can you tell me you view on this?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Holy999

Feb 18, 2020
stockholm
Faith
Christian
Country
Sweden
how do you approach someone with tattoos?
how do you approach someone with piercing
how do you approach someone with hair color
how do you approach someone with makeup
how do you approach such people?

what are your thoughts? reasons

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Sir, What is your problem? :confused:

Reactions: TLHKAJ

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sir, What is your problem? :confused:
Sometimes people are unable to identify or express their own problems. If they know they have problems is that not a step in the right direction? If they are then also able to ask questions with regard to problems, is that not also a step in the right direction?

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

@Holy999

And then the Way for every one to go:

"Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it." Matt 16:24-25

Reactions: BobVance and TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Holy999 Love them the same as any other person. None of those things are an unpardonable sin. If they don't know the Lord and have a tattoo, or if someone with a tattoo comes to the Lord ....what do you expect? That they would go through some procedure to remove it? Or simply deal with that between them and God?

Who are you to say what is in their heart? All we have responsibility to do is to live honorably before God ourselves. But none of us are perfect. You're not perfect. Should we treat you differently or as less than because you have faults and failures and occasionally sin after you've come to the Lord? No. We all live in weak flesh. We all fail at times. That's why we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ who is righteous. HE is our righteousness. Our righteousness and good works are as filthy rags.

Last edited:

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do not judge a book by its cover.

1-Sam-16-7.png

MyLordisGod

Jul 13, 2021
Tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I do unto them as I would want them to do unto me.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Holy999 If they don't know the Lord and have a tattoo, or if someone with a tattoo comes to the Lord ....what do you expect? That they would go through some procedure to remove it? Or simply deal with that between them and God?
@TLHKAJ Like you say in the other thread recently, some ppl have been through some horrendous experiences. (Maybe in some cases some ppl's tattoos reflect this also.) If a Christian woman has a tattoo with the name of a non-Christian ex-bf's name (e.g., 'BILL'), she has various choices, such as leave it as it is (she likely wouldn't want to); or have it removed (painful and expensive and maybe with an ugly result) or even have it modified by a good parlor artist to something reflective of her faith (e.g., 'BILL' to 'BIBLE', or similar).

Reactions: TLHKAJ