check out this 2 sites and tell me what you think thanks ( corrected)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Reactions: Willie T and Taken

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@saintman
Welcome to the forum. You have some nice pictures posted, but I would slow down on what you write until you are better grounded in the things of God. Stand firm in God, but remember as Solomon wrote in the Book of Ecclesiastes about 1,000 years before Jesus was born to Mary in Bethlehem, that there is a time to speak and a time to remain silent. Stay on God's side and He will eventually provide you with the correct timing as well as any necessary words.

Reactions: Willie T and DNB

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The first one appears to be gibberish, and the second one appears to offer a wide range of tours including mountain hikes, kayaking, biking, and even a glimpse of unholy people, but especially Muslims burning in the lake of fire. I can't take it seriously. It's got to be some sort of asinine joke.

Probably just more of that uber-troll, "the Anointed of the Seven Spirits of God," or whatever he calls himself. He uses new aliases all the time. The enemy tried to destroy this site about a year/year and a half ago through some extremely vicious doctrinal infighting. When that didn't work, Satan had to switch tactics. Now he sends in guys like this to make us look wacko, to hopefully keep visitors - Christians looking for a good community to join - away.

When viewed properly, it's evidence the enemy feels threatened by this website, and knows it could potentially become a strong online community for the Lord in the end-times.

I could go into more detail, but I'll leave it at that.

Reactions: Willie T and DNB

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Probably just more of that uber-troll, "the Anointed of the Seven Spirits of God," or whatever he calls himself. He uses new aliases all the time. The enemy tried to destroy this site about a year/year and a half ago through some extremely vicious doctrinal infighting. When that didn't work, Satan had to switch tactics. Now he sends in guys like this to make us look wacko, to hopefully keep visitors - Christians looking for a good community to join - away.

When viewed properly, it's evidence the enemy feels threatened by this website, and knows it could potentially become a strong online community for the Lord in the end-times.

Interesting take on it. I just thought it was some retarded bigot trying to drum up some money taking people out on his kayaks. I can see how someone might want to pretend to be some sort of backwards close minded bigot to give the impression that Christians are all like that. The thing is that there are already quite a lot of trolls who are professing Christians.

I've got close to 20 people ignored already who have absolutely nothing redeeming to say about anyone or anything. They look as though their sole wish would be to spend eternity arguing like a bunch of Hasidic Jews over the finer points of the law. The only difference being that Hasidic Jews seem to have a bit more self respect; at least enough to entertain the view of their opposition. They're also significantly more entertaining in presenting their own views.

Regardless, they're getting a head start on an eternity of squabbling over doctrine.

Reactions: Willie T

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting take on it. I just thought it was some retarded bigot trying to drum up some money taking people out on his kayaks. I can see how someone might want to pretend to be some sort of backwards close minded bigot to give the impression that Christians are all like that. The thing is that there are already quite a lot of trolls who are professing Christians.

I've got close to 20 people ignored already who have absolutely nothing redeeming to say about anyone or anything. They look as though their sole wish would be to spend eternity arguing like a bunch of Hasidic Jews over the finer points of the law.

A Ha Ha!! Got a good laugh out of that one : )
I know what you mean. The sad part is, if they continue in it and never repent, they will likely have no part in Heaven. Human souls get into a pattern where it is the only behavior they know. But that kind of lifestyle will not be welcome in Heaven, at least not the heated, strife-filled sort of stuff. Discussing the scriptures out of courtesy, love, respect, and a desire to search out the truth together, absolutely. But not that contentious mess. That lifestyle is a ticket to the other place, where they curse one another instead of bless each other.
The only difference being that Hasidic Jews seem to have a bit more self respect; at least enough to entertain the view of their opposition.

Yes. If you'll notice, even the Pharisees in the NT had more respect for reason than many Christian debaters do today. Many today will use any trick in the book just to save face and make it look like they've "won" an argument. It's really ugly nowadays.

Reactions: Willie T

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
A Ha Ha!! Got a good laugh out of that one : )
I know what you mean. The sad part is, if they continue in it and never repent, they will likely have no part in Heaven. Human souls get into a pattern where it is the only behavior they know. But that kind of lifestyle will not be welcome in Heaven, at least not the heated, strife-filled sort of stuff. Discussing the scriptures out of courtesy, love, respect, and a desire to search out the truth together, absolutely. But not that contentious mess. That lifestyle is a ticket to the other place, where they curse one another instead of bless each other.

Yes, it is definitely habitual. I find myself being drawn into it occasionally myself. It is embarrassing, and disturbing. For a time, I was drawn into it wholeheartedly until one day I began to see that the sarcasm was tearing into me more than it was to those it was directed to. It's always self destructive. I had a visceral reaction to it that left me horrified for quite some time.

Yes. If you'll notice, even the Pharisees in the NT had more respect for reason than many Christian debaters do today. Many today will use any trick in the book just to save face and make it look like they've "won" an argument. It's really ugly nowadays.

I have always been overwhelmed with gratitude when someone reveals some deep truth in the scriptures, especially when it disproves my position. It has happened repeatedly over the course of my life so much so that I sometimes feel I don't really have much of a grasp of these texts at all anymore. It is ironic how many times I have concluded that now I finally understand the bible. It's laughable how many times I've said that to myself only to be completely blown over by how wrong I've been. It is truly humbling, yet I still find the strength to eagerly point out when someone else has misinterpreted a point in scripture. It's sad, but I see progress so I don't think God has written me off yet.

It's like you say when you see people who are eager to dig into God's word to see what it has to reveal, it can be contagious, but then there's that mix of ego that seems to take the fun out of it.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Agreed, I actually reported the guy.

Reactions: Hidden In Him