Can't remember the original title

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
(Hate hate hate. Yes I do hate myself through and through, because I keep making it up like a bumbling fool)

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
There was a Buddhist who once asked a hotdog vendor for a hotdog.

That'll be three dollar's the vendor said.

Then the Buddhist handed over a five.

Here's your change said the vendor.

Keep it the Buddhist exclaimed, you'll need it for later for what your peddling.

(Hang on a minute? That's not how that joke goes)

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Didn't it go like this?

This Zen Buddhist Monk walks up to a hotdog stand and says to the vender, "Give me one with everything". So the vender makes him a hotdog with everything, hands it to the Buddhist Monk. The Buddhist gives him a twenty dollar bill, the vender takes it, puts it in his cash register and shuts the door. The Buddhist says, "Wait, where's my change?" The vender replies, "Change must come from within".

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Didn't it go like this?

This Zen Buddhist Monk walks up to a hotdog stand and says to the vender, "Give me one with everything". So the vender makes him a hotdog with everything, hands it to the Buddhist Monk. The Buddhist gives him a twenty dollar bill, the vender takes it, puts it in his cash register and shuts the door. The Buddhist says, "Wait, where's my change?" The vender replies, "Change must come from within".
That's about the crux of it.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My favorite food is Italian. What is yours?
That's hard to say. I like a variety of foods.
Was a long weekend. My dad stayed with me from Friday morning until this afternoon.
I cooked a lot.
Pork loin chops with mushroom and onion gravy, Spinach and kielbasa quiche, meatballs, and a new england boiled dinner, and homestyle chicken and noodle soup with dumplings. And bread pudding.
I was hoping he would stay until this Friday to help me eat all the left overs but he had a doctors appointment tomorrow and decided to go home.
For the most part it was a calm visit. But he's like a stick of dynamite ready to be lit at the slightest thing.
I know it can't be easy being 88 with severe arthritis. I opened a window in the back of the house to let the cats out when it was nice out. I didn't realize the air got to his knees and caused him a lot of discomfort. And one night I fell asleep and I guess he called my name a couple times at 3am and it took me a coule minutes to wake up and help him with his catheter.
He cussed me out pretty good. But we got over it.
I ended up sleeping in the recliner next to the bed so that wouldn't happen again.

I'm sitting here shaking my head and kind of laughing but at the time it wasn't really funny.
2 weeks and he'll be back for another visit.
Not sure what I'll be cooking then. He's not a picky eater. He likes everything.

Ahh the joys of cooking.. lol
Hugs

• Love
Reactions: Nancy and Matthias