Celebrating Christmas ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's because YOU can't go back any further than 500 years - when mere MEN created your sects . . .
Can't we go back 6000 years?

Genesis 3
14So the Lord God said to the serpent:

“Because you have done this,
You are cursed more than all cattle,
And more than every beast of the field;
On your belly you shall go,
And you shall eat dust
All the days of your life.

15And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her Seed;
He shall bruise your head,
And you shall bruise His heel.”

Luke 24:27
And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, He explained to them what was written in all the Scriptures about Himself.

Romans 16:20
The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

Revelation 12:17
And the dragon was enraged at the woman, and went to make war with the rest of her children, who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can't we go back 6000 years?

Genesis 3
14So the Lord God said to the serpent:

“Because you have done this,
You are cursed more than all cattle,
And more than every beast of the field;
On your belly you shall go,
And you shall eat dust
All the days of your life.
15And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her Seed;
He shall bruise your head,
And you shall bruise His heel.”

Luke 24:27
And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, He explained to them what was written in all the Scriptures about Himself.

Romans 16:20
The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

Revelation 12:17
And the dragon was enraged at the woman, and went to make war with the rest of her children, who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus.
And yet, NONE of this changes the historical fact that YOUR ecclesial lineage only goes back 500 years, at best . . .

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet, NONE of this changes the historical fact that YOUR ecclesial lineage only goes back 500 years, at best . . .
"Ecclesial lineage" doesn't exist. It's a fantasy.

For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, (1 Timothy 2:5)

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Ecclesial lineage" doesn't exist. It's a fantasy.
For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, (1 Timothy 2:5)
This verse has ZERO to do with your denial of Christ's Church. It simply means that ONLY because of Jesus's perfect sacriice can peace be made between us and God.
We are ALL comanded to intercede for one another (James 5:16).

It DOESN'T negate the necessity of His Church - which is CHRIST Himself on earth.
The Church is:
- The Body of Christ and He is the Head (1 Cor. 12:12-31, Eph. 4:3-6, Col. 1:8).
- Jesus identifies His very SELF with His Church (Acts 9:4-5).
- The Church is the FULLNESS of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23).
- The Church is the Pillar and Foundation of Truth (1 Tim. 3:15).
- Jesus said that HE is the Light of the World (John 8:12). He also said that His Church is the Light of the world (Matt. 5:14).
- Jesus is Truth itself (John 14:6).
- Jesus promised His Church that the Holy Spirit would guide her to ALL Truth (John 16:12-15).
- Jesus told the leaders of His Church that WHATEVER they bound or loosed on earth would ALSO be bound and loosed in Heaven (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18, John 20:21-23).

The Church is NOT;
- A ggagle of tens of thousands of disjoitned and perpetually-splintering factions created by MEN in the 16th century that ALL teach different doctrines based on the personal beliefs of the MAN who invented them.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why not? You people act like have a merry time is some great sin. Honestly we give presents not because of some pagan thing but because the wise man did. The reason it is on Dec 25 is because a long time ago a Bishop calculated some dates and it out came out to December 25. Honestly you people and your "oh no this is pagan" crap. Get over yourselves already. You wanna act all Scrooge do it but let us who keep Christmas keep it

Truthfully why is it that the scriptures don't give us a month or an exact day that Jesus was born on. People don't want to admit the truth that Christmas December 25th came from pagan festivals. The Roman festival called Saturnalia for one, it's a celebration dedicated to Saturn, the God of agriculture. It gave many customs to Christmas such as elaborate feasting, giving of gifts, and lighting of candles. This feastival started in the middle of the month of December and ended around the 25th. Pagan gods were false God's therefore associated with demons. Why would we take what is demonic and apply it to Jesus. The True God doesn't want us associating with demons so why are we taking what belongs to demons and applying them to God's Only Begotten Son.
Now let's be honest about what God expects from his servants when it comes to gift giving, gathering with families and friends. God expects his servants to give gifts without expecting anything in return because of the love you have for family and friends. He also expects you to gather with family and friends and have meals together because of your love you have for your family and friends. When it comes to giving of gifts or gathering together with family and friends you do it anytime during the year not because it's a special day.
Too many people try to justify giving of gifts on Jesus birthday by the scriptures that talk about wise men that gave Jesus gifts. These wise men didn't give these gifts on Jesus birthday because Jesus was several months old by the time the wise men found Jesus and the family was living in a house. The wise men didn't considered these gifts as birthdays gifts but gifts that when you visited a king you brought him royal gifts.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truthfully why is it that the scriptures don't give us a month or an exact day that Jesus was born on. People don't want to admit the truth that Christmas December 25th came from pagan festivals. The Roman festival called Saturnalia for one, it's a celebration dedicated to Saturn, the God of agriculture. It gave many customs to Christmas such as elaborate feasting, giving of gifts, and lighting of candles. This feastival started in the middle of the month of December and ended around the 25th. Pagan gods were false God's therefore associated with demons. Why would we take what is demonic and apply it to Jesus. The True God doesn't want us associating with demons so why are we taking what belongs to demons and applying them to God's Only Begotten Son.
Now let's be honest about what God expects from his servants when it comes to gift giving, gathering with families and friends. God expects his servants to give gifts without expecting anything in return because of the love you have for family and friends. He also expects you to gather with family and friends and have meals together because of your love you have for your family and friends. When it comes to giving of gifts or gathering together with family and friends you do it anytime during the year not because it's a special day.
Too many people try to justify giving of gifts on Jesus birthday by the scriptures that talk about wise men that gave Jesus gifts. These wise men didn't give these gifts on Jesus birthday because Jesus was several months old by the time the wise men found Jesus and the family was living in a house. The wise men didn't considered these gifts as birthdays gifts but gifts that when you visited a king you brought him royal gifts.
Oh Barney, you're so FILLED with Kingdom Hall baloney.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh Barney, you're so FILLED with Kingdom Hall baloney.

Tell me, why is it you're so afraid of the truth. Anyone who is a Christian, a true Christian anyway, shouldn't be talking to anyone about an observance of any day as necessary to be a Christian. Tell me where do the scriptures say anything about a person is to observe Christmas to be a true Christian?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell me, why is it you're so afraid of the truth. Anyone who is a Christian, a true Christian anyway, shouldn't be talking to anyone about an observance of any day as necessary to be a Christian. Tell me where do the scriptures say anything about a person is to observe Christmas to be a true Christian?
Is there anything that you disagree with Kingdom Hall? lol
Your brain has been washed.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there anything that you disagree with Kingdom Hall? lol
Your brain has been washed.

The fact that people go on about these days as though to be a Christian you must observe these days show that you don't live by faith. Living by faith is based on the truth. A truth you're not concerned with because you're too busy wondering why people don't observed these days as though it's necessary to be a Christian.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact that people go on about these days as though to be a Christian you must observe these days show that you don't live by faith. Living by faith is based on the truth. A truth you're not concerned with because you're too busy wondering why people don't observed these days as though it's necessary to be a Christian.
You avoided my question Barney. Lets try again.
Is there anything that you disagree with Kingdom Hall?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You avoided my question Barney. Lets try again.
Is there anything that you disagree with Kingdom Hall?

You ignore the truth kcnalp, so since you ignore the truth which you do have the right to do. I ignore your questions which I have the right to do.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You ignore the truth kcnalp, so since you ignore the truth which you do have the right to do. I ignore your questions which I have the right to do.
You're just proving that Kingdom Hall washed your brain. How many years did you sit in Kingdom Hall? Or is that secret too?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're just proving that Kingdom Hall washed your brain. How many years did you sit in Kingdom Hall? Or is that secret too?

You talk about someones brain being washed but it's those like you who twist Scripture take scriptures out of context and refuse what God's Holy Spirit actually had men write down and refuse to believe it be the truth. Now that's being brainwashed. Of course I don't expect you to believe that.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You talk about someones brain being washed but it's those like you who twist Scripture take scriptures out of context and refuse what God's Holy Spirit actually had men write down and refuse to believe it be the truth. Now that's being brainwashed. Of course I don't expect you to believe that.
Kingdom Hall twists nearly every verse in the Bible. You're just a victim. Is there anything that you disagree with Kingdom Hall? Anything???

Freeborn

Jan 7, 2021
New Jerusalem
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm guessing that "peace on Earth and good will toward men" means that we should put on sackcloth and ashes and begin mourning for Jesus' birthday party.

Just don't do it for my party.
Job 3 gives the truth of the birthday of Jesus. God blotted this day out of existence and commanded, let this day not be blessed, but cursed. Jeremiah 20 confirms this: let not the day of my birth be blessed. cursed is the man who announced it. Jer 10 commands not to do as the heathen by decorating that tree. I am NOT JEHOVAH WITNESS. never have been. I study the KJV and God condemns this all over scripture. Deut 12 commands us not to do as the heathen's do to their gods. He said, do only what I command you. He did not command any birthday party. Jesus was born Feb 30. that day does not exist now. Pity of JW is that they only saw it as pagan. and it is. but Scripture is full of condemning this evil celebration. Rev 11 says it is celebrating the death of God's witnesses. Not JW.

Freeborn

Jan 7, 2021
New Jerusalem
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the RCC adopted a gentile holiday to celebrate the birth of Christ, and the influence of that grew. it was a wise decision seeing it gives opportunity for unsaved to hear about the savior.
No. The catholic church took the ancient worship of the idol god, sun-god Saturn, which was done Dec 25. they changed the name to keep the true Christians deceived and honoring this devil worship matter. God blotted the day of Jesus' birth out of existence. Job 3. that day was Feb 30. It is forbidden in scripture. Deut 12, Jer 10 and Jer20. Rev 11 shows it is celebrating the death of God's witnesses; the true powerful church in Acts. all these holidays are devil worship. Not JW. I get truth from the KJV; not any church. God never said do these idol worship things and that will show people Jesus....how does all the lies connected with the holidays, especially xmess...show anything about Jesus? He is the reason for all the lies?

Freeborn

Jan 7, 2021
New Jerusalem
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I think that Christmas is an absolute insult to Christ. Christ was given gifts because he was just that inimitably special. Why in the world would we attempt to emulate the honour and worship that Christ received, between ourselves?
Christ said be always vigilante, do not be like the 5 virgins who were not prepared. Meaning, one day out of the year is not worthy of any more devotion and attention to Christ, than the rest of the year. Also, it seems that it is Saint Nicholas who is the one getting all the attention, or at least, an inordinate amount, often over-shadowing Christ.
For those who are serious, no, we don't revere any single or particular days over another, in honour of Christ. He is King of Kings and Lord of Lord, all has been put under his rule, as it pleased the Father to do so. Christ is king for eternity, to the point that a single day set aside to pay homage to him, is nothing but an utter insult.
Every day is Christ's day, as all who have ever walked the earth, including saints and demons alike, will find out!
God forbids the celebrating of such days. He blotted the day of the birth of Jesus out of existence; Job 3. said let not the day of my birth be blessed. repeated in Jer 20. It is sin. It is devil worship. God said we must only do to him what he commands us; do not add to it or take away from it. Deut 12. Rev 11 shows it is the celebration of the death of God's true witnesses, those in Acts.

Freeborn

Jan 7, 2021
New Jerusalem
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think of celebrating Christmas, even Jesus was probably not born on December 25th?

And what do you think about celebrating Christmas like the world does (Christmas Tree, Presents, Santa...)

Let me know what you think.

Be blessed!
The word of God forbids this. It is devil-worship, taken from ancient idol sun god Saturn. But it existed even before that. Job 3 shows that god blotted that day out of existence and cursed it. that is Feb 30. Jesus was two years old before the wise men came. He was no longer a baby.
It has not one thing to do with birthday presents. Jer 10 and 20 forbids this. Rev 11 shows it is celebrating the death of God's witnesses. Deut12 forbids us to do to God anything that he did not command us to do. He never commands the holidays. They are all devil worship. A true Christian will study God's word and obey it. How can all the lies that are told that are connected with the holidays, especially xmess, be fine with God or because of Jesus? they are saying I tell all these lies because of Jesus. could not be.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kingdom Hall twists nearly every verse in the Bible. You're just a victim. Is there anything that you disagree with Kingdom Hall? Anything???

I don't use just one Bible. I always compare what other Bibles say. But you would be against that too wouldn't you. All you want people to do is agree with you no matter what's written in the Bible.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Job 3 gives the truth of the birthday of Jesus. God blotted this day out of existence and commanded, let this day not be blessed, but cursed. Jeremiah 20 confirms this: let not the day of my birth be blessed. cursed is the man who announced it. Jer 10 commands not to do as the heathen by decorating that tree. I am NOT JEHOVAH WITNESS. never have been. I study the KJV and God condemns this all over scripture. Deut 12 commands us not to do as the heathen's do to their gods. He said, do only what I command you. He did not command any birthday party. Jesus was born Feb 30. that day does not exist now. Pity of JW is that they only saw it as pagan. and it is. but Scripture is full of condemning this evil celebration. Rev 11 says it is celebrating the death of God's witnesses. Not JW.
Try using scriptures in context for a change.