CB Camp

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
iu

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@April_Rose @Ziggy @APAK
The pictures and fishing thoughts and first aid kits bring back other memories. I was never an enthusiastic fisherman but I went fishing quite a bit in my youth. My last fishing tale is from without doubt when we were quite a bit younger. My wife and I went fishing with our adult son out on Kaw Dam in north central Oklahoma. We walked out on the water side of the Dam which was packed in by huge rocks. Lots of places to entrench yourself and throw in your hook. But... walking out to a good spot could be, as it proved to be that day, a treacherous thing.

Just an enjoyable relaxing day was what we hoped for and intended, but as I guess often happens with even the greatest plans of mice and men...?

On the way out walking on and among those treacherous rocks my wife stumbled and broke a bone in her foot. Getting her out of that place was a job and half for the two of us as she could not walk. From there we drove he 15 miles into the hospital in Ponca City for help.

Needless to say we never cast in even the first hook into the water that day and really were never able to simply relax and enjoy the time. Maybe we should have gone fishing for men?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
iu

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Water bottle check!

istockphoto-611328454-1024x1024.jpg

First Aid kit check!!

91az0aN39wL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Now all I gotta do is put them in my backpack. :)

ism-large-backpack-black-front_d0c9815b-e286-4fc9-8a8a-6eacf6feb584_1014x.png

Psalms 96:11-12.

Reactions: amadeus and Ziggy

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alright guys here we go!!! :D Make sure you have your hiking shoes on. :)

Edit: Go to the link on YouTube to get there.

Reactions: Ziggy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This foto reminds me of an experience on a mountain pathway in Mexico when I was there as a student not long before I met my wife. A young Mexican engineer took me and a Chilena student from Santiago for a hike up that mountain. The girl was younger than me and seemed generally healthy but I guess she had never done much in the way of exercise.

She did not realize how difficult a 'little' hike up the mountain could be. When we were only part way to our destination she began to falter badly. I took her hand and tried to help her, but about that time our guide, the engineer son of our landlady in Mexico City let out a bit forcefully and unkindly some of that Mexican machismo as if she should have been able to keep up with the men. That was the way he expressed it.

It was my first inkling of really not caring a whole lot for that fellow. After that little episode, he went ahead on up the mountain with his girl friend, who never said a word, while I helped the Chilena make her way back down. So clear in my mind now, but I cannot even remember the girl's name. I guess I dated her twice after that.... and then back to California and marriage never to finish my schooling in Mexico.

By June of 1972 I was married to a girl from San Francisco, my current and only wife... I met her when I went home during the Christmas school break in 1971.