Chrisiianity begins at home

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

grandma dolittle

May 23, 2012
Missouri
Last Sunday, my minister preached on how Christianity begins in the home. If parents showed an example of Christian living; that is praying and reading the Bible with the children and teaching them how to live a life for Christ; then there would be no need for prayer in school. It should not be left up to the teachers of school and church to teach the children right from wrong. There would be less crime and churches would be overflowing with praises to God. However, Satan likes the status quo. If he can get the parents to neglect their children and allow the tv and games to babysit and or inform the children about sin and violence; then he can tear a nation down. In addition, the children's peers will have more influence on the kids than the parents.

As a teenager,I never heard of drugs; beer and tobacco, yes but not drugs. I never heard the language I hear coming out of my son and daughter-in-laws' mouth. My Dad would have mashed a few mouths if any cussing was done in front of Mother or me. I could not bear doing something that either Mother or God would be ashamed of me for.

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i agree with you that we need to teach God in our homes. well said :)

God bless

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
i agree with you that we need to teach God in our homes. well said :)

God bless

Last Sunday, my minister preached on how Christianity begins in the home. If parents showed an example of Christian living; that is praying and reading the Bible with the children and teaching them how to live a life for Christ; then there would be no need for prayer in school. It should not be left up to the teachers of school and church to teach the children right from wrong. There would be less crime and churches would be overflowing with praises to God. However, Satan likes the status quo. If he can get the parents to neglect their children and allow the tv and games to babysit and or inform the children about sin and violence; then he can tear a nation down. In addition, the children's peers will have more influence on the kids than the parents.

As a teenager,I never heard of drugs; beer and tobacco, yes but not drugs. I never heard the language I hear coming out of my son and daughter-in-laws' mouth. My Dad would have mashed a few mouths if any cussing was done in front of Mother or me. I could not bear doing something that either Mother or God would be ashamed of me for.
Raise up a child in the way he should go and when he is older he will not depart from it

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Raise up a child in the way he should go and when he is older he will not depart from it

Notice how that verse leaves out the teenage years and 20s and 30s. IF we survive those time we usually repent of our folly and realize our parents wheren't the idiots society and we made them out to be in our minds.

Reactions: grandma dolittle

kensapp

Jul 8, 2012
Singapore
I have to agree that Christianity or faith, normally begins at home for our parents are our first teacher. They are the ones who introduce Christ in every child.