CB Camp

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Camping has a great number of benefits for everyone old and young that you and your family can enjoy while spending time in the great outdoors:

1. Stress reduction: Leave the overbooked scheduling at home. When you’re camping, there’s no place to be at a certain time, and there’s nothing interrupting you or competing for your attention. The natural outcome of this type of setting is stress reduction and relaxation like you can’t find anywhere else.
  2. Fresh air: You may not realize how scarce fresh air is in your day to day life. When you go camping, you get the wondrous scents of the outdoors, as well as the smell of dinner cooking over an open fire.
  3. Relationship building: One of the best and most important aspects of camping is how it helps you build and strengthen relationships. When you go camping with friends or family, you get a chance to talk and visit without distraction, even late into the night.
  4. Physical fitness: Time spent camping is physical time. You set up a tent, gather firewood, go for a hike. At home, we often lead sedentary lives that do not promote physical fitness. When you’re camping, you can’t help but engage in physical activity and get your heart rate up.
  5. Lack of alarm clocks: When was the last time you slept late without an alarm clock to wake you up? When you’re camping, the only alarm clocks you have are the sun and the chirping of birds. Waking up with nature rather than an alarm clock is an experience everyone should have regularly.
  6. Unplugging: Camping is a great chance for everyone to unplug and get away from their screens. In the great outdoors, you don’t find computers, tablets or televisions and there’s so much else to do that does not require electronics.
  7. Great food: Food just tastes better when prepared in the outdoors. There’s something about cooking food over a campfire, a campsite grill or in a Deluxe Cabin kitchen that just can’t be replicated when you’re eating at home. Plus, nothing beats s’mores made over an open fire. Dream big and plan a great menu before you head out on your next camping trip.
  8. Connection with nature: When you’re camping, you get a chance to get in touch with nature, encounter wildlife and see the stars away from the bright lights of the big city. There’s nothing quite like it. Make sure you and your family have the chance to connect with nature when you explore the many benefits of camping.
  9. Development of new skills: You can’t help but develop new skills while camping. Everyone on the trip will contribute and it’s a great chance to learn new things. You may learn how to set up tents, tie knots, start fires, cook a new meal and more. These skills are important to have, and yet we don’t often get a chance to develop them during the course of our regular busy schedules.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning guys, I'm awake but I'm still in my tent lol I have to go potty and start packing things up, because after the canoe trip we're hitting the showers and going back to our home website. Be back later. :)

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a sattellite repair man coming this morning. Some channels I get and some I don't.
Curious.. anywhoo..
I'll try to be here when we go canoeing.
I'm reaally looking forward to it!

Reactions: April_Rose

JazzyJeff15

May 12, 2021
Connecticut
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
*walks over to everyone bloodied, with a severe limp*

Good morning everyone! Well unfortunately I didnt learn my lesson after being fined for knocking over the porta pottys. I knocked one over last night not realizing a member from a motorcycle gang was inside. Needless to say, he called his buddies over and they battered me for hours!

Members%20of%2014%20N.S.W%20outlaw%20motorcycle%20gangs%20gather%20at%20Moore%20Park

Did anyone bring a first aid kit with them?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
*walks over to everyone bloodied, with a severe limp*

Good morning everyone! Well unfortunately I didnt learn my lesson after being fined for knocking over the porta pottys. I knocked one over last night not realizing a member from a motorcycle gang was inside. Needless to say, he called his buddies over and they battered me for hours!

Members%20of%2014%20N.S.W%20outlaw%20motorcycle%20gangs%20gather%20at%20Moore%20Park

Did anyone bring a first aid kit with them?
iu

Bad call.. LOL

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ROTFL @JazzyJeff15 I sure hope you're alright and thanks to @Ziggy for fixing you up. :D Okay guys, here's the deal,.. I'm running a bit short on time so I have to hurry up and wrap this whole entire virtual camping experience up. I hope you all enjoyed yourselves and this thread wound up being a LOT more popular than I thought it was going to be. I mean twenty pages!?! Holy cow you guys are amazing!!! :D

I'm definitely going to bring this thread next year. So I hope you enjoy the rest of the trip and love you guys. ;)

Make sure to hit the showers when you're finished. :)

no_photo_4.jpg

And then it'll be time to ride back to our home website. :) (Remember to mute for the best experience. :D)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh yeah and don't forget your life jacket and I still need to put a Bible verse. :)

Luke 5:3.

3007rs_rustic_orange_front2.jpg

Reactions: Ziggy

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ended....And I was just getting used to the this outdoor experience....back to the site then....to the real world, aye!?

Reactions: April_Rose

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do some rivers have such strange names

Batten kill
Bitterroot
The frying pan

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do some rivers have such strange names

Batten kill
Bitterroot
The frying pan
Just like events in life, places, they are named because of the experiences and events. The 'frying pan' for example could mean a river where it is marked by lots or one section of strong currents forming into a closed area, as in a bowl or a pan and getting folks capsized or even worse....like getting 'fried' or into serious trouble. The 'Bitterroot' river is actually one I'm familiar with, in Montana. Native Americans (the Blackfoot) found bitter roots of plants that were medicinal and used in cooking.......

APAK

Reactions: amadeus and Ziggy

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just like events in life, places, they are named because of the experiences and events. The 'frying pan' for example could mean a river where it is marked by lots or one section of strong currents forming into a closed area, as in a bowl or a pan and getting folks capsized or even worse....like getting 'fried' or into serious trouble. The 'Bitterroot' river is actually one I'm familiar with, in Montana. Native Americans (the Blackfoot) found bitter roots of plants that were medicinal and used in cooking.......

APAK

thou art wise!

Reactions: amadeus and Ziggy