Can you do this , IF you follow Jesus ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
Hi to all , is is great to see many believers say that they follow Jesus and that only His words have relevance and believe that He revealed only one Gospel , and I just wondered about how these One Gospelers feel about John 20:19-23 ,

Verse 19 , says that is speaking to His Disciple , what a Context !!

Then is verse 21 , the Disciples are given a Commission before they were given a commission , which is Matt 28:19 and 20 .

So , in verse 21 He send them with a Different Commission " as My Father hath sent Me , even so send I you , looks like a commission to me with a command ??

Then in verse 22 , Jesus breaths on them HOLY SPIRIT and by the way , is this what happens to believers BECAUSE 1 Cor 12:13 says the Holy Spirit P L A C E S all saved indiviuals INTO THE BODY OF CHRIST .

Who can not SEE 2 differences between the Godhead , Jesus breaths to the 12 disciples HOLY SPIRIT and then the Holy Spirit PLACES all saved believers into the Body of Christ ,

After Jesus breaths to them ( THE ) Holy Spirit , Jesus says in verse 23 , They can REMIT SINS , so please explain your ONE GOSPEL to me now and does these CONFLICT with Eph 2:8 and Rom 10:9 ??

dan p

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am just wondering when you are going to ask how many angels can fit on a pin......

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
I am just wondering when you are going to ask how many angels can fit on a pin......

Hi , and Paul has not written on that Topic , so you did not care for or will respond to my OP ??

You must not see any difference ??

I have to remember to do a post on the " keys " for insight , on Sat .

Maybe some one will tell us if Adam had a " belly button " is also very Trival , dan p

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no conflict.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi to all , is is great to see many believers say that they follow Jesus and that only His words have relevance and believe that He revealed only one Gospel , and I just wondered about how these One Gospelers feel about John 20:19-23 ,

Verse 19 , says that is speaking to His Disciple , what a Context !!

Then is verse 21 , the Disciples are given a Commission before they were given a commission , which is Matt 28:19 and 20 .

So , in verse 21 He send them with a Different Commission " as My Father hath sent Me , even so send I you , looks like a commission to me with a command ??

Then in verse 22 , Jesus breaths on them HOLY SPIRIT and by the way , is this what happens to believers BECAUSE 1 Cor 12:13 says the Holy Spirit P L A C E S all saved indiviuals INTO THE BODY OF CHRIST .

Who can not SEE 2 differences between the Godhead , Jesus breaths to the 12 disciples HOLY SPIRIT and then the Holy Spirit PLACES all saved believers into the Body of Christ ,

After Jesus breaths to them ( THE ) Holy Spirit , Jesus says in verse 23 , They can REMIT SINS , so please explain your ONE GOSPEL to me now and does these CONFLICT with Eph 2:8 and Rom 10:9 ??

dan p

Can you juggle four cups and still follow Jesus?

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth

smilie_girl_320.gif

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So.... Let me ask some pretty important questions:

1. How big are the angels?
2. How small is the pin?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?" has been used many times as a trite dismissal of medieval angelology in particular, and of scholasticism in general. The phrase has been used also to criticize figures such as Duns Scotus and Thomas Aquinas.[sup][1][/sup] Another variety of the question is: "How many angels can sit on the head of apin?" In modern usage, this question also serves as a metaphor for wasting time debating topics of no practical value.[sup][2][/sup][sup][3][/sup]

Hi , and man made theology will always win to all who are blind , dan p

Ah, how typical. I answer your question, which you have already answered and because I didn't agree with your heresy, I must be blind?

Why didn't you tell me your real motive? The question you are really asking is "When you follow my reasoning, do you come to the same conclusion as me?"

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd also like to know why Danp is asking all these questions. But also, what's the size of the angels and the pin?

And if I don't get an answer to either, well the gosh darn... Maybe my coffee in the morning won't taste right! But maybe it will taste the same. Maybe better. In any sense, I gotta figure out if I play Dez Bryant or Antionio Brown in my fantasy league game before I go to Church on Sunday!

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd also like to know why Danp is asking all these questions. But also, what's the size of the angels and the pin?

And if I don't get an answer to either, well the gosh darn... Maybe my coffee in the morning won't taste right! But maybe it will taste the same. Maybe better. In any sense, I gotta figure out if I play Dez Bryant or Antionio Brown in my fantasy league game before I go to Church on Sunday!

Ha! It is an actual question that was discussed during the Middle Ages - since no one knows how big the angels are or the pin - the only answer they could come up with was that since two corporal beings cannot occupy the same space (not sure why), only one angel can occupy the space at one time. Not satisfying? I agree! Most scholastic questions and answers sets are unsatisfying and often meaningless. I only brought it up to make a rhetorical point.