Caucasian Americans: A Dying Race?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, not a problem. :) Just curious.

I can give my thoughts. I did read the thread the other day. I guess I thought...you seem to have changed a lot since I first met you. (For the better). And I noted that a few weeks ago.
So when I read your thread here, I guess my thoughts were...you were wasting your time and that you should only be starting threads according to your calling and leave things like this behind. But then I thought, God may have put him on a fast in spirit, and I know its hard to focus on spiritual things when He does, in fact, I think maybe to try to force ourselves to handle spiritual matters during those fasts is trying to force God to let us come into His presence. So then I thought, just give him a break Jen! But I didn't have any other thoughts or a desire to respond at that time. Those are my honest thoughts.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can give my thoughts. I did read the thread the other day. I guess I thought...you seem to have changed a lot since I first met you. (For the better). And I noted that a few weeks ago.
So when I read your thread here, I guess my thoughts were...you were wasting your time and that you should only be starting threads according to your calling and leave things like this behind. But then I thought, God may have put him on a fast in spirit, and I know its hard to focus on spiritual things when He does, in fact, I think maybe to try to force ourselves to handle spiritual matters during those fasts is trying to force God to let us come into His presence. So then I thought, just give him a break Jen! But I didn't have any other thoughts or a desire to respond at that time. Those are my honest thoughts.

I appreciate the break, LoL. Honestly, I see the title of this thread resurfacing due to being posted on and I kinda grimace at it a little bit. Hard to post on a subject like this and not come off...

I dunno, maybe if I were closer to the Lord these days it simply wouldn't bother me as much as it did. That I think I can certainly agree to : )

Thanks for the honest post. I think it's what I was looking for.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, honestly, what else are you going to do when He's put you on a fast but wait and look at current events, and watch movies, and putter around the yard. And sigh a lot. And maybe keep muttering, Lord have mercy...I trust You...Lord have mercy...

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I mean, I don't know if its the same for everyone, but...for me, I can't even stomach the thought of picking my bible up when its all darkness. I mean, if He says no food and water right now, I'm just going to submit because I don't want to interfere or refuse where He has put me and make it go on LONGER than necessary. The truth is, I'm lucky during those times if I can even manage to pray anything other than sighs.

I just practice trust in them. Actually, it got better in the last fast because I really got my groove on the trust thing. If I recall correctly, even though it was a much longer one, I kind of floated through it in a pretty amazing peace, just trusting and being joyful that I could trust for such a long period of time...

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess that's the whole washing your face thing, not going around in a funk of pity and snappishness that everyone can see.

Sorry. Just casting about for anything else I can build you up with. St John of the Cross was a big help for me. Maybe give it a try if you get impatient in your waiting. I'm feeling sorry for you at the same time I'm rejoicing for you, knowing you will come out of it with so much more capacity for God! Lord, enlarge my borders!

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the risk of sounding racist, I'm posting this anyway. I'm not about to cower into silence when something strikes me as being racist, only in reverse. Maybe it's because some secretly still are racist that they don't have the guts to speak up about this, but this situation strikes me as as much a spiritual phenomenon as a social one, and by spiritual I mean demonic.

So here goes: Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed in their area that Caucasian culture is all but disappearing among the youth? I'm not kidding when I say the last ten white guys I've seen on the street were all playing black rap music. And I'm talking about the really vile stuff with all sorts of nasty references to sexual immorality. Just saw another one coming home a few minutes ago, and it was the same thing. The kid is as white as a paper plate, but he's got a huge pit bull in the back seat with him and the "music" was all about "niggas" this, and... that; can't say it, it's too disgusting...

What a shame that we couldn't have at least completely rejected our culture and replaced it with the talented side of black culture. As anyone who's attended black churches will testify, they are immensely talented musically. But instead all I hear is "music" that uses all of two notes, if that, the same beat over and over again ad nauseam, and the same monotone "melody" line, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again as if the writer has the mental capacity of a two-year old. It's brain-dead garbage on a scale too gruesome for me to even put into words, and yet THIS is what the future generations of Americans now hold dear? (Except maybe the Hispanics, of course, who still hold to their own culture in many ways).

It appears associating with the white race at all is to identify with it's evils from the past, so all personal association and identification with absolutely anything caucasian is frowned upon, even by the white youth themselves.

And then I heard a black guy playing stuff the other night and the lyrics were "I got a cleaver for the white meat..." So you have blacks listening to stuff that essentially threatens murder, while the whites are busy being just as anti-white as they possibly can as well. Now that has GOT to be spiritual. When an entire race of people is being brain-washed into hating themselves and their entire race, something is up.

Is it just me, or is anyone else noticing this?

Btw, If we have any African-American members, I have numerous black friends and really don't even see color when it comes to people of my own generation. But I distinctly keep noticing that there are no such things as white people among America's youth anymore. To be white appears to be an awful sin one should seek to repent of daily.

Not a rant. This is reverse-racism and hatred on a level that may well lead to socially-condoned violence some day, and it bothers me. It's evil.

To walk in the darkness is painful. To be about self is painful. One way to adapt to this pain and suffering is to become what one is not, in the hope of acceptance. This is not dictated by skin color. Deep down below the new exterior, they are searching to fill what is missing, and that is The Love of God. I have also found that when one gives a glass of water to those that are thirsty, and they are thirsty, that when you least expect it, your own glass is filled, and filled to overflowing.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have also found that when one gives a glass of water to those that are thirsty, and they are thirsty, that when you least expect it, your own glass is filled, and filled to overflowing.

I think I might understand you here...instead of being morose about whatever tinkering God is doing and not letting you see, go looking for someone you might be able to help. Like...well, let me worry over someone else's thirst rather than my own. Let me see if I can give of some of what He's given me. Yes, you sometimes DO get a drink yourself when you do this...