially ones who twist scripture about "always being a sinner in need of a Savior," and "don't do “works” such as repentance or obedience"!

Those who have been taught the lie that will not set them free that they will always be sinners, and Jesus saves us from the condemnation of our sinning, and not sin, itself, do not teach the words of Jesus, “Those who love Him, keep His commandments.”
God decides who gets saved. It's best not to judge people on our own.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed. The question is; can one be righteous to be saved?

Not if our own righteousness is as filthy rags. Isa. 64:6

v6 God will reward each of us for what we have done.v7 He will give eternal life to everyone who has patiently done what is goodv10 But all who do right will be rewarded with glory, honor, and peace, whether they are Jews or Gentiles. 11 God doesn't have any favorites!v14-15 14 Some people naturally obey the Law's commands, even though they don't have the Law. 15 This proves that the conscience is like a law written in the human heart. And it will show whether we are forgiven or condemned.

Then your answer to the title of this OP is yes? Correct?

I do not agree with the CEV translation the way you interpret it, except when it comes to those of the Old Covenant being the righteous, until the New Covenant and Christians as being holy.

Last edited:
Reactions: strepho

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You still can’t love him until your saved..

Until then, you have not experienced his love. Hence you do not have the capacity to love..
We can love him as a friend, but you are right, we can't love him enough to die for him if we are not saved.

So how much do we love Him? Could you go through the Great Tribulation and allow your head to be chopped off for Christ? That's a good question to ask.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We need to be judging ourselves. Are you saved? Do you keep his commandments? Do you tell others it is okay to not obey Jesus' words?
I find this line of questioning inappropriate as I don't answer to you. I answer to God. Quit judging people and listen to the bible's teachings.

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When we see Jesus, we need to separate him from is human body or from his flesh. When we recieve love from somone else we are receiving God in the form of the holy spirit. When we give love to somone, we are acting as the son of god. This is gods nature that comes to dwell in us then is outwardly expressed and received. When we act in these ways we could look as it as being "possessed" by God. In a sence we are God. Jesus was special in the sence that he was highly enlightened or had a strong alignment with the truth. The truth being god. Being aligned with the truth and filled with god we become god. This is gods spirit dwelling "within" human flesh. This is god incarnate.

When Jesus refers to himself he is not at all refering to his physicle body or sence of self in any way shape or form. He is not even refering or relating it to and placement of time. He is refering to the spirit of God that is within him, was before him and will be after him for eternity.

When Jesus says thing like, "you come to the father through me" he is speaking as god and refering to the holy spirit of which he is resonating with. He is not in any way shape or form refering to the "self" or "jesus".

When I wrap my arms around my partner in warm loving compassion, she is entering the kingdom of heaven through the holy spirit which I brought to her as the son of god.

God works within all of us. When we align ourself with the Truth we are acting as God, we become the truth, we become life, and like when I hug my partner, we become the way.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find this line of questioning inappropriate as I don't answer to you. I answer to God. Quit judging people and listen to the bible's teachings.
Okay, I won't ask you if you are saved.

So how much do we love Him? Could you go through the Great Tribulation and allow your head to be chopped off for Christ? That's a good question to ask.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Edit: For those who say they love Jesus, here is a pertinent question.

How much do we love Him? Could you go through the Great Tribulation and allow your head to be chopped off for Christ?

Jesus saves the faithful from temporary damnation but Jesus saves ALL from eternal death. Sadly, many Christians have the mistaken belief that God predestines BILLIONS of souls to spend an eternity being tortured FOREVER.

Reactions: Wrangler

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we see Jesus, we need to separate him from is human body or from his flesh. When we recieve love from somone else we are receiving God in the form of the holy spirit. When we give love to somone, we are acting as the son of god. This is gods nature that comes to dwell in us then is outwardly expressed and received. When we act in these ways we could look as it as being "possessed" by God. In a sence we are God. Jesus was special in the sence that he was highly enlightened or had a strong alignment with the truth. The truth being god. Being aligned with the truth and filled with god we become god. This is gods spirit dwelling "within" human flesh. This is god incarnate.

When Jesus refers to himself he is not at all refering to his physicle body or sence of self in any way shape or form. He is not even refering or relating it to and placement of time. He is refering to the spirit of God that is within him, was before him and will be after him for eternity.

When Jesus says thing like, "you come to the father through me" he is speaking as god and refering to the holy spirit of which he is resonating with. He is not in any way shape or form refering to the "self" or "jesus".

When I wrap my arms around my partner in warm loving compassion, she is entering the kingdom of heaven through the holy spirit which I brought to her as the son of god.

God works within all of us. When we align ourself with the Truth we are acting as God, we become the truth, we become life, and like when I hug my partner, we become the way.
I'm asking another question I've added to the OP

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider how Rev 22:11 (CEV) reads: good people will keep on doing right, and God's people will always be holy.
That's true, of course, but I would like to remind the reader of what Jesus said regarding our work for him, just so that they don't come away with the mistaken belief that they are required to do things.

John 6:29
Jesus answered them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent.”