Can you help me ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello, thank you before hand...........
Someone on here has an avatar that is partially what I want to use in my next tattoo.

It is a crown of thorns and a Gold bejewled crown.
I don't remember the name and can't find the avatar now.

Blessings
Leviticus 19:28 KJV
Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord.

I was taught Deuteronomy and Leviticus did not apply to Christians. But I can't get by this one. It seems God does not approve of tatoos?

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Leviticus 19:28 KJV
Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord.

I was taught Deuteronomy and Leviticus did not apply to Christians. But I can't get by this one. It seems God does not approve of tatoos?

Lol, oh really now.
HE hasn't said that TO ME, you quoted from the law to the Jews!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d You see that your thread that you recently started has really taken off already...

Lol,it was my intent to find that one avatar but I'm really grateful for the input, it broadens my vision of what I want to get and it will give my artist a better idea also.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Makes me think of the verse of the day:
Proverbs 4:23 Keep (watch over) your heart with all diligence; for out of it (flows) the issues (springs) of life.

Tecarta Bible

Proverbs 4:8 Lexicon: "Prize her, and she will exalt you; She will honor you if you embrace her.

Proverbs 4:9 Lexicon: "She will place on your head a garland of grace; She will present you with a crown of beauty."

^a crown of glory
beautiful, brave, comely, fair, glorious, honor, majesty

Or tiphereth {tif-eh'-reth}; from pa'ar; ornament (abstractly or concretely, literally or figuratively) -- beauty(- iful), bravery, comely, fair, glory(-ious), hono; ornament (abstractly or concretely, literally or figuratively) -- beauty(-iful), bravery, comely, fair, glory(-ious), honour, majesty.
@VictoryinJesus Those are great verses.....

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol, oh really now.
HE hasn't said that TO ME, you quoted from the law to the Jews!
Well I guess He was just talking to the Jews then. ?? Hmmm How about cutting your flesh for the dead? One of your loved ones dies and you make cut in your flesh -- cool? How about these tribal people that really go all out with piercings, deforming lips, etc. Has God talked to you about those things?
My daughter and her husband have tatoos all over - it's their fad, age group, it's popular. I told her if you like art, buy it and put it on the wall. That way when you get tired of looking at it, you can take it down. Sorry, it is just a turn off for me. I can't relate.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Well I guess He was just talking to the Jews then. ?? Hmmm How about cutting your flesh for the dead? One of your loved ones dies and you make cut in your flesh -- cool? How about these tribal people that really go all out with piercings, deforming lips, etc. Has God talked to you about those things?
My daughter and her husband have tatoos all over - it's their fad, age group, it's popular. I told her if you like art, buy it and put it on the wall. That way when you get tired of looking at it, you can take it down. Sorry, it is just a turn off for me. I can't relate.
That passage also speaks - next to the cutting for the dead part - about not trimming one's beard; do preachers shave? if preachers do shave, then maybe they are by implication admitting that they are New Testament believers for whom the rule of life is the Gospel, under grace, and pursuing testimony opportunities, rather than Old Testament Jews in the land under the law.

(But of course in terms of your strong, personal preferences, you are perfectly entitled not to like your daughter's and son-in-law's tattoos...)

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's cool,no offense.

When I first knew Jesus,many moons ago, I was told more you don'ts in the Pentecostal protestant church I joined. Even to plucking your eyebrows for the dead or whatever. Do you live under the law rather than GRACE
then ?

I believe ALL the word is good but it all isn't addressed to us. Not bc God changes but bc of the covenant he made with us through his Son.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Lol,it was my intent to find that one avatar but I'm really grateful for the input, it broadens my vision of what I want to get and it will give my artist a better idea also.
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d Yes, clearly like you said for you it's about broadening your vision as an inked up Christian woman in order for your tattoo artist to help you keep defining more precisely your chosen means of faith expression.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1000_F_471902584_MktdCFdDS2nJyKeFgB6COqu46CdTF1FQ.jpg

Reactions: Rita

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
... don'ts in the Pentecostal protestant church I joined. Even to plucking your eyebrows ...

@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d I had never heard before of not plucking eyebrows as an actual legalistic requirement....but with legalism there seems no limit to just how far legalists can go.

It would just seem in fact that what 1stcenturylady said a while ago is really a mere extension of it:

1stCenturyLady said:
tattooed...I just have eyebrows, so at least I know how it feels. I like it, not painful to me.
...I'm too old to get any with my skin, but I do love to watch Ink Master

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like her comment and style but I'm too lazy to go back and find the post.
Yeah, I want my eye brows done too but not micro- blading...,straight tatooed.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deu.14:1/2
Ye are the children of the Lord your God: ye shall not cut yourselves,nor make any baldness between your eyes for the dead.
For thou art a holy people unto the Lord thy God,and the Lord hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself,above all nations that are upon the earth.
From the Law to the Jewish ppl.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deu.14:1/2
Ye are the children of the Lord your God: ye shall not cut yourselves,nor make any baldness between your eyes for the dead.
For thou art a holy people unto the Lord thy God,and the Lord hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself,above all nations that are upon the earth.
From the Law to the Jewish ppl.
You might do a search for "black crown of thorns" and look at the images. There is various art in that search that might be what you're looking for.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@devin553344 I think this would be more of a design which might be used as an armband tattoo for the upper arm - one which goes right round the arm -, rather than for what @L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d says she is looking for.

The subject of the Lord's sufferings is truly deep and solemn; and it must be grasped by faith irrespective of tattoos, naturally; I'm sure - and @L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d - would agree...

I want what I want,you get the armband.

I'm putting mine low on my arm to be visible when I reach. Even if NO comment is made from one who sees it, I'll let the world know Jesus's suffering was real and purchased ALL who will for his glory. The golden crown to represent the God of all creation,and the dove for the sweet Holy Spirit who us our teacher and comforter.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yeah, I want my eye brows done too but not micro- blading...,straight tatooed.
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d Yes, it's a strong statement in arching, when they are tattooed: it seems to express confidence and a kind of classiness, really.

So is this what you have wanted done for a long time? or maybe since you started to get going with your other tattoos?