Catholic understanding of the Eucharist

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So for John the Essenes provided a place to stay and live.

Hello John,

Interseting. Do you have a source for this info?

As to your comments about 'the preisthood of all believers', that could be another thread all to itself I think, looking at the priesthood of all the Israelites, the rebellion of Korah and etc..

But what I was hoping to get from you was perhaps a look at John's role of 'best man' or 'shoshben' in Jewish weddings of the time.

I have read a little on it but hoped your 'studies into the anthropology of Jewish life ' might provide more info.

Peace!

Reactions: marks

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is it possible the unity exists somewhere else? Can we not have a real Christian unity in some other way?

Much love!

Hello marks,

Because the loaf of bread is one, we, though many, are one body, for we all partake of the one loaf.

If one is not partaking of the 'one loaf' and 'one cup' that Jesus gave to John and the apostles where are they?

They went out from us, but they were not really of our number; if they had been, they would have remained with us. Their desertion shows that none of them was of our number.

Peace!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one is not partaking of the 'one loaf' and 'one cup' that Jesus gave to John and the apostles where are they?
If His words are spirit, they are in His body. The loaf they ate is long gone.

But I do appreciate your transparency on the implications of your doctrine. It's honest.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello John,

Interseting. Do you have a source for this info?

As to your comments about 'the preisthood of all believers', that could be another thread all to itself I think, looking at the priesthood of all the Israelites, the rebellion of Korah and etc..

But what I was hoping to get from you was perhaps a look at John's role of 'best man' or 'shoshben' in Jewish weddings of the time.

I have read a little on it but hoped your 'studies into the anthropology of Jewish life ' might provide more info.

Peace!
I've spent years looking for historical information supporting the Jewish wedding, but I've not been able to find anything outside of Calvary Chapel circles.

So I'm interested too!

:)

@JohnDB

Much love!

Reactions: Philip James

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hailey's Bible Handbook
Howard Voss
&
Ray Vanderland

All three are good rescources...Ray has a few YouTube videos and of course has several video series for sell.
And where Ray is great at anthropology he is somewhat lacking in language skills. (Nobody is perfect or has every answer)

Hailey's Bible Handbook is a collection of various anthropological views of various subjects in Biblical order.

Howard Voss has a book on anthropology but it's often very toned down to the average person. Often stated overly simplified in fashion.